+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 12 *News, Spoilers and Speculation*

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Big Brother 12 *News, Spoilers and Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3923666;
    I'm not sure what AS means.....but you may be forgetting that Dan was America's Player for one week in season 10. Thats how we ousted Jesse....which was fabulous! And even better the 2nd time around.

I like a few tricks and twists here and there but I do agree that secret pairs or family members or anything like that is stupid. To be honest, I quit watching Survivor because its the same thing over and over and over again every season. It gets boring.
    AS---All Stars?

I 2nd the banning of roid rage, MFWalkoff.... it makes it really unpleasant to listen to...on Survivor or BB.

FORT Fogey

I think casting is key.
    Last season, everyone America liked was horrible at the game. Jeff and Jordan had no clue what they are doing and perhaps I am in the minority when I say they would not have made it so far if the producers had not intervened with the coup d'etat and giving them "hints." I thought it was far more entertaining to see someone I liked try hard and lose vs seeing someone I liked hardly try and win. So I think the producers need to cast some people that we can root for who are also good at the game. Very few people liked Jessie and Natalie but they had the game under control until the producers took over. They should cast a likable Jessie and Natalie or an intelligent Jeff and Jordan. They should cast someone like Dan. He was one of the few likable winners that actually deserved to win and didn't win because the producers fixed the game! I am a fan of the strategy and was not too pleased that the only one making strategic sense last year was terribly annoying.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

The coup d'etat was planned well before they knew who America liked. What hints were J&J given? I can't remember.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3924019;
    The coup d'etat was planned well before they knew who America liked. What hints were J&J given? I can't remember.
    I don't think it was. Lots of others don't either (I can't mention who said it or where). This probably isn't the right place to discuss this as it is controversial and unrelated to this new season. The DR sometimes helps people out. I hope they don't do that next season. I was happy to see Lydia go home though (instead of Russell). But she was basically robbed by the DR.

^ no matter what people want to believe, there will always be *intervention* from producers

bottom line is that this is entertainment and they need to maximize the entertainment value

not saying that they *fix* the competitions or anything, but we all know that most of the manipulations are done in the diary room

they cast as many moldable/pliable people as possible

Jeff and Jordan didn't know how to play the game and that was an adavantage last season. It isn't thier fault that some hg's overplayed thier hand. Really though Jordan had a really great social game and people thought she would be easy to beat in the end. Also, the other hg's being blind to Jeff and Jordan's srtong bond was mind blowing.

I don't want to see anyone like Russell on season 12.
    Last edited by Love_Me; 06-04-2010 at 08:40 PM.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Since it screwed Jessie and his allaince over, I didn't really care. Natalie still made it to the end. I think it was during season 8, there was speculation the DR was convincing the HG to keep Dick over Dustin. I've heard that before, and it wouldn't surprise me, especially since the producers know what America's view is on the current HG and what would make for good controversy, and what would be the worst final 2 ever. I know Survivor has had twists planned that were meant to save someone or keep the game from being overly predictable, but end up canning the twists if something works itself out.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3924027;
    I don't think it was. Lots of others don't either (I can't mention who said it or where). This probably isn't the right place to discuss this as it is controversial and unrelated to this new season. The DR sometimes helps people out. I hope they don't do that next season. I was happy to see Lydia go home though (instead of Russell). But she was basically robbed by the DR.
    Oh I know the DR intervenes ALL the time. But I actually thought last season was one of the least "messed" with season. I'll have to go refresh my memory about Lydia's eviction....because I'm drawing a blank as to how the DR stepped in.

I agree that the DR shouldn't step in....sometimes it helped the people I like, sometimes not. So it can be very frustrating. But yes....onward to season 12!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I really didn't mind Russell. I thought he was just playing the game.
    Natalie, though, was a whole other story.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

What season and what HG was it that the camera men were screwing with the HG's and wearing halloween masks behind those two way windows and then scaring the crap out of them ... oh man did I laugh ...

WOW already page 11 and we have a whole month before the show starts!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread