+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Your hopes for season 13...

Your hopes for season 13...

Hey... i know its a long way to go but... what are your hopes for season 13... will the call it 13? it might be bad luck... i hope for a new house they should remake the place the HOH room should be like a fish tank so they had a real out windows look down on the other rooms like a watchtower in a jail.. allso there should be better HG's the guys ran the hole game this year like it was a mod hit list... maybe have it so WE vote who leaves averyweek.. but HOH puts them on the block and theres still POV...
    ask me about nothing.

FORT Newbie

Re: Your hopes for season 13...

I like your ideas. Also, I would like to see REAL people and not just out of work models and bums. There are people that are older that would make good tv. There are sexy men and women over 30 who would add to the show. Maybe have scrambled sound so the HOH can listen into conversations and hear part of what is going on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by oz-girl;4055386;
    I like your ideas. Also, I would like to see REAL people and not just out of work models and bums. There are people that are older that would make good tv. There are sexy men and women over 30 who would add to the show. Maybe have scrambled sound so the HOH can listen into conversations and hear part of what is going on.
    Big Brother should do what Survivor is going to do. Survivor is going to have 10 contestants over 40, and 10 contestants 30 years old and under. I think that older houseguests would be more likely to think, and vote, independently.

How about something simple like a likeable cast? I don't think there was a person this season I liked at all.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

All of the above, a more diverse cast like back in the day.

I've thought for a while that Big Brother should do a do-over season where they get ALL of the houseguests back from a previous season and see how it plays out a second time around. Season 6 would be great to see re-done, especially seeing how the Friendship aliance now know how hated they were.

To be honest, I'm hoping for an entirely new production team to step in, and for Alison Grodner & Co. to step down. This show needs an overhaul badly. The fact that the housemates this season could predict almost every week's competition ahead of time was ridiculous. I'm hoping they steal more from the UK/European BB formats.

The show needs a change in tone -- it needs to be less cut-throat & serious, and more fun & social. The housemates need to be given a task almost every day, whether it's game-related or just for prizes or perks. No more spending half the week with absolutely nothing to do!

There should be a mini-highlights show every night on CBS, even if it's just a 15-minute wrap-up before or after Letterman. BBAD is okay, but it's troubling that CBS wants to keep so much of the house activity locked away from people without the feeds or Showtime. The edited shows no longer represent the same reality as watching the feeds or Showtime. Enzo is a perfect example: he gets a very generous edit for TV, whereas feed/Showtime watchers get a different picture of his behavior and character.

Julie Chen has been a good host for BB the way it has been, but they should really go after someone younger, hipper and more snarky to bring in younger viewers. They should also redo the house so that it looks like someplace people would actually want to stay. The UK show takes decor, show graphics, music and hosting in a much more forward/fun/hip direction. Our house looks cheap, as does the show in general.

US BB is drowning in all the alliances, backstabbing, and nearly-scripted drama. They need to lighten up and focus more on the social experiment aspect. For that to happen, they have to cast more real people, and fewer out-of-work actors and professional reality TV contestants. It's okay for 3 or 4 people to look hot in bikinis/speedos, but not nearly the entire cast. Season 10 was a good example of a good mix of old/young, hot/offbeat, nice/mean, and nobody was completely evil. You really don't need that to have a good season.

They also have to do something to work out a better licensing deal for the playing/singing of music. What's wrong with our copyright laws that it becomes so impossible to play music in a store, in a waiting room, or in the BB house?

The current formula for BB is at least 6 seasons old, and this season showed just how broken it is. They really need to go back to the drawing board.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

My hope is that they do not bring back any of the Brigade members at all, not to host a competition, not to be in Pandora's box, not to play OTEV ... I never want to see them again.

Let them eat cake! We need deprivation, real surprises, angst, suspense, shock?

FORT Fogey

Part of the problem is that it's not that interesting to watch people live... especially the houseguests with the most pleasant personalities, who last the longest. I watched the feeds for the last month of the first season. The three twenty-something houseguests spent their time chit-chatting and singing. It wasn't exciting. I never watched the feeds again. I don't think Hayden and Lane are any more interesting than the last threee houseguests from the first season. How about getting some outgoing, outspoken people who are good conversationalists? Soemeone such as Judge Judy would be an interesting houseguest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast