+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BB USA v BB UK

FORT Fan

BB USA v BB UK

I have been watching the current season of BB UK and find it a much better show than the version here in the States. More like BB1 was here - HG's nominate and the public votes to evict. The lack of HoH, alliances, backstabbing, etc... seems to make for a much better show. Anyone else who has seen both want to chime in?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: BB USA v BB UK

Haven't seen the UK version, but I certainly liked the style of BB1 way more than the later versions... and the later the worse...

I also like BBUK better.

UK has always been better.. I've seen every series of UK, AU, USA and some German, Italian, etc... UK is by far the one based most on the true theme of Big Brother, "put them in a house and watch". UK is also the show with the least production interference, which makes everything more natural and real.

But BBUK is also the only BB in the world to not have a live feed.

I dropped out from this season of BBUK. I always eventually end up doing so, but this season, I didn't like the "populars" taking over the house. They took out people like Angel, who I loved.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

The "populars" were getting it on but Kris was just booted and it looks like Karly has one foot in the grave and the other on the banana peel. She is up v Noirin, Siavash, and Sophie - I assume Siavash and Dogface are penalty noms.

FORT Fan

You know what would be interesting is if they had the HGs switch houses for a week or two and play under the other house's rules. Both groups would be swept into planes after the week's evictions - not told where they are going - and then drop them off in the other house. That would be a definite expect the unexpected.

I am from the country where BB originated but I must say I do like the way The USA has changed the BB format. It is not really a BB like all the other countries have but more a mix between survivor and BB.

I like it although some seasons were very annoying. I miss BB Aussie. That was more like the UK version.

You may rely on it. Magic 8 Ball's Avatar

Watched a good bit of BB UK last summer while visiting the UK for a few weeks. I thought it was a much better version than the US. Better challenges....better twists .....and most importantly, better casting.

The HG's as a whole were much more interesting, entertaining, likable, (and REAL) than the usual assortment of beach party bullworkers and bimbo actress wannabes that we are subjected to repeatedly season after season on BB US.

They can change up the game all they want, but they really need to do a better job of casting (same could be said for Survivor as well) if they want to make the show more entertaining to watch. You need to have more of the type of HG's that are likable and you can root for (i.e. Janelle) and more of type of HG's that you love to hate (i.e. Maggie) in the same season.

BB US hasn't really had a good, entertaining cast (especially on the feeds) since BB 2 (w/ Dr. Will, Hardy, Bunky, Nicole, Shannon, Boogie, etc.) BB 5 had a pretty good cast too, until towards the end when there were too many turds left (the nerd herd) that made it unbearable to watch.

how are you all able to watch BB UK is what I dont understand? I've wanted to give it a try but have no idea how to watch the episodes since I'm not in the Uk....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast