+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Jeff - BB11

FORT Fogey

Re: Jeff - BB11

Here's an article from an interview JJ did in Chicago: LINK

Of all the possible ways to start a relationship, meeting on a reality show with 24-hour live Internet feeds is probably not the most promising.

For instance, it's difficult to flirt when you're hanging in the air wearing an enormous diaper for a challenge called "The Big Wedgie." It's hard to build trust if you're worried that you're just being manipulated for a showmance.

Worst of all, it's impossible to find a quiet corner to get to know each other, with 52 cameras and 95 microphones in the house.

But Park Ridge's Jeff Schroeder, 31, and North Carolina's Jordan Lloyd, 22, managed. The "Big Brother 11" fan favorites focused on friendship during filming, mainly because Jordan's grandpa was watching and had warned her, "No bugger." ("Bugger" means "sex" where Jordan comes from.)

The friendship turned into an alliance, and the alliance turned into a strong attraction. They finally had their first kiss after a few weeks, although it wasn't romantically ideal; they were filmed in night vision making out in the "splish splash room," while oblivious contestant Ronnie Talbott refused to leave, passing gas and begging for a "sympathy vote."

But believe it or not, Jeff and Jordan are still together.

"We just clicked," says Jordan, in Chicago for a visit. "He always stuck up for me, always."

Things in the house were rough in the beginning, they say. "Nobody really liked me," Jeff says. "To the point that I thought, 'Maybe I am a jerk. I'll just keep my mouth shut.' "

When teammate Russell Kairouz went after Jeff with an extended tirade -- Russell is a mixed martial arts fighter, by the way -- Jordan stepped up. "Not one person would help Jeff," she says. "Everybody was just walking by, and no one would talk to him. I decided from there on out, even though we're the underdogs, I'd rather stick with this person because I like him."

They may have been loners inside the house, but they had plenty of support from fans. Viewers voted for Jeff to win the power of "coup d'etat," although he needed a little help pronouncing it. He also won a trip to Hawaii, the $25,000 popularity prize at the end -- and Jordan wound up with the $500,000 grand prize.

"I really believe that she was there to win," Jeff says. "And if I was there to help her, even better."

It hasn't yet been a month since the "Big Brother" finale, so Jeff and Jordan have spent almost every weekend together doing show-related press. During her first trip to Chicago, Jordan met Jeff's boisterous family in Norridge and was awed by the shopping on Michigan Avenue. "I thought Charlotte had a big downtown," she marvels.

"Some people say, 'Oh, Jordan, she's such an airhead,' but there's a lot more to Jordan than meets the eye," Jeff says. "She's got a good grip on what's going on around her." Her biggest purchase since the win was a town house for her mother and brother.

This week, Jeff and Jordan are flying to Los Angeles because they've been nominated as Really Favorite Duo at the Fox Reality Channel awards.

They're up against "Celebrity Apprentice's" Melissa and Joan Rivers, Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott, some young ladies from "Charm School" and others.

Jeff, who works as an advertising salesman off and on, would love to parlay his popularity into something in entertainment. "Hosting is what I'd like to do," he says. "Host a travel show."

Jordan is managing her expectations. "If nothing comes out of this, I'll go back to school, go back to the salon" where she worked as a receptionist, she says. "I've always wanted to be a dental hygienist."

And if things continue to go well, would they take a cue from "The Bachelorette's" Jillian Harris and Ed Swiderski and shack up in Chicago?

"She might have to consider moving here," Jeff says with a laugh.

"Maybe? If I had a job here?" Jordan muses. "But the traffic is awful."
    Like I said, I'll be shocked if Jordan doesn't move to Chicago!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3726643;
    Loved that article Ky-la! I hope Jordie moves to Chicago. I think she would be really happy there. I wish I had the Fox reality channel.
    Me too. I know that Jordan's the kind of person that never meets a stranger, but it still surprised me just how fast she seems to have clicked with his friends. In the chat, she talked about going shopping with his MMA friend, Tony and calling his other friend Vito to help her out with twitter. It sounds like they all love her too.

And I don't see her family holding her back. They all love Jeff and I think would support her if she wanted to move. Plus, now that she's won the money and bought her mom & brother a house, she doesn't have to be there to help them out like she was doing before BB.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3726659;
    Me too. I know that Jordan's the kind of person that never meets a stranger, but it still surprised me just how fast she seems to have clicked with his friends. In the chat, she talked about going shopping with his MMA friend, Tony and calling his other friend Vito to help her out with twitter. It sounds like they all love her too.

