+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 12 *News, Spoilers and Speculation*

Re: Big Brother 12 *News, Spoilers and Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3918762;
    I think it might always be luck! The twists have helped out some winners as well. Dick and Jordan were favored a lot by the twists/America's voting/production influence.
    Constant game talk can be annoying when they say the same things over again but that is where all the action takes place! You won't know what's happening unless you watch the gamers!
    I try and watch it on the quad camera so I don't miss anything and with the flashback feature you can see a convo you might have missed later.

The so called gamers Laura and Ronnie went home pretty early last season.

Natalie and Jesse's crew talking game non-stop in the HOH room the first few weeks drove me crazy. It was like make up your mind already.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I really dislike the "special power" thing. Even though Jeff had it last year, and the looks on everyone's faces were absolutely priceless, it was just unfair I thought.

I'd like to see more things to do. All they do is lay around unless there is a competition.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3919002;
    I really dislike the "special power" thing. Even though Jeff had it last year, and the looks on everyone's faces were absolutely priceless, it was just unfair I thought.

I'd like to see more things to do. All they do is lay around unless there is a competition.
    It was totally unfair. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again since most people really loved that it went to Jeff. If it had gone to Ronnie, you can bet that it would never happen again! lol!

I also don't really like America being able to vote if one of the jurors cannot vote. Or I guess it was America being the tiebreaker. The reason I don't like it is because this is an edited show and the producers control how contestants are edited. So it is really like the producers picking who they want to win since they control what the viewers see. I think there should be a better way. Plus, it was really strange how you had to vote for each scenario last season.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Well that was the first time that we've had to do that.....I highly doubt that it will happen again. Chima was a rare breed which I hope to never witness again. Bleh.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by susanr342;3917904;
    I loved the Alice in Wonderland Theme too that carried through the house and the competitions - remember the bunny suits!

I don't mind a twist if it involves everyone in the house - season 6 where everyone had a secret partner. But I dislike twists that only involve a few of the house guests - season 8 with the 3 enemies or season 5 with brother/sister and twins or season 4 with 4 exs.

I would like to see tasks that the whole house would work together to compete to win some kind of luxury item (booze, catered dinner, etc). I remember in Season 1 (I know most didn't like it) they had to have 2 people dancing at all times for a 24 hour period.

There is just too much time that the HGs have nothing to do and they sleep the time away...they have to stop the sleeping somehow...it does not make for good feed watching.

I would also like to see them go back to Peanut Butter and Jam instead of the slop. The slop just makes the hgs sleep and complain a lot. At least with BPJ it was annoying but they could live on it and still have energy (I could live on toast with PB).

My favourite house theme was "A House of Extremes" in All Stars - I loved those neon flames on the wall, the gargoyles and the spider cage.
    BB1 is probably the most boring season, though the worst will always be season 9. I remember they had the week long challenges where they competed for food and daily challenges, sometimes for prizes. True that said challenges were corny as could be, but I think whoever comes up with the challenges could use a refresher. I'd also like to see them get rid of the slop and go back to PB&J, if they have to have a food restriction. So I agree, it'd be nice for them to have stuff for the HG to do everyday, rather than get drunk, fight, and strategize.

Considering BB seemed to be the first in recruiting pretty, egotistical and ditzy Hollywood wannabes, whenever they did find a true fan of the show I'd nearly faint. I liked the special power, but only because it worked against the people in the house I couldn't stand. I hated bringing back a previous HG to begin with to play the game, and Jesse was the last one I wanted to see. So seeing his alliance take a huge blow, from America no less, was worth it. Can I also suggest if one of the hamsters cried mutiny because they ran out f something or didn't get their own way in the game, they don't cave to prevent them from leaving?

One of my favorite "twists" was during season 2, when they had 4 Survivor contestants crash the house, compete in a challenge, and spend the night. If they're going to do the special power type things, I wish there'd be strings attached. Something like it'd be really great to use it but it might cost you if you do. I don't know. One thing I'd like to see them do is everyone play for the POV (and not the HOH-they already had the power and unless they're trying to backdoor someone, what are the odds they're going to reverse their nominations). Speaking of game play, I wish there'd be a twist so backdooring a person wasn't the main strategy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3919398;
    Well that was the first time that we've had to do that.....I highly doubt that it will happen again. Chima was a rare breed which I hope to never witness again. Bleh.
    I think it could easily happen again. I am surprised that it hasn't happened before! BB doesn't pick the most stable house guests. Remember Adam and Matt are in trouble with the law? Lydia threatened to hurt herself while she was on the show and she attempted suicide shortly before appearing on the show. They cast a lot of people who may not make it through/should be kicked off the show. Let's not forget about the violent ones! It totally could happen again!

In the June 7-20 issue of TV Guide on page 35, here is what is said about BB

BIG BROTHER Returns 7/8, 9/8c, CBS

When a new brood of boarders moves in for the show's 12th season, expect amped-up challenges. Says exec producer Allison Grodner, "We've got a lot of twists and turns planned."
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Oh boy. A LOT of twists & turns!?! Sounds like we're in for an interesting one....or Allison is just being Allison and making it sound much more than it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3920331;
    I think it could easily happen again. I am surprised that it hasn't happened before! BB doesn't pick the most stable house guests. Remember Adam and Matt are in trouble with the law? Lydia threatened to hurt herself while she was on the show and she attempted suicide shortly before appearing on the show. They cast a lot of people who may not make it through/should be kicked off the show. Let's not forget about the violent ones! It totally could happen again!
    Well in 11 seasons that was the first.....of course it could happen again, but I'd say its rare.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3921603;
    In the June 7-20 issue of TV Guide on page 35, here is what is said about BB

BIG BROTHER Returns 7/8, 9/8c, CBS

When a new brood of boarders moves in for the show's 12th season, expect amped-up challenges. Says exec producer Allison Grodner, "We've got a lot of twists and turns planned."
    KAREN

Have to say that I love America being able to vote on things. There's nothing I like more than watching some d-bag being slapped in the face by karma - the shocked and horrified faces of Maggie and her cohorts as Kaysar walked back in the door, and not the beloved-by-all-mankind Cappy that they expected.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread