+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Saboteur - BB 12

FORT Fogey

Re: Saboteur - BB 12

I don't know who I suspect, but I doubt it's Andrew, because I don't think Big Brother or CBS really wants to make the contestant who's most obviously identifying himself as religious the saboteur. The grief they could potentially get for that would likely make them think twice. Besides, Andrew's being way too obvious--choosing to sit out the first challenge, for instance. Someone who was really trying to make it until the fifth week wouldn't want to draw that much attention to himself/herself too early.

That being said, I always think it's a little silly when competitors in something like Big Brother or Survivor go out of their way to make a point about how they would never do anything during the game that would violate their religious beliefs. Virtually all organized religions involve some version of the golden rule and tenets against things like lying, and the vast majority of the competitors in such games don't abide by such rules, not if they want to win. Heck, Andrew didn't even make it out of the first episode without lying--he didn't admit he was a doctor and when he saw Britney writhing in pain, he said he wanted to do something about it, but he didn't want to blow his cover. I'm pretty sure Judaism wouldn't exactly encourage either of those actions.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeisthebest;3973608;
    I thought if they made it halfway or whatever then they would be allowed to play for the grand prize as well?
    It could be, but I thought they only got 50,000 for making it halfway.

That being said, I always think it's a little silly when competitors in something like Big Brother or Survivor go out of their way to make a point about how they would never do anything during the game that would violate their religious beliefs. Virtually all organized religions involve some version of the golden rule and tenets against things like lying, and the vast majority of the competitors in such games don't abide by such rules, not if they want to win. Heck, Andrew didn't even make it out of the first episode without lying--he didn't admit he was a doctor and when he saw Britney writhing in pain, he said he wanted to do something about it, but he didn't want to blow his cover. I'm pretty sure Judaism wouldn't exactly encourage either of those actions.
    Judaism is a very logical religion. While it doesn't condone lying, it accepts that there are times when lying is required and is justified. (Granted, lying on a reality show is probably pushing the boundaries a bit, but for someone as religious as Andrew, he probably talked to his rabbi before applying anyway.)

I'm thinking it's Kathy. When Julie announced that their was a sabotuer, her body language felt a bit off. Not to mention her incapability to hold onto the weiner for more than 2 seconds and the fact that she wasn't on the couch when the lights first turned off. Plus, I feel like if people were to go after the sabotuer, they wouldn't expect the older nice lady to be the person that's sabotaging their game.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I don't know if the silhouette they kept showing is anything to go by or if it's just kind of a random picture, but going by that it looks like a woman or one of the more slender guys (Matt, Ragan). The arms seem small. Other than that, I don't have the slightest idea

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3973671;
    Judaism is a very logical religion. While it doesn't condone lying, it accepts that there are times when lying is required and is justified. (Granted, lying on a reality show is probably pushing the boundaries a bit, but for someone as religious as Andrew, he probably talked to his rabbi before applying anyway.)

I'm not Jewish, but I can't imagine how it wouldn't be stretching the boundaries to condone lying for the sake of...well, I'm not actually sure what it would be for, because I don't know Andrew's personal motivations for being on the show. Money? Fame? Some cause to promote? It would have to be something pretty noble to justify letting someone cry out in pain when you could help her (not that he could have known that would happen prior to going into the house, but once he it happened, he would have had to have a really good reason to keep the lie up at someone else's physical expense). Of course, for all I know, Andrew isn't even all that religious either, but it's just part of his game plan to say that he is, so that people might see him as more trustworthy--unless that possibility is contradicted by his official bio which I admittedly haven't read. But I really wasn't meaning to pick on Andrew specifically. He's just the latest example of contestants who claim they would never do anything that contradicts their religious beliefs but go ahead and do just that as soon as they have to--we've seen a lot of people hold a Bible in one hand while shoving someone under the bus with another. That isn't a crack against people who are religious either, because not all religious people would do that. I just don't like it when people make a big deal of how religious they are, when they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by neighborhoodie;3974137;
    I don't know if the silhouette they kept showing is anything to go by or if it's just kind of a random picture, but going by that it looks like a woman or one of the more slender guys (Matt, Ragan). The arms seem small. Other than that, I don't have the slightest idea
    I was thinking the same thing! But, I am not discounting Andrew. Because he is different, you would think - it can't possibly be him. But, why not? What better place but right in plain sight?

ETA: If female - than Britney or Kathy - but really Britney wins my vote!
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 07-11-2010 at 02:55 AM.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

My initial guess is Kristen- her body language seemed off all evening.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Britney didn't even try to grasp the swinging hot dog one time - her arms were straight out with no attempt to encircle it. I remember watching it air and thinking that looks fishy.

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by neighborhoodie;3974137;
    I don't think the silhouette is the saboteur either and the voice they're distorting is probably just the voice of some intern in the office.
    I can't imagine they'd call the Sab in record those voice pieces.

My initial guess was/is Kathy, although I do think she's a rather obvious choice because I think even after only one show she seesm to have the characteristics that would make for a successful Saboteur.
    They need someone who can pull it off and stay in the game for a while or their twist is pointless.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast