+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 7/22 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/22 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I will maintain the moment Willie said he was a Hantz his days were numbered. NO ONE who even knows the Hantz' gameplay would want them in a show long.

That said, I maintain they should've ousted both Joe and Willie because there was a physical confrontation from the looks of things from both. If Joe had his hands up in fisticuffs - he's inciting and threatening to punch someone. He's just as guilty.

Willie - yes, he too is ousted and justifiably. That said, this case it was two to tango, but Joe is getting off scot-free and that's an irritant.

As far as the coaches, I don't think any can go for the top prize, not after it was clearly said on live TV they were competing for $100K. That area, Willie overreacted.
    I watched it again today and I agree that Joe was just as guilty. Joe knew Willie was on the edge from when Willie went upstairs. When he left Boogie said that Willie had had a tough couple of days. Joe knew this but went down stairs and had to needle Willie just a liitle bit more. The scene in the bathroom Joe was just as much into it as Willie was and Willie didn't really headbutt him from what I saw but was more pushing his chest out like Joe was and when they connected Willie being shorter than Joe his head connected with Joe nose.
    sparklete likes this.

Sadly that height difference makes Russell look like a headbutter instead of a chest thumper.

See the latter - bumping chests in an argument has happened in the show before - at least once or twice, and none have been removed for it. But if they thought it was a headbutt - yeah... that would be seen as against the rules and Willie was ousted.

Seriously - Dick Donato was his namesake at times... but he ended up winning his season and wasn't thrown out in spite of dumping stuff on Jen's head and retaliating for her destroying his cigarettes (which she had to pay him back for BTW). Willie does in essense less than Dick did and he's out.

Like I said - not saying it wasn't warranted but CBS is notorious for not playing it equal-handedly and it will eventually lead to a lawsuit if not an investigation. Just because it's a reality show now doesn't mean that the FCC won't eventually get fed up with this nonsense and unfair decisions they won't decide to blow the whistle and force these "reality" shows to follow the current game codes. (Unfortunately the fact it's supposedly reality and not scripted (if barely) it doesn't fall under the gameshow rules.)

Now - if THIS doesn't convince them to keep the Hantz family off our screens now though - I may just stop watching CBS save for "CSI: NY" and "Amazing Race."
    Endit and sparklete like this.

I think Willie preferred to go out by the producers' decision rather than be evicted...maybe to him, it was a little of "saving face."
    Like others described here, Willie's "head butt" wasnt' really a head butt. He could have swung at Joe anytime and he didnt'. They reminded me of two roosters, all puffed up and dancing around each other. Typical male behavior in animals.
    Brittany did not handle Willie very well and a good coach would have been able to manage him.
    Joe appears to be Mr Nice Guy but he's not...he's just far more subtle than someone like Willie.

And what is up with men wearing these girly tank tops, like Shane had on...in bright pink, no less. Not saying men can't wear pink...I actually like pink on men but the style of the tank was ridiculous and the pink didn't help. Didn't Sleazy Ryan in Emily's Bachelorette time wear a white one just like this??

Ugly tank top style for men. Please no more Hantz family members. Willie got pushed too far and didn't know how to cope and just ignore. I don't think he head butted in the true sense. Not impressed by how all this went down and someone needs to shave that stupid looking landing strip off Joe's face.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

You know - thinking about it - Willie has the strength and muscle that if he had truly headbutted Joe - we'd had an ejection (Willie) AND a medical Departure on Request (Joe).

I don't think Joe would've been conscious let alone unscathed if Willie had truly headbutted him.

Kinda why I feel that even though warranted - Willie's removal is almost overboard. It's less than some things we've seen that have had players removed.
    march and sparklete like this.

FORT Regular

"As far as I'm concerned, when Joe put up his hands in the bathroom when Willie came toward him, he was fighting too, and he should have been ejected too.'

Oh, I disagree with that completely. Some big stupid Louisiana hick comes running at you, and you're not going to defend yourself? Hell, if it was me, I would have picked up a baseball bat.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Regular

"Joe chest bumped Willie"

That's not what I saw...and I rewound it a few times too. Joe was starting to back away, and Willie leaned in. I wouldn't really even call it a chest bump, but he made contact. Is there some BB rule against physical contact when there is a confrontation?

"Joe knew Willie was on the edge from when Willie went upstairs."

Yeah, but if someone calls me a p***y, you think I'd just sit there and take it? I would have said the exact same thing that Joe said. And I don't mean to defend Joe...I don't really like him. (the shouting in the DR bugs the crap out of me) But Willie called everyone, including Joe, in the house a p***y...and Joe responded just like most people would have. Then Willie came charging at Joe in the bathroom, and Joe put up his hands to defend himself, again, just like most people would have. Joe is annoying...but I don't see how he can be faulted in this case.
    Last edited by brycola; 07-24-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Florimel likes this.

It was a head butt... Funny, I clearly saw and recognized it as a head butt first thing as I watched on live tv. Surprised no one else here saw it. At the very end of the confrontation it happens as they are backed away. Willie already had his forehead eye level to Joe but I saw as he stepped back he intentionally pushed his forehead into Joe's face in the eye area, with a pretty good force, hard enough to knock him back. I think that is what TPTB are saying crossed the line.
    tapper01 likes this.

i lvoe boogie, but that was hilarious!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I loved how boogie got so cocky, he lost the competition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345