+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "The Greatest Player Never To Win This Game."

"The Greatest Player Never To Win This Game."

Global Reality channel just aired the full season (well apart from the NPH Christmas in August episode ) of BB All Stars this weekend, in which Danielle was dubbed the best player to never win the game.

Do you agree, or would you give that title to someone else?

I do think Danielle played a great game and her ultimate undoing was the pettiness of the jury that took exception to her diary room confessionals, but she knew they would see them and would have been wise to temper her venom.

I think her alliance partner Jason is very underrated and should be in contention for the title.
    Although his alliance with Danielle might have cost him a vote or two from those same petty jurors, I think he could have beaten anyone he was in the final two with that season.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-03-2010 at 05:04 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: "The Greatest Player Never To Win This Game."

I agree with Danielle being given that title! Janelle is up there, too... I'm sure many people will support that.
    Can't forget that Nakomis was the one who "invented" the whole backdoor thing. I think she was very under-rated.
    The past 4 or 5 seasons I've been very underwhelmed with the gameplay.

I've seen it said that Marvin originally came up with the Six-Finger Plan, but as Nakomis was HoH she put the plan into action.
    I don't recall it events being presented that way on the show and as I never get the feeds I don't know if it's true that is was Marvin's original plan or not.
    Still, a very good move that I'm quite sure was the reason behind random POV player picks.
    I think most people also suspect that Dani losing the jury vote was the reason jury members began to be sequestered.
    If your actions expose a flaw in the game that requires a rule change then I think broadly speaking that can be deemed good game play.

I agree about Janelle too, although her social game wasn't great in season 6, not that I blame her having to put up with the Nerd Herd and their adoration of Cappy.
    In All-Stars she managed to get to final three with a huge target on her back from day one, thanks to the alliances she built and her skill in competitions.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I am feeling my age. Names are familiar but I couldn't pull many details out. Was Jason the cute bible reading boy?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Nakomis came up with the idea and was the first to mention it on the live feed, but Marvin was the first to mention it on an aired CBS show. That's where the confusion comes in. Thankfully, Nakomis is often given her deserved credit.

Danielle would be my choice, but she had one too many fatal flaws in her endgame. No, I'm not talking about her OTT confessionals, as her fellow contestants never should have seen those. But at the F4, she and Jason had full control over who would go home between Amy and Lisa. They chose to keep Lisa. Uh, what!? Did they really decide to eliminate the contestant who was brought back into the game? If Amy had made the F2, the fact that she was already eliminated probably would have soured the jury's taste.

Additionally, Danielle wanted to go against Jason in the F2. That was very noble of her to want to stick it through with her ally, but c'mon, she was never going to win against the likable Jason.

But Danielle played a kick-ass game, and those endgame flaws aside, she still should have won over Lisa.

As for Janelle, she's not that great of a player. Physically, yes. Socially, no. I would still put her in my Top10 just for her ability to make the F3 twice, but let's be honest, she's no Dr. Will or Danielle. I would have loved to have seen her win though, both seasons she was in.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

I'd have to agree with Danielle. I'd give an honorable mention to James Rhine too.
    Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I vote for Marcellus! Kidding, kididng.

I really think Janelle is the greatest player to never win the game, competitor-wise. That girl won the POV every single time she needed to and was a competition machine.

James Rhine was okay as a schemer. He was a bit of a snake.
    Wake up and be awesome

+ Reply to Thread