And I don't see her family holding her back. They all love Jeff and I think would support her if she wanted to move. Plus, now that she's won the money and bought her mom & brother a house, she doesn't have to be there to help them out like she was doing before BB.
    ....... and she will always have a place to go home and visit. I hope she does have the opportunity to go to school and become a dental hygienist, and even though she is paying for Jeff to get his lasik surgery, I bet she gets season tickets for the Bears too.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

More on these two in People:

For three months in the Big Brother house, theirs was the Showmance That Wasn’t. Jeff and Jordan had a chemistry that was undeniable but perplexing — although they made an adorable couple, their relationship seemed stuck at a perpetual slow boil.

Turns out getting back to the real world was just what they needed to turn up the heat because not only did BB 11 winner Jordan walk away with half a million dollars, she also walked out of the house with a best-friend-turned-boyfriend.

“Yes we are!” Jordan Lloyd, 23, tells PEOPLE when asked if she and Jeff Schroeder, 30, are finally an item. “We never really talked about it. It just kind of happened.”

The champ and America’s Favorite Player have been inseparable since the finale. For ad salesman Jeff, being away from the cameras and the competition opened his eyes to a different side of the small-town waitress who ended up capturing his heart.

“I liked her on the show, that was obvious,” he tells PEOPLE, “but after the show ended I liked her even more. I get in trouble when I say that, because Jordan is like, ‘You didn’t like me on the show, and now you like me!?’ but what I mean is that I like her even more now that I see who she is outside of the BB house.”

That includes what Jordan has decided to do with her newfound wealth, which is to stand by her pre-show promise and buy her mother a home. “Right after the show,” she says, “I got on the Internet, but I couldn’t find anything, and to make matters worse, my mom was being so picky. But I finally found something, and when my mom looked at it she fell in love with it!”

Another effect of Jordan’s run on the show, her newfound celebrity, came into play when sitting down with the builders of the house. “We closed on Wednesday,” she tells PEOPLE, “and I had put an offer on the house that was lower than what they were asking, and they took it because they were fans of the show, and they knew who I was. They just wanted an autograph, not even an autographed picture!”

And what does a new Lloyd family home mean for the happy couple? Well, for the first time in years, Jordan, who unabashedly admitted on national television to being forced to share a bedroom with her mother, finally has four walls to call her own. “I got my bed back!” she says. “My bed was at my best friend Chelsea’s house, and now I have that back for my room.”

After being locked up together for three months, and non-stop side-by-side, it’s hard for the pair to say that things have moved fast, but in the short period since season 11 ended, there have been trips to each other’s hometowns and meet-the-parents moments, although to these BB veterans, those weren’t big feats.

“I thought that the biggest hurdle in a relationship was taking a dump in front of each other,” Jeff says with a laugh. “We cleared that in the BB house. As far as the relationship goes we have a leg up. We’ve fast forwarded a year!”

As for whether or not things have gotten intimate, or to use Jordan’s bizarre euphemism, whether or not “booger” is in their immediate future, the Southern belle plays it close to her chest, and says with a laugh, “I think he’s waited long enough.”
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

("Bugger" means "sex" where Jordan comes from.)

no it does not. lol
    I fell off my pink cloud with a thud. ~ Elizabeth Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkPink;3732198;
    ("Bugger" means "sex" where Jordan comes from.)

no it does not. lol
    LOL. What does it mean then?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3732203;
    LOL. What does it mean then?
    I think they mean that it's Jordan's word. Or her grandpa's word. It's not an NC thing or a southern thing.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Aww, He likes her even more outside of the house! I can't imagine him looking at her with even MORE love than he did in there. I wish they would do more interviews or something.....I miss my J&J!!!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3732428;
    Aww, He likes her even more outside of the house! I can't imagine him looking at her with even MORE love than he did in there. I wish they would do more interviews or something.....I miss my J&J!!!
    I really, really hope she still plans on going to the charity event in Chicago with Jeff this weekend. If she does, we'll probably get pictures because the website says that it's a red carpet event. And I'm sure pictures will pop up somewhere. But she said in the phone interview w/Ross (that took place yesterday) that she would see Jeff in a "couple weeks". I'm hoping maybe that was just a misspeak.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Oh, I didn't hear about that interview! Thanks for the update Ky-la!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread