+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do you want the coaches in the "real" game or not? And why?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Do you want the coaches in the "real" game or not? And why?

To me it seems unfair since the new players have had to be out there making enemies while the coaches kind of hid behind their teams. Also the coaches know each other pretty well from previous seasons and the kind of PR work the former players do. So I think I'd vote no.

Another question (but the title only has so much room) is, will the teams turn on their coaches? I'd guess no for the small teams, they need every ally they can find, but will Frank find Boogie a threat if he's really in the game?

Re: Do you want the coaches in the "real" game or not? And why?

I absolutely do not want the coaches in the game. It is not fair to the new people one bit and these coaches have had their chance/chances. I did not like the vets against the newbies last season and to do this now is just a variation of the same thing. I would like to think our votes would mean something, but I question it. With so many new people wanting to play this game I would like to see just new people be given a chance. How would this be fair to these new people after getting to know these players for 3 weeks?
    tapper01 likes this.

I have to admit - I like Dan and Janelle, but I say no.

Why? The producers have said CLEARLY the coaches were competing for a separate prize this year. To reinstate them IMHO is dishonest and worthy of FCC game show fines for that reason (Damn the "reality tv" nonsense - it's not real if you're manipulating the game).

I would actually hope that if the vets WERE allowed to return - the newbies got some sense and walk out of the show as a unit. I know I'd be doing it - with a tirade on live TV as to why before I did.

What I'd say if they allowed this - especially after being told the coaches were playing a DIFFERENT game and then this twist:

"Julie, producers of 'Big Brother' - I will be giving my DOR as of this moment. I refuse to play a game when I have been lied to by the producers themselves that the coaches would be playing a different game and receive a different prize from the standard $500,000. This change in rules - which will give a veteran a HUGE advantage as they have played before. None of us newbies have a fair chance. It is not worth my time or effort to continue a game with this lie and deceit on the part of the heads of the show. Therefore, to my fellow houseguests, I say goodbye and good luck if you should continue, but I will not play a game that the producers have dishonored anymore."

OK, admittedly they'd shut my microphone off but you know what? at least my fellow guests would hear and maybe also walk out.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I have to admit - I like Dan and Janelle, but I say no.

Why? The producers have said CLEARLY the coaches were competing for a separate prize this year. To reinstate them IMHO is dishonest and worthy of FCC game show fines for that reason (Damn the "reality tv" nonsense - it's not real if you're manipulating the game).

I would actually hope that if the vets WERE allowed to return - the newbies got some sense and walk out of the show as a unit. I know I'd be doing it - with a tirade on live TV as to why before I did.

What I'd say if they allowed this - especially after being told the coaches were playing a DIFFERENT game and then this twist:

"Julie, producers of 'Big Brother' - I will be giving my DOR as of this moment. I refuse to play a game when I have been lied to by the producers themselves that the coaches would be playing a different game and receive a different prize from the standard $500,000. This change in rules - which will give a veteran a HUGE advantage as they have played before. None of us newbies have a fair chance. It is not worth my time or effort to continue a game with this lie and deceit on the part of the heads of the show. Therefore, to my fellow houseguests, I say goodbye and good luck if you should continue, but I will not play a game that the producers have dishonored anymore."

OK, admittedly they'd shut my microphone off but you know what? at least my fellow guests would hear and maybe also walk out.
    I think your idea is perfect and if I were in the game with you I certainly would be joining you.

absolutely NO I do not want coaches to come in. I am tired of the vets/newbie angle. If they want an all-stars do it if not, I would like a show with all NEW people no coaches, no returing "guests" just all new people.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm split 50/50 - half of me says heck no b/c I don't think it's fair to the contestants, though with Brittany figuring it out last week, I guess they've been given notice. On the other hand, this season is just so darn boring that having the newbies go up against the vets would at least be interesting. While doing my recap, I heard Danielle whine about not thinking she'd have to be fighting so soon to stay in the house. Seriously? What game did you think you were playing??

So what happens if all but 1 coach decides to enter the game - does that person automatically win the 100K?
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

No coaches. Unfair to the newbies and they take time away from new drama. How many times is Mike-B going to say the same tired lines and jokes!?

All this America's vote is just red herring. BB production does as it pleases when ratings are involve. There is a reason they don't let "America" vote who they want out of the house after the first season.

I want BB with all new people. Leave the "has-been" to All-Stars.

I'll watch it either way so it doesn't matter to me, I haven't really liked the 'teams' angle too much and I would love to see if Dan could win this thing again.. and anyone beating Boogie head to head would be rather amusing to me as well!

It reads like the majority here favor leaving the coaches out of it and I am thinking ... how about some sort of compromise?

Let the Newbies play against each other and the coaches play against each other and offer Two (2) $500,00 prizes. Perhaps have co-HOH's ?

or

Maybe have 2 Coaching teams ... say Dan and Janelle v. Boogie and Britney with each team coaching a blind-draw team made up of the of remaining players. The winning Coach team splits the $500K.

The Newbies & Coaches have an inkling that the coaches may come into the game and have all been playing accordingly.

Maybe give B & B Janelle's 3 Plus Danielle and J & D Boogies 3 plus Shane. I think some sort of mash-up is in order.

JMHO.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

At first, I was like 'Yes", but then thinking it over, NO WAY. They will just do what they did last season and win the game. I don't want a previous winner winning it, like Rachel did... CBS WILL step in at some point and fix the game for them, just like how they convinced or paid Lawan? to put himself up against Rachel's boyfriend last year, then let Rachel cheat for her boyfriend on live tv by giving him all the instructions he needed on the sidelines. **** THAT! I quit the entire season cold turkey after seeing that, no forums, nothin. Disgusting. Did the same thing when they brought back people for Survivor, ended up skipping that season and the one after. Stop trying to bring back more familiar faces and add more elements to the game instead! I will vote as much as I can to prevent the coaches from coming back.

And if they do come back, you newbies better remember what Willie said before Joe ran super sabotage on him or you will ultimately end up pawns.

One thing people need to remember is when the coaches are NOT brought back, there might be another twist up their sleeve to extend the game so it's just as long as it normally is, and I would rather see that instead. Bring back Pandora's box!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast