+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 12 *News, Spoilers and Speculation*

FORT Fogey

Re: Big Brother 12 *News, Spoilers and Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3922314;
    Have to say that I love America being able to vote on things. There's nothing I like more than watching some d-bag being slapped in the face by karma - the shocked and horrified faces of Maggie and her cohorts as Kaysar walked back in the door, and not the beloved-by-all-mankind Cappy that they expected.
    I loved it when Kaysar was voted back in. I'm not sure it was fair though. At least we know that they planned this ahead of time because all the house guests were sequestered. I think they didn't plan the coup d'etat until Jeff needed it. Sometimes the producers use twists because they know the outcome before they even let America vote. They knew Jeff or Jordan would win the coup d'etat. They knew who would get mustard on her personal items before they asked America to vote. That is the biggest reason I don't like the part about America voting. But I cannot say that I didn't always love the outcome! I love Kaysar!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3922384;
    I loved it when Kaysar was voted back in. I'm not sure it was fair though. At least we know that they planned this ahead of time because all the house guests were sequestered. I think they didn't plan the coup d'etat until Jeff needed it. Sometimes the producers use twists because they know the outcome before they even let America vote. They knew Jeff or Jordan would win the coup d'etat. They knew who would get mustard on her personal items before they asked America to vote. That is the biggest reason I don't like the part about America voting. But I cannot say that I didn't always love the outcome! I love Kaysar!
    I just tend to think of all this as a throwback to the original Big Brother, with the able assistance of his evil minion, O'Brien, so it doesn't bother me. In fact, because of my deep and abiding love of the book, I'd enjoy seeing more pot-stirring - keeps the hamsters on their toes (claws?).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

EWDaltonRoss : The Chenbot reboots! Julie Chen will be back blogging Big Brother all summer for EW (Premieres July 9th)
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

One of my favorite twists was during season 8, America's Player I think it was called. Eric (whom I didn't like, so seeing his game get messed up just added to the entertainment of it) had to do all those tasks America told him to do, including not talk to his showmance interest in the house. Although I think ruining or hiding anyone's personal belongings should be against the rules :nono

Sometimes BB delivers on the hype, but I usually don't get my hopes up until then. Every season they have something big planned, or so they say. I just hope the cast is as interesting and diverse as the last two seasons have been.

I just hope in any kind of twist; they don't bring Jessie back THIS season ... I think we have had our fill of him.
    KAREN

I agree. NO jesse. I don't like the twists, it usually hurts someone's chances. Eric was a jerk, but being "america's player" messed up his game. If I had tried and tried to get on the show and then finally got my chance but had strings attached, it would really suck. Also the partners put a lot of people at a disadvantage. I just wish they would pick people, make more games and challenges and let each individual play their game!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3923103;
    I agree. NO jesse. I don't like the twists, it usually hurts someone's chances. Eric was a jerk, but being "america's player" messed up his game. If I had tried and tried to get on the show and then finally got my chance but had strings attached, it would really suck. Also the partners put a lot of people at a disadvantage. I just wish they would pick people, make more games and challenges and let each individual play their game!
    I don't see why they'd bring Jessie back. However, if another AS ever happens, I hope he's not on the list. But I agree, I hate any twist that involves bringing a former houseguest back to actually play the game-which also involved bringing someone back that's already been ousted. I hated during BB3 when the hamsters voted Southern loudmouth Amy back in, and she wound up staying until the final 4 (despite being on the block every week). Seeing the look of shock can be worth it, but Survivor never has to pull some of the stuff BB does, and as far as I'm concerned, only difference between the two games is one is out in the wild, the other in a house. It's why I enjoyed BB10 so much-no AS, no secret partners/enemies, no pairing fake lovebirds together, no twins and long lost siblings (kind of a low point, imo). BB11 would have been better without the stupid cliques. And a fun, interesting cast. Give me more Dans, Rennys, Jeffs, and Jordans. I liked Steven and Memphis, too, from BB10.

I just hope they don't resort to putting borderline violent people (like Russell) in there. I can see the need for nasty/mean people, but no good ever comes from having someone who just walks around threatening to put someone's head through a wall every other day, especially when all the hamsters (and the viewers) know that it can't happen, since the brute would be ejected from the game in a second.

The game is no fun with people whose only card to play is intimidation. I've had it with the roid-ragers.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3923197;
    It's why I enjoyed BB10 so much-no AS, no secret partners/enemies, no pairing fake lovebirds together, no twins and long lost siblings (kind of a low point, imo). BB11 would have been better without the stupid cliques. And a fun, interesting cast. Give me more Dans, Rennys, Jeffs, and Jordans. I liked Steven and Memphis, too, from BB10.
    I'm not sure what AS means.....but you may be forgetting that Dan was America's Player for one week in season 10. Thats how we ousted Jesse....which was fabulous! And even better the 2nd time around.

I like a few tricks and twists here and there but I do agree that secret pairs or family members or anything like that is stupid. To be honest, I quit watching Survivor because its the same thing over and over and over again every season. It gets boring.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

i want the same thing i want every season

* all new people

* no clones of previous houseguests

* no religion or politics

and Allison & Robyn...please don't cast your cousins best friends baby sister on the show

IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?????

JustJuls congrats on dumping survivor, your a few years too late though

+ Reply to Thread