Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 7/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3999487;
    I agree. The choices were disgusting. I personally chose Prunes and Pâté. I had no idea what Pate was until I read about it. "ground meat and fat minced into a spreadable paste" I had this idea where they'd eat the prunes and go 24/7 or all get really grossed out by the pâté and starve.
    Paté is in no way gross - it is delectable and one of my annual holiday treats, along with a wheel of brie, water biscuits to spread all the yumminess one, escargots if they're available, and mushroom puffs. To anyone unfamiliar with paté, the nearest Walmart thing I can liken it to is liverwurst.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat;3998432;
    People keep talking about Hayden yelling in the DR... but the only one I hear yelling outg everything she says in the DR is Rachel. omg I cannot handle her grating voice!!
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who's going nuts with how loud she talks in the DR.
    It's almost like those not too bright people who seem to think if they talk louder around people who don't speak the same language as they do, they'll miraculously understand them!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm sorry that they've voted out the only person of color on this program.
    Not saying Monet was perfect by any means, though.
    Not sure that I'd ever want to go to a class taught by Ragan. His comment was offensive, IMO.
    How do they mange to find houseguests who come off as 1 dimensional stereotypes on this show, anyway.
    And, am I only one who really cannot stomach Matt?
    Yikes, he actually makes Ronnie from last year seem totally appealing!!
    Last edited by norealityhere; 07-23-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Monet cries too damn much...

& Matt is a joke, i can't stand when these nerds come in thinking they are smarter than everyone else and has everything figured out

Matt common sense wise is barely smarter than Andrew

Matt will be the first that the "Brigade" turns on when it's time to chop off more hg's

if anything, i'm kinda glad that koolaid called the House meeting... i was entertained by it
    Last edited by Dogg; 07-23-2010 at 04:03 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3999904;
    Paté is in no way gross - it is delectable and one of my annual holiday treats, along with a wheel of brie, water biscuits to spread all the yumminess one, escargots if they're available, and mushroom puffs. To anyone unfamiliar with paté, the nearest Walmart thing I can liken it to is liverwurst.
    Yum! Can I come over next holiday? I agree, pate (where do you find an accent mark?) is delicious, although combined with prunes I see a bathroom disaster...it's very rich. I've seen a lot of people not even try it though, so some folks will miss out on that meat protein and the fat calories.
    If they have a variety of baby food that could be good. They could fry up slop crackers for some texture and serve it that way. And bok choy can be cooked many differerent ways--they have spices, right? Definitely the most wholesome choice!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4000311;
    ...(where do you find an accent mark?) ...
    Press the ALT key and type 0233 on the number pad - doesn't work if your laptop doesn't have a number pad unfortunately. 0232 give you č, and there are a bunch more in there that you can find if you fiddle around.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4000506;
    Press the ALT key and type 0233 on the number pad - doesn't work if your laptop doesn't have a number pad unfortunately. 0232 give you č, and there are a bunch more in there that you can find if you fiddle around.
    é

Brilliant.
    Thank you, Rattus.
    I pressed ALT and 0233.
    Does it work with 0232, also, or was that a typo?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4000537;
    é

brilliant.
    Thank you, rattus.
    I pressed alt and 0233.
    Does it work with 0232, also, or was that a typo?
    alt 0233 = é / alt 0232 = č

Why did Ragan called Monet "beautiful and kind" as he was voting her out, and Andrew told her she was "a great person" as she left the house? She is the ugliest, meanest, and also dullest person in recent memory on these shows. When she wasn't calling Rachel "stupid" (how ironic, given how stupid Monet is!), she was calling her a bitch, hooker, and stripper. But mostly all she could say was how she wanted to hit, punch, kick, or otherwise physically threaten her. Thank God she is gone, and good riddance! Monet and Britney were two virulent peas in a hater pod, but at least Britney has some brains and can articulate some real zingers. If she can get rid of her awful defensiveness, she might have something to offer the world, but Monet is just a waste of space.

I am still wondering if Kathy is Britney's mother. That would explain why she voted with Britney to keep the loathsome Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3999904;
    I know some people wouldn't want to eat the Paté, particularly fois gras, for moral reasons, not unlike people's aversion to veal. When some foods are produced in an inhumane (as some see it) manner, they will not eat it. Fois gras is produced by a nasty way of force feeding geese and a lot of veal is made from baby cows that are kept in a very small crate-like thing all their short lives, unable to walk, roam, etc. Kind of like how some of the awful practices of poultry farmers with chickens.
    I'm not making judgements here because I'm a strong believer in freedom of choice and I'm pretty sure these things taste wonderful or they wouldn't be a delicacy. I'm just saying that Paté may not have been a good choice for different reasons.

Closed Thread