+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you disappointed with BB12's lack of diversity?

FORT Newbie

Are you disappointed with BB12's lack of diversity?

12 white faces and a mix girl who could pass for white. All of the group seem to be in the same mold in personality. Looks like whoever casts the Hills is now casting Big Brother. This was the first time I watched Big Brother and was completely bored by the individuals. Very disappointing to wait a year and this is the best they could come up with.

FORT Fogey

Re: Are you disappointed with BB12's lack of diversity?

I don't see this as just 12 white faces. I think there is some diversity within the group. Not all white people are the same. Having said that, this year is disappointing from a diversity perspective. I thought last year's group was really diverse in comparison. When you look at the cast, this is the least diverse. There aren't really any ugly people (like Ronnie). Kathy is "old" but she is really just as hot as the rest of them.

I am disappointed by the lack of diversity this season.
    Of course there is some diversity in occupation, geography and religion, but there is very little racial diversity this time.
    "That's Numberwang!"

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion PIMguy's Avatar

I think Big Brother would get really interesting if they had a majority of non-white players, with just 2 or 3 white players. That probably wouldn't appeal to middle-America but I think it would be a very interesting show to watch. The biggest problem with the casting after the first season or two is that the majority of players are wanna-be actors/models. I'd like to see more diversity in the realm of real people vs. fake people.

LG.

I loved it when Survivor had the 25% "white" season with equal tribes representing Hispanics, Asians, and African Americans - just because it was so much more diverse than regular reality tv shows. This season is particularly lame in their lack of diversity.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

To my hubby's chagrin... Addict4Reality's Avatar

I am absolutely disappointed with this year's cast. Both from a diversity standpoint and also from an age range standpoint. To think that Kathy is the only one who is "old" (at the ripe young age of 40) is pathetic. Evil Dick, Chick George and others in past seasons have given us some of our most interesting watching and and story lines.....and to think that only one 40 year old could be cast or was targeted to be cast is really sad. :nono

I for one am in an older age range and while I enjoy the eye candy, something is to be said about experience of life being a key factor in the success of winning!
    Everybody plays football....Ohio State just does it better!

as opposed to other seasons? There are usually "token" homosexuals, people of color, older person, trash v posh, tattooed v too scared to get a tat, etc.. I don't see it as any different than other seasons.
    I fell off my pink cloud with a thud. ~ Elizabeth Taylor

Renny is still my favorite "older" player. I will never forget her "its locked" Marge simpson moment

i liked last seasons cast alot more.. so far i dont realy feel anything for the cast besides likeing seeing them make out...

I think this sounds like an interesting season. But I agree, I like the older players in the past. I loved Chicken George, Renny and Evil Dick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast