+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Are you disappointed with BB12's lack of diversity?

Re: Are you disappointed with BB12's lack of diversity?

Of course the 4 alpha males would form an alliance. That's why Enzo and Lane have been able to float by without getting voted off the first week. Once it comes down to final four they'll be out.

Although I must add, Lane and Enzo are a LOT smarter than they let on...

I dunno if they can go up against Matt though...

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;4011422;
    I believe that would be BB1.
    1-4 at least.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tmansback;3974297;
    12 white faces and a mix girl who could pass for white. All of the group seem to be in the same mold in personality. Looks like whoever casts the Hills is now casting Big Brother. This was the first time I watched Big Brother and was completely bored by the individuals. Very disappointing to wait a year and this is the best they could come up with.
    I haven't watched much of BB in a while, but BB's "racial diversity" is actually a lot closer to the diversity of the US as a whole than most these other reality TV shows. It is between 70% & 80% white after all (depending on how you choose to classify some "mixed race" hispanics). I've seen Survivor seasons w/ 40% or more minorities (and ppl still complain there aren't enough, wtf?)... there is a common theme though - most of these shows have too many blacks and not enough hispanics... if you want to break it right down to the %'s. MasterChef is, what, about 50% minorities? But it's because they were the best cooks, right?

The "age discrimination" is a lot more apparent to me... but I guess watching a bunch of >40 wouldn't make for great TV.
    Last edited by Darkhosis; 08-21-2010 at 08:38 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhosis;4044496;
    I haven't watched much of BB in a while, but BB's "racial diversity" is actually a lot closer to the diversity of the US as a whole than most these other reality TV shows. It is between 70% & 80% white after all (depending on how you choose to classify some "mixed race" hispanics). I've seen Survivor seasons w/ 40% or more minorities (and ppl still complain there aren't enough, wtf?)... there is a common theme though - most of these shows have too many blacks and not enough hispanics... if you want to break it right down to the %'s. MasterChef is, what, about 50% minorities? But it's because they were the best cooks, right? The "age discrimination" is a lot more apparent to me... but I guess watching a bunch of >40 wouldn't make for great TV.
    Amazing Race has a variety of different types of contestants: they even had a little person who raced with her cousin. Why would older houseguests not make for great TV? Older people in general are wiser: their diary room comments would be more insightful. There likely would be better strategizing and more interesting conversations. Also, they likely would be less afraid to vote against the house. But, there are people who just get worse as they get older. An older version of Rachel could be interesting. She might actually vote out houseguests for strategic reasons instead of personal reasons... yet she could still be outspoken.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 08-21-2010 at 02:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345