+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: 9/16 Show Discussion (Season Finale) **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/16 Show Discussion (Season Finale) **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by gagi;3199837;
    Kidding...

Gosh, who knew the person who crashed FORT would be so sensitive?
    I knew you were kidding
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3199833;
    Well.....what am I suppose to do now?
    Survivor and TAR start soon...but there's still several days of down time. Oh man, now I might have to break down and do something constructive like clean house or do laundry.
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker;3199845;
    Survivor and TAR start soon...but there's still several days of down time.
    Survivor you post that night and maybe the next 2 if someone does something stupid. No everyday nastiness or bitching 24/7 like we get here

I like Survivor the show better but its not as fun to post about.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Galveston-Flagship 08/08 TexasSweetie's Avatar

I only come here for BB, because of the live feed element (especially since I'm too poor and have dial-up, so don't have the feeds myself).

Maybe I'll pop in every once in awhile on some other ones, especially since I have a "friend" now.
    Renegades all the way!!!

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!

Acck!
    I am already having withdrawals....

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurnThis;3199834;
    A couple of thoughts...
    Why didn't Memphis say he would have taken Dan to the end? I think that actually hurt him. I know I lost respect for him with that answer.

How fantastic to see a jury vote with their heads! Very proud of them for picking the person who played the best game, both strategically and interpersonally.

How could Jerry have come in second? He was vile, nasty, mean-spirited. Renny was (mostly) sweet and kind.

How cool to see someone's plan actually work out and take them all the way to the end. From playing weak at first, to staying loyal to Brian (a gutsy move), to building relationships in the house, to turning into a big time game player when it was called for, Dan played a near-perfect game.

Memphis was using Dan, I don't sense his "renegade" allegiance is real. I know this harkens back to my first point, but it was surprising.

Libra came off so well tonight, where was this nice, rational person in the house?

Kudos again to Ollie and Michelle for voting for the best player!!

Great season, great winner. Glad Keesha got the $25K.
    That Memphis response puzzled me as well. Didn't Dan also look at him with a question in his eyes?

The thing is that after the jury questions, they spent three days in the house together and continued on as though best of friends. I still thought that answer odd, though...a backsliding way of throwing Dan under the bus in a way.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3199847;
    Survivor you post that night and maybe the next 2 if someone does something stupid. No everyday nastiness or bitching 24/7 like we get here

I like Survivor the show better but its not as fun to post about.
    Good point.

We're all doomed.
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSweetie;3199851;
    Maybe I'll pop in every once in awhile on some other ones, especially since I have a "friend" now.
    Hey friend

Richard Hatch Season 1

Just a few thoughts:

1. Dan played a great game, and I'm glad that everyone - including Jerry - realized it was a game and that you do have to lie and play to win. He also had a much better jury questioning than Memphis, and I think earned a lot of respect from those who he had to outplay (outwit can be read too easy here ), such as Michelle.

2. Memphis' not being able to say one thing about doing something nice to Renny is quite embarrassing on his part. I can't believe that given how long they are in there he didn't do one thing nice to her. I think that reflected on him big time with the others. Even though Dan was not liked by April, Ollie, Michelle and Jerry, he did at least do nice things for them.

And, him being noncommital about taking Dan to the end makes me wonder if he really was going to take Dan to the end.

3. Love Renny's speech before she put in the key was quite priceless - you KNEW she was going to vote for Dan. She also had the most applause out of the jury members. What is a shame is that she didn't place at least second in the America's favorite juror.

Given she was - at least my opinion - was shown as who she was both on live feeds and on the show, it showed she really appreciated the experience. If they do an all-stars, I'd love to see her return.

4. How in the world did JERRY get second in the America's vote? I have to say it shows how CBS was effective in editing Jerry to look like a good grandfather figure and not what people saw on live feeds.

Now, I will say IMHO that some of his issues were because he was cooped up in a house with a small backyard for as long as he was. That does take a toll on people mentally Me? - I'd probably end up doing a DOR because I would have trouble with it. But that was no excuse to do some of the things he did.

I hope that when he watches this on video and possibly clips, he realizes that some of the stuff he did was rather rude - to be nice. Did a good job for a 75 year old, but Rudy still wins as my favorite heptarian (? - OK 70+ year old contestant) in a reality show.

5. Given Renny didn't win the America's Choice, I'm glad Keesha won. Was not too fond of the others possible winning the money.

6. Michelle did a lot of celebrating about being right on Dan being "America's Player." That said, she was not entirely correct - it was only one week.

7. Now, given Dan was America's Choice and won $20,000, does this mean he wins $520,000 or is that $20K negated because he won it all?

Overall, a much much better season then the winter session. I like the winner a lot better and most of the players as well. I think part of it too is that the cast was older - though admittedly still in their late 20s, with three older than 30.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 09-16-2008 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3199856;
    7. Now, given Dan was America's Choice and won $20,000, does this mean he wins $520,000 or is that $20K negated because he won it all?
    $520,000

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread