+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Your hopes for season 13...

Re: Your hopes for season 13...

I'm definitely with y'all about the food comps -- I always really enjoyed the ones about playing for specific items/food categories or food for different days of the week for the house. Mixing it up as not just being about have/have-nots and doing things that make the whole house play together for food can be more fun. Just keeping it different every week.

And more luxury comps! Make them work for things in the house, give them goals and new things to be excited about. I actually kinda miss America's Choice for things other than have/have not situations, since America's Choice-given luxuries tend to also freak out the HGs a little in regards to what America thinks of them, and it does make them excited when America decides they get that phone call from home.

Definitely a more diverse cast, but that's a given. Some of the more intriguing and likable characters in BB history weren't the typical casting.

I actually really like the 'give them games' idea mentioned earlier, but heck, even toss in some board games. Rotate in some card/board games every now and then to at least give them something to do. Nothing like a horrible fight erupting over Jenga or Apples to Apples.

And they really, really need to mix up the competitions. They're just too predictable. And I think even just surprising them with different formats -- a competition that extends throughout the day as a series of little things or mini-scavenger hunts for the veto, luxury comps sprung without any prior warning, ongoing hidden clues throughout the season in the house that can be shared with others or hidden by the finder...

I actually like the seasons with multiple alliances and layered groups and backstabbing because the groups that are all about the social game and the nicey-nice... well, they're kinda boring. You get groups like this season where everyone is so terrified to make the big move, to do ANYTHING useful to shake up the house, that it gets ridiculous. It's funny that this was the most BB-aware and educated house ever, yet they couldn't use that knowledge of past strategy to even see simple things under their noses. Divisions and alliances create better drama, like the Sov 6 v Nerd Herd where you had genuine stakes every week with the HOH and there was a real sense of tension for every competition. Not just everyone throwing it because they don't want to get their hands dirty. People in the house who know it's a competition and not just living in a hosue being social are what give us the classic moments, they give us convincing Marcellas not to use the veto, they give us Janelle's constant comp success, Dr Will's very awesome existence. I want to see people who are willing to win HOH and make the tough choices, whether smart or stupid.

"Someone's boring me. I think it's me." ~Dylan Thomas

Premium Member

the first person evicted from each season and one surprise guest

At this point my hopes for Season 13 are that I can resist the Summer TV boredom enough to NOT watch the show.
    The last season I watched was Evel Dick's. I loved that season. A cast of lunatics & self-important delusionals all losing their sanity right in front of our eyes. with the jury having to chose between the 2 people they hated most. It certainly wasn't boring.
    I hope next year I'm not tempted again. This year stunk in comparison.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fanatic

I watched this season and I can honestly say, everything about it needs to be changed. Had to be the most boring of shows in the history of tv.

1. Dont let them leave the HOH open when they leave the room. If the HoH isnt in there no one should be in the room. If the HoH leaves it unlocked then the Hoh loses the of the room.

2. no more 8x10 glossy conestants. Have real auditions.

3. Can Julie not host.

4. Maybe a real cross section of the USA?

Ah but i dream.
    cablejockey likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree that the HoH should be in the HoH room when anyone else is, but if you say no one can be there but the HoH either s/he will be completely isolated (bad for the HoH's game) or s/he won't be there either. S/he needs some place to "receive" supplicants and strategize. A big advantage of being HoH is not total privacy, but privacy to plot---and then of course everyone can see with whom you are plotting!
    Having Judge Judy personalities on would be tough---would you like to live with Judge Judy? (Assuming that in her down time she's like she is on her show, of course!) Living with Rachel was hard enough... if there were more than one Rachel in the house it would be constant screaming.
    I agree they should give them more to do. You can't count on the down time being filled by Dr. Will trying to seduce Janelle. Most of the time it is people working on their future melanomas or floating in the pool. Things like food and luxury comps where they work together are great.
    And I like some of the ideas for livening up the HoH/veto comps...especially if the "pawn" could become the HoH. Suddenly being the pawn might become really desirable, and risky. Maybe have that be true for SOME HoH's but not all....shift things around.
    And if they are going to have overweight contestants (has there EVER been an overweight female?) let's not forget the unitard option...would have loved to see Jerry or Chicken George in it! I agree, the older contestants have on average been far more interesting... but sadly most non-loser older people have jobs. Maybe the lousy economy will be a plus for BB!
    Great ideas, all! BB should pay FORT to plot their show!
    ETA Actually I think Julie is a good host for the show these days and getting better....even a tad snarky! She's definitely loosened up from her early Chenbot days....someone who just started watching BB would have no idea where that nickname came from!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4063761;
    I agree that the HoH should be in the HoH room when anyone else is, but if you say no one can be there but the HoH either s/he will be completely isolated (bad for the HoH's game) or s/he won't be there either. S/he needs some place to "receive" supplicants and strategize. A big advantage of being HoH is not total privacy, but privacy to plot---and then of course everyone can see with whom you are plotting! Having Judge Judy personalities on would be tough---would you like to live with Judge Judy? (Assuming that in her down time she's like she is on her show, of course!) Living with Rachel was hard enough... if there were more than one Rachel in the house it would be constant screaming. I agree they should give them more to do. You can't count on the down time being filled by Dr. Will trying to seduce Janelle. Most of the time it is people working on their future melanomas or floating in the pool. Things like food and luxury comps where they work together are great. And I like some of the ideas for livening up the HoH/veto comps...especially if the "pawn" could become the HoH. Suddenly being the pawn might become really desirable, and risky. Maybe have that be true for SOME HoH's but not all....shift things around. And if they are going to have overweight contestants (has there EVER been an overweight female?) let's not forget the unitard option...would have loved to see Jerry or Chicken George in it! I agree, the older contestants have on average been far more interesting... but sadly most non-loser older people have jobs. Maybe the lousy economy will be a plus for BB! Great ideas, all! BB should pay FORT to plot their show! ETA Actually I think Julie is a good host for the show these days and getting better....even a tad snarky! She's definitely loosened up from her early Chenbot days....someone who just started watching BB would have no idea where that nickname came from!
    Julie IS Big Brother. I would not want her replaced. Houseguests that are young, thin and mostly attractive are also Big Brother, but that should change. I think viewers want to see houseguests who are like them. Other reality shows, such as Amazing Race, Dancing With the Stars and Survivor have a variety of contestants... Big Brother should too. Big Brother should try something new and have houseguests who are representative of the viewers. They should have overweight houseguests and one or two Canadian houseguests. Also, most of the contestants on the current Apprentice have lost their jobs, so there are possibilites for older contestants. Older housewives could be on the show. They couldn't be in showmances, but showmances aren't interesting anyway. But, unfortunately, it's likely that the houseguests for future seasons will be exactly like the houseguests from past seasons. I thought Hayden and Lane were bland and boring. Rachel doesn't have social skills, but at least she made the show interesting. Houseguests who are outspoken, who like to debate without being offensive to others, would make the show interesting.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 09-18-2010 at 10:13 PM.

I want....

less scripted DR's. Its ridiculous. The DR should be a place where they can go to get away from the people that are driving them crazy, say whatever they want to say, use BB as a counselor, etc... except they come in and BB stops being BB and becomes CBS, instructs them what to say, handles "emotional situations" as a cash cow moment.. the DR's are pathetic.

less BB interference, less BB period. I would like to see less bubbles, knowing they are being talked to by "Mike" not BB. If you've ever watched BBUK, BB comes across the intercom and speaks as BB, as another presence.. like the wizard behind the curtain. What if at the beginning of the Wiz, Dorothy found out the Wiz was just a man, it would have ruined the movie, just like it does BB. Get back to basics, its about voyeurism and social interaction without contact from the outside world, and that includes "Mike".

more tasks... and not sissy boy crafts for grown men! stuff like the coin hunt, but not something that destroys the house. Again, take a clue from BBUK... (like they did with the robot thing) have them do themed stuff, other than during veto. I'd love to see the whole house walk around dressed as cowboy and indians for a week, talk about seeing some character traits come out.... don't do the banana suit stuff to one person, do it to everyone! make the food comps an all week event, like in BBUK. And don't be afraid to put the whole dang house on basic food. Rich Side and Poor Side only worked in BBUK3 (i think) when the house was divided with bars and they could only touch through the bars... that was genius.

more "real" houseguests. Someone who isn't a diabolical genius, someone who isn't looking for what they get after BB... just real people. Look for people like Chicken George, Janie, Kaysar, ED... people who aren't pathetic, quiet and needy, but funny and outgoing.

no more dna, twin, daddy and estranged daughter twists. As much as I liked Dick, Dani was a needy and horrible little girl. The twists suck. Just be natural, stay out of their way, let them play the game and let us watch.... let me stress that last part, LET US WATCH, ALL OF IT.

As an avid feed watcher, there were too many bubbles, too much downtime, too much interference, and not enough WATCHING. I want to see ALL of the HOH's. I want to see ALL of the veto's and other tasks. I want what is advertised, Live 24/7... and no embedded player, ie superpass webpage. I want it back in a standalone player. I most likely won't get the feeds next year until a few weeks in, until I know they aren't shutting us out again... BB seriously lost me this year.. maybe for good.
    cablejockey likes this.
    I fell off my pink cloud with a thud. ~ Elizabeth Taylor

FORT Fogey

To not have some alpha males think that because they are in an alliance that is what makes them win. The reason these male dominated alliances work is because women eat each other alive. The Brigade did nothing to earn their spot other than sit back and watch the women tear each other apart. Only other men were Andrew and Ragan, and they were not power players.

I want some women on the show that do more than attack each other, and let the men always waltz to the finale. Hayden is one heck of a lousy winner.
    cablejockey likes this.

Already, I am wondering what is going on now that the hgs are sealed into the house for a whole week before we see them! Can you imagine Survivor doing this? We drop into the camp already a hive of activity and scheming and hope we catch up? Thats what is going to happen on the 7th of July when we finally see everyone. There is so much that has already gone on that we will never know! Anyone remember the first few seasons when we saw them standing on the front porch--or in BB1 driven up in a limo and coming pout with a special BB suitcase! Then the mad scramble to the bedrooms. I know we will see the version they/ve cooked up for us, but its not the same! I hate this version where they are already in there and we see nothing til its been spliced and edited.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Already, I am wondering what is going on now that the hgs are sealed into the house for a whole week before we see them! Can you imagine Survivor doing this? We drop into the camp already a hive of activity and scheming and hope we catch up? Thats what is going to happen on the 7th of July when we finally see everyone. There is so much that has already gone on that we will never know! Anyone remember the first few seasons when we saw them standing on the front porch--or in BB1 driven up in a limo and coming pout with a special BB suitcase! Then the mad scramble to the bedrooms. I know we will see the version they/ve cooked up for us, but its not the same! I hate this version where they are already in there and we see nothing til its been spliced and edited.
    this is the norm, plus technically for this type of show (mostly prerecorded w/ some live) that is trying to create a storyline, they need to collect and manipulate footage

these folks need a brief time period to preadjust to these 'strangers' they'll be bunking with for the next __ weeks

all the initial footage is scripted anyways to some extent

one can always suplement w/ feeds; though i only watched some feeds during s6 & s8 ...personally i dont like to know whats gonna happen and i like to watch the edited version/storyline that most viewers see and then form opinions strictly on that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast