+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HOH Blog/Twitter/Photos

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

HOH Blog/Twitter/Photos

Hayden's blog and photos are posted on the CBS site!

From what he wrote, the Brigade is still his #1 alliance. He says he has formed a "sub-alliance" with Kristen and that he's starting to trust her, and that of all the houseguests, he gets the worst vibes from Britney.
    Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

BB12 Tweets

HOH tweet from Hayden last night:

Big Brother HOH
    Whats up America! This is Hayden from BB, this house is nuts! We have it all drama, love, anger, lies, and we are just gettin started! about 12 hours ago

(weird - usually the HOH sends out multiple tweets but I only got this one)
    Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide

Re: HOH Blog/Twitter/Photos

Whew. Finally found this topic!
    Irish, thanks for telling us elsewhere that Rachel's blog is up. It's fun to read except for all the caps, abbreviations,
    and the preoccupation with her maaaaaan! It's interesting to look at each person's photos to see who is
    in them and how they pose.

Matt's HoH Blog and Photos are up at CBS.com: Big Brother HoH Tweets - CBS.com
    HoH Blog Post #3: Matt

July 28, 2010

Hello America! It's your favorite guilty pleasure...the one you hate to love...the "brains" of The Brigade...the diabolical super-genius...Matt!!!

Having the opportunity to write this blog to you all is actually one of the aspects of HoH that I've been looking forward to the most. Here I can tell you all my deepest darkest thoughts about all my fellow houseguests.

I should start by saying that I really do genuinely care for everyone in this house on a personal level. On a game level, however, it's anything-goes and no one's emotions are safe. But personally...I love them all. I'm quite confident that after getting home and watching this season, I will have lost the friendships of at least half of this house. But the remainder that choose to forgive my deplorable game-character and see me for what I truly am (the greatest Big Brother player in the history of the game...yeah, I said it), I will be close to for years to come.

As a crazy super-fan of the show myself, I've always found Big Brother to be not just an entertaining show on a surface level, but also a fascinating social experiment. Being a part of it all makes me realize this even more. Never in my normal life would I end up befriending a meat-head jock (who would have most certainly logged many hours kicking my ass in high school), nor in my normal life would a Vegas bikini cocktail waitress ever give me the time of day. This meshing of subcultures is extraordinarily awesome, and for that I am insanely grateful to even be allowed to have this experience.

Okay, okay - enough with the sappy love-fest. I know...you want the dirt.

So, as you are aware, my nominations did not exactly go as originally planned this week. Not to worry, America! The diabolical super-genius is fast at work rectifying the situation! It's great to watch Andrew go completely mental, and in hindsight I think this is all going to work out BETTER for me than if the plan to backdoor Brendan went through as it was originally supposed to. At this point in time I feel completely safe next week, and I think the house still thinks I'm a total nitwit. Perfect on all accounts!

One thing I'm finding odd being here is how excited people get at the prospect of making it to the jury house. I've been hearing this since Day 1 in the house, but even more so now that there's only one or two evictions left until that happens. I just don't get it. That seems like such a loser mindset to me. If I'm not going to win anyway, then I'd rather just be sent home early so that I can get back to my normal life. For me, once the jury house starts getting populated there's absolutely no options other than to win this game. There's no way I'm going to be happy "just going to the jury house"! What kind of dopey accomplishment is that?!? Who brags to their friends about being a loser??? My housemates boggle my mind sometimes.

Speaking of my family, I guess now is a good time to give my personal shout-outs. First off, to my wife Stacy...WOW! - what a helluva HoH basket!!! In case you missed all of the awesomeness at home, America - here's just some of what my wife hooked me up with:

1. Enough of my favorite candies to last me literally the entire season 2. A zombie squirrel. 3. Her actual blanket that she sleeps with at home, so it still smells like her. 4. A shot glass from our wedding. 5. A pirate skull-and-crossbones flag. 6. Sliders!

However, the greatest part of the package was the letter from home. Stacy - you couldn't have written a more perfect note! I honestly read it every day. Literally the only major weight hanging over my head since I've been here is if you were super pissed with the lie about your fake disease. Although I told you before I left that I'd do anything outside of infidelity to win this game, I was thoroughly concerned that you were disgusted with my game play, and I fully expected to have divorce papers waiting for me in my HoH basket. When I read that letter saying how proud of me you were and how supportive you are of the way I'm playing the game and being true to myself, it gave me a newfound energy and vigor to win this thing! I also love how, in the span of one or two sentences, you could both feed my ego and then shoot me down again with a little jab. It was both flattering and humbling, and that's exactly what I need to hear right now. Thank you SO much again...I love you dearly and cannot wait to get back home to see you!

I'd like to also say hello to mom and dad! As Stacy said - I've basically been myself (hand down the pants and all), so hopefully I haven't caused you too much shame or embarrassment in your personal lives. But, then again, you created this monster - heheh. I love and miss you both very much as well. Please keep taking care of the little lady for me. I'm wondering if this paragraph was a waste to type, since you usually need me to show you how to work your computer. I'm guessing you'll never see this. Either way, the sentiment is there.

That ends yet another sappy break. Back to some Big Brother entertainment for you super-fans...

Let's talk about The Brigade, shall we. I believe that 70% of this game is skill, 25% is luck, and the last 5% is fate. I don't have much luck in my day-to-day life, so I was banking on a 75% chance of being the odds-on favorite this season to win. Thankfully, that little 5% of fate got sprinkled on me Day 1 as I fell into The Brigade. I truly believe that there has never been a greater alliance in Big Brother history. As I type this, there's not a single person in the house that suspects us in the least of having a four-person alliance. The beauty of The Brigade is that we all have our little "side-alliances". So as long as the main four-person Brigade remains under-wraps, then if any Brigade member gets put on the block they will more than likely be put up with their side-alliance member and not against another one of the Brigade members. It really is a brilliant operation. Hopefully Hayden can keep his focus on The Brigade instead of Kristen. They're making themselves more and more suspicious by the day of being the "secret friends", so he needs to be careful of that. The Brigade needs to be all four of our number-one priorities, and I'm thinking that Hayden may be losing focus.

The side-alliances are a good segue into talking about my personal side-alliance, Ragan. Ragan is definitely one-of-a-kind. Stacy loves gay men, and before I left for the show she told me to be sure to make friends with "the gay guy" in the house. I told her I didn't want to because they typically just hang out with all girls so that is horrible strategy to get involved with. Well, it turns out that (much to the delight of my wife, I'm guessing) "the gay guy" has inadvertently become my absolute closest friend in the house. He's really the only person that I feel any guilt about in regards to the lie about Stacy or even the lies that involve The Brigade. I know that he thinks we'd have each other's backs through to the Final Two, so it's unfortunate that I have to play him the way that I am. I hope that he can watch the show and understand that I'm just being a great game player and that it's nothing personal. But any connection you see between Ragan and myself is entirely genuine, and I can't really say that about anyone else at this point in the game. I'm going to keep him here as long as I can without outing The Brigade because he's a friend that I want to make sure that I have outside of this house for a very long time. We'll see what happens!

In regards to lies, I should address the major one surrounding my game play. Allow the following few paragraphs to clear the air for the large number of people who undoubtedly think I will be burning a slow eternity in hell for the lie I'm telling about my wife. In case you're not in on it already, I've been spreading around the house that my wife has a degenerative bone disease called Melarheotosis (which I have probably...no, definitely...just misspelled). I've been telling people that I don't really ever watch Big Brother (haha), but that Stacy is a huge fan and has convinced me to go on the show in order to win money to get her the necessary surgery that she needs to save her leg from being amputated. Furthermore, this fictitious surgery is not covered by insurance and will cost insane amounts of money to fund...

...Look, America - to win big, you have to play big. The reason that this story is so believable is because no one would be sick enough to lie about something like this. No one until me, that is. But that's what makes it the perfect way to garnish the sympathy I need! I only need four jury votes to win the $500,000, and I've already had three people tell me in confidence that they would not only vote for me, but that (because of my wife's "condition") they would even suggest to the jury that I should get the money if they were in the Final Two up against me!!! Haha - brilliant!...

Even though Stacy has a clean bill of health, this disease is something real. I heard about it on TV a year or two ago on some medical program. The facts I've been spewing about it are half real (from my memory of the show) and half completely fabricated. Either way, if I win this half-million then I definitely have this disease to thank (in part) for my victory. That being said, if I win the $500,000 I will absolutely be making a sizable donation to the research foundation for Melarheotosis. That's not something I'm doing only in an effort to clear my conscience (although I'm sure it'll help), but more as just a genuine feeling of both gratitude and sympathy for anyone suffering from the condition.

See...I'm not so evil after all! ;-)

Well, everyone - time is winding down here. I hope this has been a little bit interesting for you. If you've made it this far, then words cannot even begin to express my amazement at the time you'd invest in me. It's insane to me to think that anyone would even slightly care what I have to say or think (especially when I've rambled this much). So, to all of you reading this far...THANK YOU! Your support and encouragement is unbelievable, and it gets me choked-up to even think about. If any of you see me out in public when this is over, please do not hesitate to stop by and say hello. Unless you don't like me and want to punch me in the face...then please just leave me alone.

America - I love you! Stacy - I love you more! A thousand thank-yous again to everybody. You are all amazing!

See you on the other side,
    --Matt
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Ok, THAT was a GREAT HoH blog!!! And has me loving him more then ever!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

At this point in time I feel completely safe next week, and I think the house still thinks I'm a total nitwit. Perfect on all accounts!
    I hope he's right about that. He and Ragan are my two favorites. Too bad Ragan wasn't brought into the Brigade fold...

One of the better HoH blogs I've read!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread