+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 12 *News, Spoilers and Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Big Brother 12 *News, Spoilers and Speculation*

I remember that moment I think that might have been season 7, the AS edition. Now that's the kind of mind games I like to see played. Wasn't it season 4 they sent the mime into the house? And didn't give any reason, the mime just showed up?

I wish they still had the fun, weekly America's choice. Season 2 was one of my favorites, when the HG got the pot belly pig for the week, and the trampoline that Will went crazy over (and them threatening Bunky because his request was to get new grass), the winter wonderland, which Nicole hated (and they put a real life stuffed bear in the yard, and she was a vegetarian).

'Big Brother: After Dark' will return to Sho 2

Keep your late nights wide open this summer, Big Brother fans: After Dark will be back! Showtime has confirmed that it will continue airing live, nightly feeds from the Big Brother house beginning July 8 at 12 a.m EST. This marks the fifth summer that CBS’ sister cable network has run the uncensored and uncut feeds, which have been a ratings success: After Dark has almost quadrupled the average numbers of viewers that Sho 2 typically attracts to the time period, when it usually airs movies (some of which are of the “adult” persuasion).

CBS has already announced that the 12th edition of Big Brother will begin July 8 and air three nights a week on Wednesdays (8-9 p.m. ET/PT), Thursdays (eviction show from 8-9 p.m.) and Sundays (8-9 p.m). The network used to air BB on Tuesdays but the network wanted to keep its winning line-up of dramas on that night intact for the summer.

The new cast for the reality show, which follows a group of people living in a house outfitted with dozens of cameras and microphones, will be announced at a later date. Big Brother is hosted by Julie Chen and executive produced by Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan in association with Endemol U.S.A.
    'Big Brother: After Dark' will return to Sho 2 | EW.com
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I'm glad that it will be back, but at the same time, I think After Dark has had a negative effect on the game. The houseguests know when they are on TV as opposed to just the live feeds, and as a result they deliberately avoid letting their hair down or speaking their minds for those 3 hours. It has slowly become the 3 hours when they all choose to make dinner or take naps, especially in the later weeks.

Also, during weeks where a competition (or any special event) will take place at night, the producers deliberately delay it until After Dark is over, which on the east coast is 3AM. (OK, maybe that's a recapper's complaint more than an average viewer's)

I wish there was a way for the production to prevent the HGs from knowing when they are on Showtime, so that the behavior would be more natural and spontaneous.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I remember staying up until 3 or 4 one time 5am because of all the drama that went on last year. Thank goodness school is out during BB! Casey and Jeff they were so funny in the BY. BB I know Jeff will be hard to replace, but please try. And I also want another Casey!
    I think Russell was ok. One more request BB, can we not have the name Natalie for one year! I know in BB we have to have someone we dislike and someone we do like. That's what makes BB fun!! I hope BB picks some of the best houseguest's ever and let the drama begin!!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3924274;
    I wish there was a way for the production to prevent the HGs from knowing when they are on Showtime, so that the behavior would be more natural and spontaneous.
    That should be easy enough, there aren't any clocks in the house. I don't understand why production would tell them ANYTHING. It's getting too predictable for them - they know the challenges by now, they know when and what to expect. I hope the "new twists" they're promising change everything up.

I'm ready for some leaks and spoilers, dammit!

It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3927283;
    That should be easy enough, there aren't any clocks in the house. I don't understand why production would tell them ANYTHING. It's getting too predictable for them - they know the challenges by now, they know when and what to expect. I hope the "new twists" they're promising change everything up.

I'm ready for some leaks and spoilers, dammit!

Nice countdown clock!

I always thought there was one clock in the house, because whenever someone would ask "what time is it", someone would usually look up toward the area by the spiral stairs and announce the time.

But even without a clock, most people going into the house already know when After Dark airs, so BB would have to make the concealment a little more elaborate, like telling them that it's not on every night, or that they are airing the 24/7 feeds On Demand as well.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

There's a clock? Shows how observant I am. Well it needs to go, they don't need to know what time it is. They could also tell them there is no After Dark this year, too. I don't want any acting.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Fogey

I think it is a good thing that they know when they are on BBAD. Sometimes people wait for BBAD time to argue or do fun, silly stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3927410;
    There's a clock? Shows how observant I am. Well it needs to go, they don't need to know what time it is. They could also tell them there is no After Dark this year, too. I don't want any acting.
    I'm not 100% sure, it's just what I've observed over time, and BB seems to be very careful about not showing it if there is one there. But yeah, I think BB needs to lie through their teeth to these new hamsters.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I think there is a clock in the kitchen. Either on the microwave or the stove. I think I would go crazy not knowing the time on top of everything else. The days get all jubbled as is. But yeah, I agree...I wish they didn't tell them what time showtime was on.

Love the countdown clock....pretty ironic as they are usually FAR from Angels!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread