+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 8/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 8/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Thanks, Lelo, Shmoo and Shay, for the info about Chima.
    I have to give anyone credit who has come through a harrowing experience like that. It can't help but affect you.

I looked up the Bathtub killer and it appears the crimes occurred in '96 in Arlington, TX.
    I guess Shima moved to LA from Texas?
    Last edited by norealityhere; 08-10-2009 at 02:33 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

i guess Chima told that story during the audition process that's how she got on the show

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3652854;
    I don't think that she was trying to excuse her behavior; I think she was just telling people a part of who she is, which is one of those things that she probably will always need to do in dealing with this throughout her life. You know how people use the phrase "It's not a big, ol' hairy deal.", well this IS a big, ol' hairy deal, in the grand scheme of life. And I don't think that the word 'horrible' even begins to describe what she endured.
    Since I speak from personal experience, I hope that Chima finds a way to separate what happened to her in the past from how she lives her life in the present. Otherwise, she allows her attacker (dead or not) to still have too much power over her.

I've never found it necessary to tell strangers my story; why cause people to feel sorry for me when they might not otherwise? I fully "get" that the producers likely encouraged her to tell, especially if she revealed it during the audition process. They love to manipulate and go for the drama.

Obviously, I wish her the best: good therapy, a supportive family and a nucleus of trusted friends. As for the game? Hope she makes an exit soon.
    Last edited by Tiger Pride Mom; 08-10-2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: extra word

Quote Originally Posted by J Jabber;3653499;
    Since I speak from personal experience, I hope that Chima finds a way to separate what happened to her in the past from how she lives her life in the present. Otherwise, she allows her attacker (dead or not) to still have too much power over her.

I've never found it necessary to tell strangers my story; why cause people to feel sorry for me when they might not otherwise? I fully "get" that the producers likely encouraged her to tell, especially if she revealed it during the audition process. They love to manipulate and go for the drama.

Obviously, I wish her the best: good therapy, a supportive family and a nucleus of trusted friends. As for the game? Hope she makes an exit soon.
    THank you for your thoughtful post.

the problem w kimchi is it stinks to high heaven, lol

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3652118;
    sounds kind of good

are these people really strangers after you've been w them 24/7 for 6+ weeks. also, just because you've never found it necessary doesn't mean she hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by J Jabber;3653499;

Last edited by hepcat; 08-11-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Since we are all composites of all of our experiences, what she has survived is a huge part of who she is today. All of our experiences aren't negative, thank goodness. We all deal with things differently. Chima is a survivor! That could have a lot to do with the way she stood up to Russell and didn't let him control her. Have to admit, that was impressive! Most women couldn't have done that with that kind of fire!

"...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

While I admire Chima for what she has gone through, I still really don't like her at all.

FORT Newbie

Along the same line as the previous discussions, do you think that Chima's fixation and dislike of Russell has to do with her previous awful experience? She is completely obsessed with him and his leaving. I am afraid of what she will do if he does in fact stay after Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by petertracy;3652081;
    Why does Lydia think Jessie runs the show?
    why does Jessie think Jessie runs the show? lol

I admit it, I have a HUGE crush on Jeff, he is just hot! And so sweet. I am so glad he got the special power, hope he puts up natalie and jessie. Jordan isn't too smart but she is totally sweet, I think they make a great pair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789