Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 7/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sonii82;3998603;
    They needed to bring their raincoats for this one. No one did this wont last long. That is going to get cold real quick
    I don't think the cold is what they need to worry about.

The incline of that board + that water is just begging for some nasty slips.

Interesting twist on hoh.
    Endurance comp, standing on raised half surfboards protruding from a wall. Boards are lengthening and shortening and are on a downward angle, they're also being pelted with water.
    First five to drop out will be "haves" along with Rachel.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Rachel print this out and put somewhere safe.

Remedial Grammar

Consider the following sentence: You and I should have lunch.

Is the correct form of this sentence You and I ... or You and me ...? This is a common source of confusion in English.

Fortunately, there's an easy way to decide whether to use I or me in such sentences. All you have to do is drop the word you then try the sentence with I and me one at a time. For example:

I should have lunch.
    Me should have lunch.
    Clearly the preferred form in this case is I; thus, the original sentence was correct to use you and I.

Here's another example: He'll blame you and I. Drop the word you then try the sentence with I and me one at a time, like so:

He'll blame I.
    He'll blame me.
    You can see that the second of these is correct. This means that the original sentence should have been: He'll blame you and me.

Easy.

On a related note, when using phrases such as you and me, you and I or them and us, it has traditionally been considered courteous to place the reference to yourself last. For example, we prefer:

He'll ask you and me later.
    over:

He'll ask me and you later.

between you and me
    Between you and me is acceptable in standard English; between you and I isn't. This is because between is a preposition, and pronouns that come after prepositions are in the accusative case (here, me), not the nominative case (not I).

The same applies to a pair of pronouns that is the object of a verb: They've invited you and me to dinner is acceptable, They've invited you and I to dinner isn't.

The reason why expressions like between you and I have become so common is that people are aware that the accustive case is not correct for the subject of a verb ( You and I have been invited is acceptable; You and me have been invited is not), so they make the mistake of thinking it is not correct anywhere, and always use the nominative case.

If you are in any doubt, try leaving out the first pronoun of the pair. That will show you what case the second one should be: between I and they've invited I are clearly ungrammatical.
    Peekaboo...I see you!

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan25;3998604;
    endurance.....this smells of a brigader winning it.
    I thinks so too. If it had hanging I would have favored Brit because she is so small. But since it is water I think she will get cold real quick and have to drop out.
    But Brit is really mad and we have seen what that can do. That may drive her to hang on no matter what. So I may be wrong and she may hang in there to get her revenge on Rachel.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3998591;
    Is it mean of me to want him to dump her, preferably in a humiliating way?
    That would be perfect!!

This may be tricky. Wind water moving boaards easy to slip.

What is going to happen when they have another luxury competition? No one will participate for fear of being voted out? Rachel voted Monet out for other reasons, and I can't believe that Dr. Andrew had to twist the knife. Man, I wish that Brenden was not in this showmance because he seems like the only likeable person in there. Kathy is cool too!
    Peekaboo...I see you!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3998591;
    Is it mean of me to want him to dump her, preferably in a humiliating way?

Yeah, like if/when she get's the boot, he can give her the pink slip in his goodbye message to her! I'm so bad this season!
    Peekaboo...I see you!

I loved the choices this week for the have nots - though I have to admit even the baby food would be OK. It's improved in the past few years. The only way this would be torture is if they are given foods that normally are seen as to adults, such as beets, carrots and a couple of others.

(BTW, since I know someone is going to ask - I've had a little one decide to shove baby food in my mouth one day, and I have to admit, it wasn't too bad. It was those Gerber graduates. I thought they'd have these fake flavors but were surprisingly good... maybe too good.)

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3999225;
    I loved the choices this week for the have nots - though I have to admit even the baby food would be OK. It's improved in the past few years. The only way this would be torture is if they are given foods that normally are seen as to adults, such as beets, carrots and a couple of others.

(BTW, since I know someone is going to ask - I've had a little one decide to shove baby food in my mouth one day, and I have to admit, it wasn't too bad. It was those Gerber graduates. I thought they'd have these fake flavors but were surprisingly good... maybe too good.)
    I agree. The choices were disgusting. I personally chose Prunes and Pâté. I had no idea what Pate was until I read about it. "ground meat and fat minced into a spreadable paste" I had this idea where they'd eat the prunes and go 24/7 or all get really grossed out by the pâté and starve.

Closed Thread