+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

7/20 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Veto!

Please keep all discussion in here until Midnight ET / 9PM PT.

No live feed spoilers please!

Enjoy the show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/20 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I'm really annoyed by Brenchel (big surprise) and Dom right now. I also feel like Jordan doesn't get nearly enough credit for reading people well.

I don't particularly love Dani choosing to work with Dom, but since she's partnerless and is safe but can't compete, I guess she feels like she has to work out a side deal for herself.

I'd think if a newbie pair wins the next HOH, they ought to give some serious thought to putting Brenchel up. They're more competitive when it comes to HOH and Veto competitions, and getting rid of one of them would also put the other one out of competition for a while. Not to mention the fact that I'd think they'd look less likely to hold to any deal they established than J/J. They're already looking to sell out their alliance just because Rachel has some irrational hatred of Cassi. Jordan's right--Dom's far more a leader with the newbies than Cassi.

I also realized why I find Shelly appealing. She's not busy being catty or trying to advance her game by flirting.

FORT Fogey

Jordan: I'm going to be good at this. I walk and chew gum all the time.

FORT Regular

Rachel: "No wonder America hates me". LOL Ya think?

Also, what happened to Brendan's knees? (maybe I don't wanna know)

Quote Originally Posted by brycola View Post
    Rachel: "No wonder America hates me". LOL Ya think?
    Also, what happened to Brendan's knees? (maybe I don't wanna know)
    I was wondering about his knees too. They were tore up. I also noticed Cassi's knees were pretty bruised up.

I was so hoping that Jordan would nominate Brendan and Rachel. Brendan is so wimpy acting.

FORT Fogey

I also loved Rachel's response to Brendon telling her she had to keep her emotions hidden from the public view: "I am. That's why I'm hiding in a bush." Um, Rachel, first off, you're not doing a very good job of hiding if everyone knows where you are and can hear you sobbing like a child. Second, keeping your emotions hidden doesn't mean you should literally hide. Rachel may not like it, but Jeff was right. It wasn't very likely that she was going to win, so taking two weeks of slop was pretty stupid (though Jeff may also have been thinking how much worse Rachel's mood is likely to be on slop and naturally wanted to avoid that).

Honestly, the very sound of her voice grates on my last nerve. If those two get married, I hope to heaven they don't reproduce, because neither of them are mature enough to be parents. However, given how volatile Rachel is and how controlling Brendon is, I don't see how they're ever going to make it down the aisle. I can just see Rachel bursting into tears and being the first bride ever to answer herself when the minister asks if anyone objects to the wedding, while Brendon goes off on some odd tangent about how a less than perfect wedding will affect his supposed medical career. I certainly pity whatever minister might have to do premarital counseling with that pair.

Speaking of immature, what was with Dom showing off for the camera after his POV win? He didn't win a triathlon or an Olympic medal. He walked really fast across a balance beam while chewing gum. I realize he was excited about getting off the block, but c'mon....that celebration was way out of line in comparison to the accomplishment. And realistically, no triathlete or Olympic athlete would have been that obnoxious on the medal stand.

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    I was wondering about his knees too. They were tore up. I also noticed Cassi's knees were pretty bruised up.

I was so hoping that Jordan would nominate Brendan and Rachel. Brendan is so wimpy acting.
    Everyone's knees are torn up from the competition where the partners were in one costumer together......it was mentioned (from the feeds) that after medical took care of Kalia, they had to take care of everyone elses knees.....the competition was pretty brutal, we just didn't get to see the aftermath on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Jordan: I'm going to be good at this. I walk and chew gum all the time.
    I loved that, it was really funny and cute. I think she reads people far more than anyone gives her credit for

How old is Rachael 12( hiding in the bush? ) I wish she had stayed there all season! I wish she had back doored the uglies( brenchel)

Well hiding in the bush did work. Lawon didn't notice she was still there!

Overall, a good episode (and I can't believe all of this has happened... the second elimination hasn't even happened yet!) Either way, the choices the veterans have to put up were good moves. Cutting Cassi or Dominic off means that their partner is now their slave because they both cut deals. Either they go with them or look to be put up after the golden key wears off. Dominic may be the ring leader but Cassi is basically heir to the throne and does as much as he does to stay in it. They are like King/Queen. The only difference between them and JJ/BR is that they don't step on each others toes for control.

Going back to Dominic and Cassie, I really think they should have been partners. They really rushed the partner thing and should have gave them a week or two to find out who they really wanted. The veterans have a HUGE unfair advantage in this area... the newbies are all basically paired with backstabbers, that sure is gonna help their game So far every newbie group is a disaster. It seems that they all chose people like them, not people who compliment them. That's why when the times get tough, they implode and copy each other behind the scenes.

I must be the only one immune to BR too. I as immune last season and I still am. Almost all of their shenanigans never phase me (except blowing out of proportion "bookey")... I just have no reaction to what they do. They don't annoy or infuriate me, even her laugh.

That's horrible what happened to their knees too. Don't they have people test these games!? Knee pads would be obvious if they did that.
    Last edited by Endit; 07-21-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Hmm methinks that part was edited, the way Lawson spoke about Brendon, and not seeing the R in the bush. I cannot believe how ugly I find her, not just outside, but inside as well.I just think she's an ugly person. I find her full of negative energy, that seems to permeate whoever she is around.I never cared for J&J, but I see this year what others have seen in them .Especially Jordan.

+ Reply to Thread