+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: BB10 Post-season Interviews and Appearances

Re: BB10 Post-season Interviews and Appearances

Is there an interview anywhere that shows Jerry finally "getting" that we heard his vile comments about Keesha? I know Bunky tried and Jerry denied, but was there anything after that where someone said, "This is what you said. Everyone heard you."?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3203486;
    Is there an interview anywhere that shows Jerry finally "getting" that we heard his vile comments about Keesha? I know Bunky tried and Jerry denied, but was there anything after that where someone said, "This is what you said. Everyone heard you."?
    ED interviewed him but only kissed his but--big let down.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Interview with Dan's Headmaster -Dearborn paper

Dan's the man! 09/21/08

DEARBORN - It took 71 days, a lot of strategy, smooth talking, physical endurance, and a few white lies — but he did it. On Sept. 11, Dan Gheesling, a 25-year-old Catholic school teacher from Dearborn, won the top prize — more than $500,000 — on Big Brother 10, a reality TV show on CBS.

While living in the Big Brother house, Gheesling waded through a giant pool of honey; stood on the narrow ledge of a shaky building; was suspended on a moving rope while it "rained;" celebrated his 25th birthday; was called a "Judas" by fellow competitor, Jerry MacDonald; and had his every move recorded on camera, 24/7.

According to his boss, James Glowacki, Headmas-ter of St. Mary's Orchard Lake Preparatory School, Gheesling went into the experience with 100 percent confidence.

"I guarantee you I am going to win...there's no doubt in my mind," Gheesling told Glowacki before he ventured off to California in June to join 12 other contestants on the show.

Glowacki said he watched Gheesling "every second of every minute" on each episode of Big Brother 10, and was impressed with his performance on the show.

"Dan played it as moral as that game can be played," he said. And despite the fact he has received hundreds of e-mails telling him Gheesling's behavior on the show was "immoral" or that "he should be fired," Glowacki said he is proud of him.

"We (the school) saw it merely as a game of monopoly or chess," he said. "If you don't bluff, you won't win."

During week four of the game, Gheesling formed a lasting alliance with fellow player, Memphis Garrett; the two became known as "The Renegades."

Gheesling said his ability to keep a "cool head" and a handle on his emotions was a big factor in his winning the game.

"How did you control it (emotions)?" asked Big Brother 10 host Julie Chen.

"$500, 000," he said.

Through it all, Gheesling said one thing he didn't do in the game was personally attack anyone — he got to know each person on an individual basis, and showed them basic kindness and compassion. Kindness was mentioned by at least two of Gheesling's fellow houseguests when the final votes were cast (7-0) to decide the winner.

When asked by Chen what it was like to win $500,000, Gheesling told her: "It's very hard to fathom at this point — $500,000 is a lot of money, but being a big fan of the show, winning this is like a dream come true, and I couldn't have done it without my Renegade brother, Memphis."

Garrett won second prize — $50,000, plus a classic car he won in a luxury competition.

Glowacki spoke with Gheesling a few days ago.

"Do I still have a job, boss?" Gheesling asked.

Glowacki assured him he did.

"Dan is a great teacher for us, and a great coach," he said.

Once the dust settles, Glowacki said St. Mary's will most likely have a "Dan Gheesling Day" to celebrate his win, and perhaps have him autograph T-shirts for students at the all-boys school.

While on the show, Gheesling frequently painted the letters "OLSM" on his face, homage to his employer; he was also seen donning a red St. Mary's football shirt quite often.

Glowacki just placed an order for hundreds more of the shirts.

"They've become a hot commodity," he said.

Gheesling also made references to his hometown of Dearborn several times on the show.

When Gheesling returns to work next week, he will have plenty of catching up to do — besides getting back to teaching, he will also have the task of checking more than 900 e-mails that have accumulated through his St. Mary's school account, mostly from fans.

Currently, Gheesling is still in California with his family celebrating his win, but told Glowacki "as promised, I will be back to work on the 26th."

"He told me he needed to get back to the safety of the Midwest."

Richard Hatch Season 1

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

What an interesting interview. How refreshing to hear from one's boss rather than siblings or friends. I'm so glad he was able to dismiss the hate mail he received about Dan and happy for Dan that his job is waiting for him - and before next semester.

It looks as though St. Mary's will have more than a few successful fund raisers in their future.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I would love to know how many supportive emails they received - I am sure it outnumbered the negative ones.

*from one of the 900 emails to Dan's work email

Brian/Steven/Angie on B.B.A.D now

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3203743;
    Brian/Steven/Angie on B.B.A.D now
    Angie is a no show, Brian explains they had a very bad experiance at a BB charity event and Angie is done.

Jerrys daughter told them she was embarressed by her dad's behavior.

They stated the person who's opinion of was change 180 degree's was Libra, said she was great after the show and outside the house.

April totally broke down after the finale when no one would talk to her--past BB HQ'S, fans or BB crew. the few who did told her how much they & America hated her.

Steve & Jessie almost got into it, Jessie blames Steven for "outing" him and the whole gay photo thing.

Michelle went to Brian and confronted about calling her out at the finale--says none of those things happened.

Brian & Steven say their questions at finale were basicly scripted.

Angie contronted Keesha and they made peace.

With 2 minutes to go a caller from 313 ( callers are ID by their area codes ) 313 is Michigan--called and asked if anyone wanted to play chat room roulette? It's DAN!

Richard Hatch Season 1

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Wow, lots of interesting stuff. Thanks pawpaw! I wonder what happened at the Charity event for Angie to be "done."

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3204186;
    Wow, lots of interesting stuff. Thanks pawpaw! I wonder what happened at the Charity event for Angie to be "done."
    Brian/Steven/Angie & others ( James S/6/7 & Josh S/9 were mentioned ) went to a Vegas BB charity event. They were told they were to hang out with guests who paid to see them, drink a few beers, shoot the breeze, ect.... After @ 3 hours Brian & Angie left ( were not told of any set time to end plus were not paid for it-charity ) and Steven an hour later. The host got pissed, he had told the customers that they would stay till the last guest left. Called Angie and a few others at @3 AM "f- you this, f- you that, ect..Then change their planes tickets from the afternoon to 5 AM that morning--basicly to get their an hour early to check in you need to leave now! Plus stuck then with the $108 fee for changing flight times.

Richard Hatch Season 1

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

that's too bad that april had such a horrible experience. i hope she realizes not EVERYONE hates her. and michelle denying stuff, that doesn't surprise me at all. so steven and brian calling them out was scripted? that surprises me, but i am still happy they did it.

+ Reply to Thread