+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you disappointed with BB12's lack of diversity?

FORT Fogey

Re: Are you disappointed with BB12's lack of diversity?

I would also like it if they had more than just two older people in each house. They have way too many young, interchangeable, alpha males. The show would be much more interesting if they had maybe two houseguests in their twenties, two in their thirties, two in their forties... How about putting people who are similar to Judge Judy in the house? They have several educated, geeky types this season, which adds to the house.

FORT Fogey

I'm not big on forcing people to work in pre-assigned pairs, but I wonder what would happen if they had half the house under, say, 35 and half the house over 35 and had each person under 35 initially paired to someone over 35, so they'd have to work together, as opposed to all the younger contestants siding against the older ones (or vice versa).

But personally, I'm disappointed with BB12's lack of diversity in terms of smarts. None of these people are really playing a particularly impressive game.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3986634;
    I want them to take a mixture of average people varying ethnic backgrounds with NO twists and just see what happens
    I believe that would be BB1.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Fogey

It seems as if the primary purpose of having two older people in the house for each season is for cooking and cleaning. I'd like it if each season started out with just one young alpha male in the house. After all, several "types" in the house just have token representation. Several houseguests aren't playing the game very well: their personalities get in the way of good game-playing. But, when they chose the houseguests, I don't think they know who will likely play a good game.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4010948;
    I'm not big on forcing people to work in pre-assigned pairs, but I wonder what would happen if they had half the house under, say, 35 and half the house over 35 and had each person under 35 initially paired to someone over 35, so they'd have to work together, as opposed to all the younger contestants siding against the older ones (or vice versa).

But personally, I'm disappointed with BB12's lack of diversity in terms of smarts. None of these people are really playing a particularly impressive game.
    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher
    I would also like it if they had more than just two older people in each house. They have way too many young, interchangeable, alpha males. The show would be much more interesting if they had maybe two houseguests in their twenties, two in their thirties, two in their forties... How about putting people who are similar to Judge Judy in the house? They have several educated, geeky types this season, which adds to the house.
    I like either of these ideas....yes, Jeff and Jordan were adorable...and even America's Player and his sweetie were kind of cute, but I can easily do without these showmances... I'd much rather up the likelihood of interesting people, and the older people they've had on the show generally had stronger personalities than a lot of the younger ones.
    I guess they think they need a lot of eye candy, so they don't want many Jerries or Chicken Georges (notice no women of their shape!), but I think you can find attractive people of all ages.

Back to our original definition of diversity.... so we lost the lone African American and it's not looking good for our Orthodox Jew after that weird speech. Although when they were about to vote out Kathy for sure I was thinking there goes our "old" person...and yet another woman.

FORT Fogey

I'd like it if there were maybe six educated, socially awkward houseguests; six older houseguests; and one alpha male in the house. I think showmances are boring. The producers might think that people want to see houseguests with perfect bodies playing swimming pool volleyball; but to me, that isn't interesting TV. Andrew added to the diversity, but what was interesting about Andrew was his lack of social skills.

FORT Newbie

I am very disappointed with BB12's cast this season. I would like to see real people on the show. I don't really need to see models and wanna be actors. I think real every day ordinary people would be a much better show. They really need to shake it up with some new gimmicks too. Slop/have not is sooo childish. Why not let America have a vote on who goes home, who gets to be head of house. I think America could write a better show. Why not let America vote on who gets to be in the house. BB could narrow the list down to 30 and let America pick the 12 to go into the house and BB could put 2 of their choice in.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by oz-girl;4016718;
    I am very disappointed with BB12's cast this season. I would like to see real people on the show. I don't really need to see models and wanna be actors. I think real every day ordinary people would be a much better show. They really need to shake it up with some new gimmicks too. Slop/have not is sooo childish. Why not let America have a vote on who goes home, who gets to be head of house. I think America could write a better show. Why not let America vote on who gets to be in the house. BB could narrow the list down to 30 and let America pick the 12 to go into the house and BB could put 2 of their choice in.
    I think that slop should be replaced with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and maybe let America vote on the two more food items that the have-nots have for the week. America voted for which houseguests would be evicted for the first season, and it was predictable who would be sent home. I stopped voting after a few weeks becuase it was always obvious who would be sent home. I like your idea about America voting for which houseguests from the list of 30 potential houseguests will get to be on the show... but I hope they would have more than wannabe actors and models to choose from.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oz-girl;4016718;
    I am very disappointed with BB12's cast this season. I would like to see real people on the show. I don't really need to see models and wanna be actors. I think real every day ordinary people would be a much better show.
    Totally agree with you here. I am sick of people coming into the house with dreams of stardom, or with T-shirt ready self-proclaimed titles (anyone else calling Matt the "Diabolical Super-Genius" besides Matt? But I bet he's got DSG merchandise ready to go after the show's over). And he whole young hotties showmance idea is boring and uncomfortable. Honestly, I don't want to watch people make out, hot or not. If BB has to pick "hot" young players at least treat us to the likes of Britney. She has some funny to her. Just like in life, "Hot" gets old after awhile if there's nothing else there to entertain you.

not just 12 white people, but 12 ugly white people! JK..but there's always the stereotypical jock/hoochie/gay/drama queen type. Winning the big bro prize doesn't matter, it's all about exposure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast