+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: 9/16 Show Discussion (Season Finale) **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/16 Show Discussion (Season Finale) **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by folsomcat;3199925;
    That was one of my favorite moments....and I was hoping for more of those "moments" after they voted!
    But we never get those because the show is not long enough 1hr isn't enough and they could have saved some time tonight if they had done the jury house questions on Sunday. I just don't understand why they do this every season. They always leave us wanting more.

I can't wait to see the interviews after the show.

Quote Originally Posted by sonii82;3199926;
    But we never get those because the show is not long enough 1hr isn't enough and they could have saved some time tonight if they had done the jury house questions on Sunday. I just don't understand why they do this every season. They always leave us wanting more.
    I agree...plus..they pissed away 6 or 7 minutes in the beginning showing us stuff that had ALREADY aired on air! What a waste of time! We could have seen more of the jury house, or more of Dan and Memphis! Either way, it would have been better!

FORT Fanatic

Sorry to pop in last minute--I lurk but haven't posted anything over here. Just some random thoughts...

Has to be one of my favorite BB seasons ever. BB9 was the WORST for me.

I totally agree that America saw the favorable Jerry edit and not the real deal. Hubby and I voted for Renny for the $25,000, but were happy for Keesha.

THRILLED about Dan. I'm a HS teacher, too, and saw him use some tricks of the trade. Did he EVER get mad? I wonder if he'll go back to teaching? As a private school teacher, he probably makes less than $40,000.

One thing I've noticed over the past few seasons is that when it really comes down to it, many of the most bitter jurors DO vote for the best player, whether or not they like him. Dan smoked them all, told them why, and it was rewarded.

One of my favorite moments was when Dan set one of the big blow ups in motion and then went to his bed with the pillow over his face. Camera cut to him and he lifted it and grinned. Priceless! And the sock puppets--OMG!

Kudos to all of you here! Great observations. Looking forward to Survivor and Amazing Race--

FORT Newbie

There is no way Jerry came in second. I believe BB had to SAY Jerry came in second so that an old man could leave with some dignity. Before they announced the vote there were an awful lot of commercials and I think BB had to change Julie's announcement very quickly so the old man could leave kind of thinking that someone still liked him. I don't think they thought it was worth letting an old guy leave totally hated. They would do that with a younger contestant but not with a 75 year old. I will always believe that Renny came in second with that vote. BB's plans were totally thrown off this season by fan reaction to houseguests. They had to do a lot of quick fixes through the season. Even on this episode they had to come up with some quick fixes for miscues like Brian and Renny's exceptionally long speeches. Dan's the man though and Keesha got the Jury prize so it was a dream season to me and best Big Brother EVER! Team Dan forever. I'm not sure we'll ever see another like him. Brilliant.

FORT Newbie

Oh and another few thoughts. Those jurors were totally intrigued by Dan's game play. The only doubt I had on jury votes were with April and her idiotic remarks (could that have been editing--nah) and Jerry because of his aggression and hate for Dan through the season. I did think Jerry either changed his mind at Dan's final speech or came to the conclusion that since the others were voting for Dan then he better too. Remember they all voted together through the first half of the season whether they wanted to or not. Jerry already had some interviews that focused on his Judas comment after he was evicted, so I think he was trying to save face knowing he wasn't well liked. Memphis had the best speech huh--what planet is April on. Ollie swayed April on this one too. He finally had the upper hand with her and good for him. He so totally respected Dan for his game, as did Michelle. Though I liked Memphis, he rode Dan's horse the second part of the season and deserved 2nd. He knew it and they will remain good long distant friends. I don't doubt that they will be in each other's weddings. Dan will also stay close to Brian, Keesha, and Renny. Memphis may to Keesha only (other than Dan). Keesha has already forgiven him, and they live very close to each other.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sonii82;3199913;
    I also loved the way Brian called out April and Michelle for there cattiness towards Keesha in the jury house and how what they did had nothing to do with the game. He called them out and showed them for the nasty people they are. So now of course since it was brought up on the show Keesha is going to ask him exactly what they said. I'm sure at the interviews in the backyard there will be alot of tension between them. I loved the way both him and Steven spoke up and said what they thought of the nastiness from Michelle/April/Jerry and even Ollie
    I don't recall this scene. What exactly did April and Michelle say? Is there a video available?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by payson;3199954;
    I don't recall this scene. What exactly did April and Michelle say? Is there a video available?

Thanks,
    On tonight's show Brian was asked to comment on things he saw the others do in the game he didn't like. So he called out Ap/Mic for saying something nasty about Keesha's body that didn't have anything to do with the game when they were in the jury house.
    They didn't show the scene on tonights show but if you go to the cbs site and watch the archived shows it happened when they were sequestered and Michelle arrived and brought the DVD of the vine comp that Michelle was evicted after.
    They were watching the HG on the vines comp and April snottily said "Looks like Keesha has gained 15lbs in there" and Michelle nastily finished it by saying "Yeah in her arse"
    So Brian called them out on it tonight. And they both just looked at each other when he did. I mean how stupid could they be they are watching that tape and they knew that camera was recording them. They were really stupid to make that very catty comment. I am really glad he spoke up about it.
    Last edited by sonii82; 09-17-2008 at 02:44 AM.

FORT Fanatic

I'm late to the posting party, but I had to comment. I taped the show to watch at 10 because they put it on against Fringe (which I'm really enjoying) and then I found out my nephew had to go to the hospital, so I didn't get to watch until about 1AM.

So I'm not suprised that Dan won, but I am suprised that it was a unamimous vote. I thought for sure it would be closer. I guess everyone realized how well Dan played the game. I do think Memphis deserved some credit, though even if he had gotten some votes, it still probably would have gone to Dan. I wonder if Memphis regrets not taking Keesha instead of Dan. He might have been able to beat her, I don't know. Of course, you can second guess every decision, but that does no good, what done is done. He did win $50K & the car, not bad for a couple months "work".

I'm SO happy Keesha won the $25K. I really wanted her to, but I thought for sure it would go to Renny. I would love to see April right after the show, she must be livid!

Well, I enjoyed this season a lot, I usually hate the winner (at least the last couple). I' hoping the new Survivor will be as enjoyable.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by payson;3199954;

Thanks,
    It was on the show....the first time we got to see the jury house. You can watch the shows online at the CBS site.

+ Reply to Thread