+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 7/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sismith;4004487;
    All mensa member means is he was stupid enough to pay money to be a member so he can prove he is smart
    Peekaboo...I see you!

Good luck if Brendan or Rachel win HOH.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Endit;4004454;]I think Lane was getting turned on roleplaying. Britney just liked being a teese. However, to add further fuel to my Lane argument... he used to roleplay with horses and cows? WHAT!? Imaging what they said? I can't imagine anything.

He mentioned that he's done rodeo earlier. In that case, it might actually make sense to wonder what cows or horses might be thinking (or saying, if they could speak) in order to anticipate what they might do next.

But then, when I was a child, my father used to entertain me by making up dialogue for the animals featured in Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom series, so maybe it just seems less unlikely to me to imagine such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4004465;
    I'm glad the baby food is kosher; if slop isn't kosher, then they really have an obligation to provide some kind of kosher option for Andrew when he's a have not, as they knew he kept kosher when they cast him.
    He could be lying to try and get out of it or get sympathy.

I mean isn't slop just porridge (which probably means oats)? Which, I believe is usually Kosher, unless its the Passover holiday.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4004561;
    I mean isn't slop just porridge (which probably means oats)? Which, I believe is usually Kosher, unless its the Passover holiday.
    I believe the "official" term I read once was "nutrionally fortified porridge". It's got a bunch of protein and iron and other such nutrient additives. I don't know what's in there that wouldn't be kosher.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4004561;
    He could be lying to try and get out of it or get sympathy.

I suppose they could all be lying about anything, for that matter, but if the show thinks he is keeping kosher, they should try and meet his dietary restrictions.

Also, I'm not Jewish, much less kosher, but if someone keeps kosher, doesn't it have to do with food preparation as well as ingredients? If so, maybe his concern is that slop isn't prepared according to kosher standards. Of course, no one on slop is actually required to eat any of it, and it wouldn't surprise me if people stuck more to the America's Choice option and whatever they're allowed in terms of pantry items.

Here's the ingredient list for slop:

Natural oats, proprietary blend of whey protein concentrate, soy protein isolate, wheat protein isolate, milk protein isolate, natural and artificial flavors, vitamins and minerals (vitamin A palmitate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, cyanocobalamin, vitamin D3, alpha tocopherol, niacin, biotin, pantothenic acid, calcium carbonate, magnesium oxide, zinc oxide, copper gluconate, manganese sulfate, ferrous sulfate, folic acid, potassium iodide), cellulose gum, salt and acesulfame potassium.

My guess is that this stuff is not kosher because processed foods must be prepared in the presence of a rabbi (ie. kosher dills).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Chemistry degree? Really? I haven't checked, but it seems unlikely Rachel has any schoolin' at all - unless she's a better actress than she appears.

Is the showmance between Rachel and Brenden real? Seems like it might be a diversion of some kind.

Does Matthew really just happen to wander into the room when the two of them are slobering all over each other?

I hate this show almost as much as I love it!!! Gah!!!

Processed foods need to be verified by a Rabbi to be certified Kosher.

Judaism 101: Kashrut: Jewish Dietary Laws

The process of certification does not involve "blessing" the food; rather, it involves examining the ingredients used to make the food, examining the process by which the food is prepared, and periodically inspecting the processing facilities to make sure that kosher standards are maintained
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Before the show started, I looked up who won the HOH competition and who was nominated for eviction. I was disappointed that Matt won the HOH competition because I think he's annoying. When he told Andrew about his wife's supposed health condition, he had an amused look on his face. Plus, he nominated Kathy and Andrew, which isn't dramatic, so I decided not to watch this episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast