+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 7/26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Anyone else think the comp was skewed in favor of Shane? As soon as I saw the ice rink, I knew he'd have a huge advantage, being from VT where every kid learns to play hockey at birth. Not that I'm complaining, I was happy to see him do it!

Does anyone know why Jojo was called a hypocrite? That didn't go along with the "showmance" scenario to me.

Lastly - what's up with Ashley? "Emancipated?" Brother. I guess they cast her, hoping for another Jordan but Ashley's just not as...cute. Jordan had great delivery and was loveable. Ashely, not so much!
    Emancipated and his ribs are introverted, I think.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Anyone else think the comp was skewed in favor of Shane? As soon as I saw the ice rink, I knew he'd have a huge advantage, being from VT where every kid learns to play hockey at birth. Not that I'm complaining, I was happy to see him do it!

Does anyone know why Jojo was called a hypocrite? That didn't go along with the "showmance" scenario to me.

Lastly - what's up with Ashley? "Emancipated?" Brother. I guess they cast her, hoping for another Jordan but Ashley's just not as...cute. Jordan had great delivery and was loveable. Ashely, not so much!
    I (sort of) thought giving Shane the win wasn't correct. His ball didn't exactly go into the slot. ... just on the edge of it. I would have called the win for Danielle, which does make me think they wanted Shane to win.

I really think that Danielle might be more of the Jordan "type". She even has the potential thing with Shane.
    Uncle David likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Damn, Jojo made her own bed by hinting at that showmance! I really was hoping she was going to stay. Her bold personality killed her but that's more fun to watch than floater. I can already see myself puking when Boogie or Janelle wins, which is pretty high at this point.

I'm not sure how I feel if the coaches go back in it. If they don't what will happen? A very SHORT season or some other twist? That's something nobody has thought about.

I huge lol'ed at Ashely too, using the wrong words all over the place. Emancipated? You mean emaciated. And introverted? I don't even know what you mean there. She said, so skinny they'd become introverted. Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I (sort of) thought giving Shane the win wasn't correct. His ball didn't exactly go into the slot. ... just on the edge of it. I would have called the win for Danielle, which does make me think they wanted Shane to win.
    I think the "slot" was defined as the gray section where the number starts. Maybe they should have said the person whose ball is the closest to the highest number instead.
    Last edited by Endit; 07-28-2012 at 12:24 AM.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The Recap for this episode is posted in the Thursday Recap thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Ashley is too average and ordinary to be a reality "star." By contrast, Dan has an engaging personality.

My husband was trying to figure out if Ashley is playing up her character or if she could actually be that dim.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Cool Kid Club cardholder Emerald Fox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Why am I not surprised that Dr. Will specializes in tattoo removal. Good grief, talk about non life or death medicine. And a somewhat sleazy clientele. What a waste of his brains.
    He makes way more money than if he practiced "life or death" medicine. Not everyone who studies medicine is in the field to save a life. Some want to make good money, and being a general practitioner doesn't make all that much. His brain is not being wasted. He's providing a service that people want, and he's contributing to the economy and supporting his fiancée and son by doing so.

Tattoo removal might not be a useful job to you, but to the people who deeply regret their decision to get a tattoo find it pretty darn important. Sure, it might not life-saving in the conventional sense. But to a woman who has her ex-boyfriend's name on her chest, and is sick of seeing a daily reminder of two mistakes, it just might make a world of difference. ("One man's trash is another man's treasure" or something like that)

Besides, Will does a lot more than just removing tattoos. Check out his Wikipedia page. Pretty impressive work.

(By the way, PWS - I'm not trying to jump on you here, so sorry if this post comes off in that kind of tone. Just defending my favorite BB player and his line of work. Also, did you used to do recaps here back in the day? If not, I must just remembering reading your posts here for many years... )
    "All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."
    - Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    My husband was trying to figure out if Ashley is playing up her character or if she could actually be that dim.
    I think she's that dim
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Cool Kid Club cardholder Emerald Fox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    I huge lol'ed at Ashely too, using the wrong words all over the place. Emancipated? You mean emaciated. And introverted? I don't even know what you mean there. She said, so skinny they'd become introverted. Huh?
    "Introverted ribs" - She obviously meant that his ribs are shy! I think she meant to say "inverted ribs" (I've heard other people use that term before) but even that would be incorrect, since that would mean his ribs are on the outside of his body.

Ashley has said many, many times "People always think I'm stupid, but I'm actually really smart." (it's even in her CBS bio.)
    Usually if people always think you're stupid, that's because you are stupid.
    Her repeating that line seems like she has major insecurities about her intelligence. Her telling people "I'm actually smart!" feels like the old "maybe if I say it enough times, it will come true!" Or that she's at least trying to convince herself and others that. Also, intelligent people in the Big Brother game are usually smart enough *not* to tell others that they're smart, and downplay that aspect of themselves. It serves no good purpose in BB.

She projects this happy "everything is rainbows and lollipops!" front (like at the last POV competition, looking around saying "YAY!! BB Cantina! This is the coolest thing ever!" ) but it doesn't seem genuine. I can't tell if she is just extremely sheltered and naïve, or if that act is hiding something else.
    Last edited by Emerald Fox; 07-28-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    "All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."
    - Sun Tzu - The Art of War

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Fox View Post
    He makes way more money than if he practiced "life or death" medicine. Not everyone who studies medicine is in the field to save a life. Some want to make good money, and being a general practitioner doesn't make all that much. His brain is not being wasted. He's providing a service that people want, and he's contributing to the economy and supporting his fiancée and son by doing so.

Tattoo removal might not be a useful job to you, but to the people who deeply regret their decision to get a tattoo find it pretty darn important. Sure, it might not life-saving in the conventional sense. But to a woman who has her ex-boyfriend's name on her chest, and is sick of seeing a daily reminder of two mistakes, it just might make a world of difference. ("One man's trash is another man's treasure" or something like that)

Besides, Will does a lot more than just removing tattoos. Check out his Wikipedia page. Pretty impressive work.

(By the way, PWS - I'm not trying to jump on you here, so sorry if this post comes off in that kind of tone. Just defending my favorite BB player and his line of work. Also, did you used to do recaps here back in the day? If not, I must just remembering reading your posts here for many years... )
    No offense taken, EF! Dr. Will is my favorite BB player ever also, in the same sense that RIchard Hatch is my favorite Survivor player---in a social game they are the best manipulators to ever walk the halls/beaches. They both had incredible insights into how the system worked and into people. Of course for Dr. Will it didn't hurt that he was so attractive that women's minds turned to mush when he smiled at them. And I totally understood the mush--he's got exactly the kind of looks I prefer, too...that "black Irish" coloring (whatever his ethnic background). But while I never expected more from Hatch---he was already set in his ways careerwise by the time I saw him on Survivor, Dr. Will was young enough I hoped he'd focus on more than money as an outlet for his brains. Of course he has a right to go into any field he wants, and I agree, the wrong tattoo can be a disaster, and it's good there are people who can remove them. But I thought he could have used the BB $$ to fund further training in something a little more challenging. I guess though, his personality was also set by then---anyone who could actually become friends in real life with Boogie isn't going to become Dr. Welby, right?
    Nope, I never did recaps officially, although occasionally if someone missed something I'd seen and asked I'd post a minirecap. I"ve been posting a long time though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast