+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Your hopes for season 13...

Re: Your hopes for season 13...

Oceasnsands, I think most seasons everyone votes together, I hate that! I'd like a week where there's noms & then an evicition right then & there. Or maybe on a double eviction week, America can pick on of the people to go.

Maybe they should treat the house like a jail & teach everyone a trade! They all have to learn how to fix cars or something.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by susanr342;4055920;
    They should also have mandatory daily cleaning time...the house is disgusting this year! Also let them earn food choices or money to purchase food again. I don't think they had any comp where they had to earn food choices this year. Those comps were always fun, messy and people really played to win. Get rid of the Have not room and slop.

Also they need to find a way to stop people from throwing comps especially during the early HOHs. I think that is why they tried to do with the Have Nots this year. Maybe they need to get rid of the HOH right to nominate those for eviction and somehow tie the nominations to comps.

And start casting real people...young and old, thin and heavy, etc.
    I am SO with you on these three items - bring back PBJ and food comps every week! If they have one person per week on slop that's fine, a great punishment, or have it be the result of breaking any rules, old or new! BUT if you have slop, ENFORCE it!

How about if the person on the block who does NOT go home, automatically becomes the HOH the following week?? That would make it really interesting to see - do they want to be on the block? or not?? double edged sword to power. There wouldn't be any throwing of comps - but there could be an HOH like comp to earn a "disqualify a vote against in the eviction" they'd ALL want to win that one too (either for themselves or to save one of their friends).

FORT Fogey

Love the idea of HOH person only in the HOH - either all the time or only when HOH is there (this way it isolates the HOH a bit, not make it an all out party for everyone). The HOH could also then have something special aside from the viewing camera - let it have audio, or have the HOH secret power (audio, video, etc.) change each week so that the houseguests are on their toes about what the HOH can see and know!

they need to make the game where it's forces people to play the game

they need to make it where people would play more independently

they NEED to stop the central casting... i'm sick of the same people (clones) every damn season with different names

ok we get it... some frat boys, an older chick, an off-balance female or 2, a gay guy, a black guy/gal

if you really want to make it real, how bout putting random people in (i know Robin Kass doesn't think random people will be interesting..)

i will be horrified if they have the next group come in an run the same super alliance nonsense... (you already got Enzo thinking that they are the greatest players in BB history) and in reality they just don't know how bad this seasons cast is

Some of these are UK based and others are based on what I see. I do agree with most I've read here so I may repeat, but they're also my vote. 1. I don't mind a Have Not area, but keep it like the first go - metal room, freezing temps, etc. The room this year I didn't think was very sanitary with the bugs and apparently smells. 2. No slop - if you must keep a basic stock diet, do PB&J. If they insist on violating the rules of PB&J, then put them on slop for the rest of that week (i.e. make it a double whammy penalty.) 3. If people break the rules of the game - especially intentionally, make all of them pay a penalty. 4. DEFINITELY a diverse cast. Boring as things got sometimes that first season (they did try too hard to copy UK literally there), they were varied in ages. Season 10 - I believe the season Dan won and Renny and Jerry were there - is a good example of diverse cast. 5. I love the idea of finding coins and such to trade in for goods... but a twist, they MUST keep the place clean or they will have to return those coins/keys for the prizes and lose their chance at them for a week. 6. I hate saying it, but bring back the audience vote - the HOH can nominate, but we vote out people. That will avoid a lot of alliance issues. 7. Or in a twist to No. 6 here, have it where WE vote a third person in save the HOH. Well, there is one twist with the HOH possibly being nominated too - if he tells people who he's nominating. 8. The HOH cannot discuss who he/she is voting out - they can take suggestions but be noncommital on who they'd like to see voted out. I loved this on the UK - this season I think they had a pair of nominees automatically DQ'd from being nominated because either the HOH or someone else told them they were nominated. 9. To make it a social experiment - how about having it where the first week or two someone moves in when the original houseguest is voted out? They can't play for the full amount of the prize though only exception. It'd shake things up and make people play harder for the HOH instead of tossing it. 10. No cash prizes given out except for the top two. I would make ONE exception here though - a bribe to leave the game and then someone come in to the person's spot (again with adjusted prize if they win to fit the time in the house). Sure, it didn't work in the first season... HOWEVER, I think it could be tempting for present day houseguests. 11. Make them work definitely for the hot tub, pool, and now the washer and dryer. Also make them work for the alcohol and tobacco - it's been flowing too freely past couple of seasons. 12. More individual and group luxury comps. Too few now and they're given too much too quickly so there's no urgency to really compete. If they fail, they don't get them for three weeks. 13. Silly as it sounds - let them have the airplanes once in a while with the banners. CBS could create real/fake messages and send them over. Or even better, have some wannabes outside the house on spots that aren't the main studio and have them yelling and the like so the cast wonders if they can be replaced with those who really WANT to play and not have this a free summer from work. 14. On the other side to 13 though, no twists to the cast. No saboteur, no long lost relatives, etc. I did like the twin twist, but had I been in the house I'd noticed something was up. 15. Food comps where they have to think creatively for foods, i.e. alphabet games where one has to list all the foods they can think of with that letter and they get what they name. That way they have to think and they don't necessarily get alcohol or the like - or what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;4059948;
    Alliances are fine but put enough intelligent people in there to recognize what is happening.

The irony is that I think this is what the producers thought they were doing. Matt from Mensa (), Rachel a chemist, Brendon a scientist, Ragan a professor, Kathy a sheriff's deputy. Those aren't dumb professions. And yet they managed to be the most boring and stupid cast ever. I take that back, the winter season with Natalie and Matty had the stupidest cast ever.

It seems the more interesting casts were by default rather than design. You can bet BB never would have cast Nakomas and Cowboy if it weren't for the twist. And I really think they cast Janelle because of her looks, but she turned out to be one of the most intriguing characters on the show. They lucked out.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor;4061267;
    The irony is that I think this is what the producers thought they were doing. Matt from Mensa (), Rachel a chemist, Brendon a scientist, Ragan a professor, Kathy a sheriff's deputy. Those aren't dumb professions. And yet they managed to be the most boring and stupid cast ever. I take that back, the winter season with Natalie and Matty had the stupidest cast ever.

It seems the more interesting casts were by default rather than design. You can bet BB never would have cast Nakomas and Cowboy if it weren't for the twist. And I really think they cast Janelle because of her looks, but she turned out to be one of the most intriguing characters on the show. They lucked out.
    that 1 statement summed it up...

i don't really count that Nat/Matty season because that was something they threw together to *entertain* us during the winter. Producers i'm sure were worried about it being so bad that they told em to play up the outrageousness and be as disgusting as possible. One of BB best moments imo occured when Nat was gonna get evicted.

PBJ and food comps every week!

How about if the person on the block who does NOT go home, automatically becomes the HOH the following week?? That would make it really interesting to see - do they want to be on the block? or not?? double edged sword to power. There wouldn't be any throwing of comps - but there could be an HOH like comp to earn a "disqualify a vote against in the eviction" they'd ALL want to win that one too (either for themselves or to save one of their friends).
    I LOVE the hoh idea!!! and yes, please stop the have/have not stupidity!!! I like the comps for food!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-15-2010 at 05:26 PM.
    I am only as strong as the cocktails I drink,
    the hairspray I use, and the friends I have.

I think they definitely need to have jury questions prior to the finale day.
    I like to see the jury get a decent chance to grill the final two and to see the f2 disect every question and answer to see if they can tell who will vote for whom.

I think it's pointless to have the final three in the house for days with nothing to do.
    If you're going to have them all stay why not let the jury question them all?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Give the viewers one nomination and one vote every week. For example, HOH nominates two, then at the ceremony a third person is nominated by us and we vote for one of the three. Or let us chose the replacement nominee, if the veto is used.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast