+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 8/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4042019;
    Please please PLEASE put up Matt already! Even Rachel gave you the green light! I wanna see the brigade get hit!
    If Matt goes up (well he just went up) Kathy is going home. They are not getting hit this week.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;4042026;
    If Matt goes up (well he just went up) Kathy is going home. They are not getting hit this week.
    Yeah I figure. But part of me hopes that Breden is dumb enough to not put her up. He talks about people not fighting and I just hope that zingbot's comment lingers in his mind. How the hell can the whole house just ignore him? He's just like Kathy!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4042035;
    Yeah I figure. But part of me hopes that Breden is dumb enough to not put her up. He talks about people not fighting and I just hope that zingbot's comment lingers in his mind. How the hell can the whole house just ignore him? He's just like Kathy!
    I am pretty sure that Matt gets to pick the replacement. That is why I laughed when Brenden was like WOOHOO I am HOH when really Matt had the power all along.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;4042038;
    I am pretty sure that Matt gets to pick the replacement. That is why I laughed when Brenden was like WOOHOO I am HOH when really Matt had the power all along.
    Oh right. Thought Brenden had to choose again. Oh well. Bye Kathy. Nice knowing you.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4042043;
    Oh right. Thought Brenden had to choose again. Oh well. Bye Kathy. Nice knowing you.
    Kathy's not caring enough in competitions is what shall send her home. XD She needed the Veto almost as bad as Regan.

FORT Fogey

I suspect Ragan felt so free to take Rachel on because a)he had the veto and knew not even Brendon could vote to evict him this week b)Rachel has no real power in the game anymore c)other than Brendon, no one was really going to care what he said to her and d)he knew that if he made it to the final two, it was highly unlikely either Rachel or Brendon would vote for him, and it wasn't really going to cost him votes with anyone else if he did go after her; in fact, it might have made an impression on some other potential voters.

That being said, I can't say I was unhappy to see him take her on, since she went out of her way to ask for it. The whole argument also pointed out that she really doesn't think very fast on her feet, which might explain why she was figuring out quips ahead of time that she thought might get her airtime. As for her "I have a degree in chemistry!" remark...please, girl. Don't an awful lot of BB contestants have degrees in something? Heck, Ragan has a Phd in Communications, so I'm sure he wasn't overly impressed. But aside from that, just this season alone, we know for sure that Brendon, Ragan, and Andrew had degrees, and probably some of the others do and just haven't mentioned it. Actually, the only two who really have made a big deal of their degrees are Brendon and Rachel. Speaking of which, Brendon is the walking definition of lovesick. Ragan may have had ulterior motives, but he was being very logical when he told Brendon that he'll go further in the game if people see him playing less for Rachel and more for himself. So what does he do? As per usual, he does exactly what Rachel tells him to do. There's something particularly sweet about the fact that by doing so, he inadvertently blew all the power he had. Matt will undoubtedly take himself off the block and replace himself with whomever he pleases. I'm only sorry he can't replace himself with Brendon.

By the way, does anyone else think it's likely that the mansion Brendon was whisked away too was merely the jury house, since it would have been empty, as Rachel was back in the BB house.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo;4041973;
    I can't wait until Rachel and Brendon find out that they are not the only academics! When they find out that Ragan is a Ph.D!
    Degrees in physics or chemistry are much more impressive than degrees in communications.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4042205;
    Degrees in physics or chemistry are much more impressive than degrees in communications.
    Well, they are to physicists and chemists, anyway...I would say it's all relative.

Besides, Rachel and Brendon aren't furthering their careers in their (allegedly) chosen fields at the moment. He's a swim coach and she's a cocktail waitress. At least Ragan is working in his chosen field.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4042219;
    Well, they are to physicists and chemists, anyway...I would say it's all relative. Besides, Rachel and Brendon aren't furthering their careers in their (allegedly) chosen fields at the moment. He's a swim coach and she's a cocktail waitress. At least Ragan is working in his chosen field.
    If Rachel and Brendon never did anything with their degrees, I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe they went to college because of parental pressure. If Rachel and Brendon chose their majors to maybe please their parents, it woud be natural to choose "careers" that don't have anything to do with their degrees.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 08-19-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Ugh, Rachel is right about Reagan, that queen is not only the biggest bitch in the house, but probably the whole universe as well! What a nasty hateful little creature!

Coming off all high and mighty about how he knows how to treat people with dignity and respect and yet he lowered himself down to and far below her level with some of the vilest personal insults! What a hypocrite, he definitely proved he knows how to wallow in the mud just as well!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast