+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 BB Players of all-time according to the posters

Top 10 BB Players of all-time according to the posters

With Dan basically putting himself in Dr. Will territory with his performance this season I figured I would make a thread about the best BB players of all-time. It is all opinion and no one is wrong so give your top 10 and why. Here is my top 10:

10. Roddy (BB3): he made it to the final 5 of the season. He was good, played a good was recognized for being very smart. However his downfall was his alliance with Eric and Chara were both eliminated and thus he couldn't survive to the end. Especially when he was up against Danielle(more on her later).

9. Nakomis (BB5): she was eliminated in the final 4 by her own brother! The person that started the backdoor plan by doing it to Jase. She was a very good player who's main alliance basically went for a guy who didn't like her in Diane. In All-Stars she was out early mainly because Season 6 didn't want to go after Chilltown.

8. Maggie (BB6): won BB6. Maggie had a group behind her. While she told them what to do she just sat in the background and watched them take the fall for it. The Soverign 6 targeted everyone in the Nerd Herd before her and she was the queen. The way she played her own alliance and the way she played the other side was good. She had the target on her back but wasn't really in danger. Using people to shield her from the other side puts Maggie on this list.

7. Memphis (BB10): TBD. Here is a guy who was targeted week 1 by an alliance that included the guy that he ended up going to the end with. From the start Brian and Dan knew Memphis was a threat and the house knew too yet he made it to the end without winning HOH. He was in two alliances. One that dissolved rather quickly but he still started a new one without having to win anything.

6. Allison (BB4): finished 2nd in her season. Allison used it all. From her looks to her brain to athletic ability she used everything to get to the end. One thing she also used was her mouth and that's what cost her. She ripped pretty much everyone in the house and that cost her in the end. Despite that you can't overlook how good she was winning HOH, POV, getting Nathan to take her off the block and playing both sides.

5. Janelle (BB6 and 7): finished 3rd in both seasons. Janelle is probably the toughest player in BB history. She played the game on emotion and she played it good. She was always the last person in her alliance to go. The thing is Janelle had a huge target on her back and yet she always survived until the very end. One can float to the end and play people against others. But Janelle was the very best at wearing her heart on her sleeve and still flying to the end.

4. Danielle (BB3 and 7): best finish was 2nd in BB3. Danielle was sneaky. Danielle didn't really win much but she sat in the background played others against each other and used it to get far in the game. Danielle in my opinion gets a high grade cause she played in the same season as Roddy and beat him. I think her cast had some good people on it and she played them.

3. Eric (BB8): finished 5th in his season. How he got to 5th in the game while balancing America with his true feelings is beyond me. He is a very smart guy and America put him a bad spot(which we had the right to do) but he still got out of jams. He basically help Dick and Danielle win this season on his own. If he had freedom to play this game chances are he would have made it to the end with Jessica in a similar way Dan did with Memphis. Sure he finished 5th but what he had to deal with 5th is a good spot.

2. Dan (BB10): What hasn't Dan done. He has won comps, backstabbed, floated, played people against each other and been believable at the same time. Even in bold moves he has made he has put the target on others and not him in the process of doing it. He has played a great game, people recognize it and instead of looking down on him for it people tend to look up on him. He played the game the way it should be played. Doing it all till the end.

1. Dr. Will (BB2 and 7): won BB2. While Dan played the game the right way, Will just played everyone and the game. Will won nothing. In All-Stars he got nominated for eviction, told everyone he hates them and then was kept. Will however didn't float. He was in the middle of things and basically dared people to evict him. He was unlikeable but because of this people kept him around. While Dan played the game the way it should be, Will invented a new way of playing it. Using social standing, Will used his cockyness to his advantage. Everyone wants to be next to a person that everyone hates at the end. No one wants to be that person except for Will. In fact he relished it. Will is number one in my opinion because while it is one thing to understand the game it's another to invent a new way of playing it and winning that way. Will did that and thus he is number 1.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Top 10 BB Players of all-time according to the posters

Interesting list. Mine is almost identical to yours, though my rankings are a little different on some

10) Dick (BB8): You have no idea how much I loathe this man, how much I think BB kissed his greasy behind and catered to his every need, how he seemed to set a standard for being vile and obnoxious (seriously, would anyone else have gotten away with half of what Dick did in that house?) In saying that, despite the fact he seemed to stick his neck out for his daughter and everyone knew it, the fact that he and his daughter were one (basically him playing the game while Daniele rode his coattails), the fact that he was a vile piece of crap-he won. They could have gotten rid of him, but they didn't. The fact that people were willing to keep him to blindside Dustin and break up his alliance (best reaction in BB history) rather than take their chances, Dick had to be doing something right.

9) Memphis (BB10): You pretty much summed up what I feel. I think this is Memphis's to lose, and that Dan will be sorry he didn't get rid of him sooner.

8) Adria (BB5): Adria seemed to have everything going for her. Strategically she seemed to have her head in the game, had a solid alliance, wasn't seen as a big threat in the challenges. Her only downfall was when Natalie joined her in the house and she ended up turning on her allies. But I still think, up until that point, she played a good game.

7) James (BB6 & 7): Good at the challenges, I'll give him that. I know he took some heat during BB7 for betraying his alliances and for decisions he made (and yeah, the guy was virtually a Dr. Will wannabe). Still, while I don't know if he made the best decisions in the game, I still liked the fact that he was playing the game strategically. I think he obviously made some moves that he should have waited in the future to make, but at the time I think James was doing what he thought was best for his future in the house, as well as trying to possibly scare other allies from straying from him.

6) Nakomis (BB5 & 7): Her game play for AS was disappointing, but considering she didn't really want to be there I guess that was a given. However, she came up with a strategy of six finger plans and backdooring that carried over to other seasons. Nakomis seemed like an obvious target to go first; she appeared to be an outcast of the group but then lost herself in the middle of things and made it all the way to the final 4.

5) Eddie (BB1):
    There really wasn't a lot of gameplay involved during BB1, considering how camera aware everyone was, and the fact that America had the main say in who was voted out. Eddie seemed to be the only one who was aware it was a game, while everyone else was caught up in the love fest. He openly said he wanted the money more than anyone else, and when the HG brought up a question whether to split the jackpot between the remaining hamsters (I think there were 5 left at that point) or keep it for themselves, Eddie was the only one who said he'd go to the end to win it all for himself rather than leave the game at that point and share it with his fellow HG. He also seemed to think George had lost it when he decided he wanted to revolt against BB and have everyone walk out.

4) Dan (BB10): For being a floater but also having a strategy to back it up. I'm surprised that I turned around to liking Dan. Pre-show I didn't care for the guy but you could tell he's not as dumb as he seemed to want everyone to think. He's known everything that's been going and definitely kept his head in the game. Like Dr. Will, he made the decisions that was best for himself. But he was careful to keep them under wraps and not be seen too much as a player.

3) Alison (BB4): I remember reading interviews with HG after BB4 ended where certain jurors said that they would have voted for Alison had they been able to see everything that went on. This was the first season the jurors were sequestered. Alison and Jun played a respectable game, but Alison played a better one. Her only problem, as you pointed out, was her big mouth and the fact that she betrayed some of her allies even when some of them saved her (in Nathan's case I don't think she had to get rid of him when she did). Alison played the game, did the dirty work, but Jun got the payout for it.

2) Danielle (BB3 & 7): I was very disappointed, but not surprised, at Danielle's early exit for BBAS. I liked Lisa but Danielle was definitely the player of the season for BB3. And most people weren't even aware at how strategic her game play was, right down to her secret alliance with Jason, until they saw the show. Which also resulted in them seeing some of her not so kind remarks about Tonya's parenting ability and Roddy being equal to the devil. Of course I think some on the BB3 jury were also swayed by their fellow HG. Chiara wasn't going to vote against her showmance partner Roddy, who hated Danielle after seeing the confessionals against him. Josh didn't seem crazy in voting for Lisa, either.

1) Dr. Will (BB2 & 7): The guy who pretty much invented the game of BB. He openly admitted to his fellow HG that he lied to them, was nominated more times during BB2, openly admitted throwing the HOH contests, was involved in an alliance that was gone in the first few weeks-and he still won. He had all that going against him during BB7, looked like another early target, and made it to the final 4. How I wish Boogie had gotten backstabbed first before Will, and that Will made off with another million. And the fact he managed to get Boogie on BBAS shows what influence he has even over the producers.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-13-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3197652;
    10) Dick (BB8): You have no idea how much I loathe this man, how much I think BB kissed his greasy behind and catered to his every need, how he seemed to set a standard for being vile and obnoxious (seriously, would anyone else have gotten away with half of what Dick did in that house?) In saying that, despite the fact he seemed to stick his neck out for his daughter and everyone knew it, the fact that he and his daughter were one (basically him playing the game while Daniele rode his coattails), the fact that he was a vile piece of crap-he won. They could have gotten rid of him, but they didn't. The fact that people were willing to keep him to blindside Dustin and break up his alliance (best reaction in BB history) rather than take their chances, Dick had to be doing something right.
    So you're basically saying that Dick is one of the Top 10 BB Players because of everyone else's stupidity? That doesn't put him on my list of the top BB players. Dick would never have won his season if it weren't for Grodner and her idea of America's Player. I liked having it back this season for only one week, but I hated it when it occurred throughout the whole season. We basically had most of the power in the game, making Eric form his alliance with Jessica and the Donatos. No AP, and Dick wouldn't have won. And I will stand firmly by that.

I can't really make a list of my Top 10 BB Players since I haven't seen seasons BB2 or BB4 (or BB1, but I don't think that season's contestants should be counted). But after reading a few posts on FoRT and other boards, I think I would consider Will and Allison as two of the best players of all time. Danielle (BB3/7) definitely deserves a spot in there also. Other people I would probably include are Dan, Adam, Diane, Nakomis, and Maggie.

I would possibly include Lisa also. She was a floater throughout her season, but she was a strategic floater. She managed to get a target off of her back, even though she was the first HoH. Usually the first HoH has a huge target on their back after their reign is over, so yeah.

And then I would put Janelle in my list. I absolutely loved Janelle, but she's nowhere near the top of my list, definitely in my lower half. She managed to get third on both of her seasons, which is very impressive. And she won so many competitions. But she clinged on to people too much, meaning that she was dependent on others a lot.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3198416;
    So you're basically saying that Dick is one of the Top 10 BB Players because of everyone else's stupidity? That doesn't put him on my list of the top BB players. Dick would never have won his season if it weren't for Grodner and her idea of America's Player. I liked having it back this season for only one week, but I hated it when it occurred throughout the whole season. We basically had most of the power in the game, making Eric form his alliance with Jessica and the Donatos. No AP, and Dick wouldn't have won. And I will stand firmly by that.
    Honestly, when it comes to BB I don't think there have been that many good players. Most people seem literally clueless about the game and in the last few seasons especially it seems more like a get drunk and get laid the most type of victory than winning a half million. I think it was more BB kissing Dick's ass than it was the AP. Eric seemed smitten with Jessica so I think that alliance was a given. It's hard to say what would have happened without AP, but as I said above, Dick had to be doing something right to win even though he was so vile. And personally, if it wasn't for AP I don't think Eric would have been long for the game. The guy was one of the worst Dr. Will wannabes and I think he would have overstrategized himself and got himself backdoored and sent packing pre-jury. Even without AP, Dustin may have screwed himself by getting too cocky in his position (seriously, who volunteers to be put up unless they want to go home or think they have the check written for them?)

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3198856;
    Honestly, when it comes to BB I don't think there have been that many good players. Most people seem literally clueless about the game and in the last few seasons especially it seems more like a get drunk and get laid the most type of victory than winning a half million. I think it was more BB kissing Dick's ass than it was the AP. Eric seemed smitten with Jessica so I think that alliance was a given. It's hard to say what would have happened without AP, but as I said above, Dick had to be doing something right to win even though he was so vile. And personally, if it wasn't for AP I don't think Eric would have been long for the game. The guy was one of the worst Dr. Will wannabes and I think he would have overstrategized himself and got himself backdoored and sent packing pre-jury. Even without AP, Dustin may have screwed himself by getting too cocky in his position (seriously, who volunteers to be put up unless they want to go home or think they have the check written for them?)
    Regardless if Eric made it far or not, AP still helped Dick win. The Jeric/Donato alliance was not a given. Jessica and Eric were pretty much happy with where they stood before their alliance with the Donatos. But after Eric kept getting ordered to target people other than the Donatos, he knew he had to do something. He knew it would be easier to target Amber, Jameka, Dustin (basically anyone who wasn't a Donato) if he was aligned with Dick & Daniele. IIRC, Dick & Daniele did not initiate any sort of alliance with Jeric. Without them, without America, the Donatos were done for.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Nik

I'm going to post my thoughts on past seasons, choosing a "Star of the Season", a "Best Player", a "Worst Player", a "Most Loathesome Houseguest", a "Hottest Guy" and a "Hottest Girl" for each season.

Please note that "Star of the Season" is the person I consistently rooted for, the person who dominated the season in my eyes. It is a separate distinction from "Best Player" (where I name the person I think played the best overall game of social strategy) and only a few times are the two titles held by the same person. "Star of the Season" matters slightly more to me only because it's a trashy reality show, and ultimately who made the season watchable is the most important thing for me. Janelle for example never had much game but man was she ever a Star! And I think it's important to rank her above say Maggie, who played a great game, but who I never really wanted to see on my screen, on my feeds, or really ever see again in the future.

The "Star of the Season" has to be someone I can root for, someone with a sense of humor and wit, someone who gave me great DR moments, someone I always wanted to follow on the live feeds. A fun personality and a charismatic presence matters most. Finally, every season must have a "Best Player", "Worst Player", "Most Loathesome Houseguest", and "Hottest Guy/Hottest Girl" because these are relative terms ("best", "worst", "most" and "hottest") Meaning, even if a season had all wonderful people (yeah right) or all atrocious (more likely), someone still has to be the best/worst/most/hottest in comparison to the others. You see? That means I may not necessarily say LIKE the "hottest guy" in a season, but that means all the others were far less attractive. However, "Star of the Season" is completely subjective and if I don't think any one season produced a personality that met that criteria, I simply won't choose one.

So...without further geeky ado:

BB2
    Star of the Season: Will (by acclamation)
    Best Player: Will
    Hottest Guy: Will
    Hottest Girl: Shannon (by default: season of female beasts)
    Worst Player: Shannon
    Most Loathesome: Shannon

BB3
    Star of the Season: Amy
    Best Player: Danielle (but overrated)
    Hottest Guy: Eric
    Hottest Girl: Lisa
    Worst Player: Marcellas
    Most Loathesome: Josh

BB4
    Star of the Season: No one
    Best Player: Jun
    Hottest Guy: Nathan
    Hottest Girl: Erika
    Worst Player: Dana
    Most Loathesome: Robert

BB5
    Star of the Season: Marvin
    Best Player: Diane
    Hottest Guy: Drew
    Hottest Girl: Lori
    Worst Player: Jase/Scott (tie)
    Most Loathesome: Jase

BB6
    Star of the Season: Janelle
    Best Player: Maggie
    Hottest Guy: Kaysar/James (tie)
    Hottest Girl: Janelle
    Worst Player: Kaysar
    Most Loathesome: Cappy

BB7
    Star of the Season: Will/Janelle (tie)
    Best Player: Will/Erika (tie)
    Hottest Guy: Will
    Hottest Girl: Janelle
    Worst Player: Kaysar
    Most Loathesome: Mike Boogie

BB8
    Star of the Season: Jen
    Best Player: Daniele Donato (by default)
    Hottest Guy: Mike
    Hottest Girl: Jen
    Worst Player: Mike
    Most Loathesome: Dick

BB9
    Star of the Season: Sheila
    Best Player: Adam/Sharon (tie)
    Hottest Guy: Alex
    Hottest Girl: Allison (by default)
    Worst Player: James/Allison (tie)
    Most Loathesome: Joshua (narrowly eclipsing James/Chelsia/Jen/Parker)

BB10
    Star of the Season: Dan
    Best Player: Dan/Keesha (tie)
    Hottest Guy: Dan
    Hottest Girl: Angie
    Worst Player: Jerry
    Most Loathesome: Jessie

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3198867;
    Regardless if Eric made it far or not, AP still helped Dick win. The Jeric/Donato alliance was not a given. Jessica and Eric were pretty much happy with where they stood before their alliance with the Donatos. But after Eric kept getting ordered to target people other than the Donatos, he knew he had to do something. He knew it would be easier to target Amber, Jameka, Dustin (basically anyone who wasn't a Donato) if he was aligned with Dick & Daniele. IIRC, Dick & Daniele did not initiate any sort of alliance with Jeric. Without them, without America, the Donatos were done for.
    I know that AP helped the Donatos some. But I'm just going to post this because I think people don't realize HOW little AP helped.

Week 1 - Kail HOH. Nominated Amber and Carol. Daniele won veto. Carol evicted. (Dick, Jessica and Dustin can't be nominated because of twist)

Week 2 - Jen HOH. Dick and Dani nominated. Daniele won Veto. Joe nominated. 7-4 vote Joe evicted. AP mean't nothing.

Week 3 - Dick HOH. Nominated Jen and Kail. Let Jen win POV. Mike nominated. Mike evicted

Week 4 - Dustin HOH. Nominated Jen and Kail. Jameka won POV and took Jen off. Nick nominated. AP turned on America...tried to get Nick nominated. Nick evicted.

Week 5 - Daniele HOH. Kail and Jen nominated. Jen won POV. Eric nominated. Kail evicted. Eric was very close to being sent packing....

Week 6 - Jessica HOH. Dani and Dick nominated. Dick won POV took Dani off. Dustin nominated....he volunteered and America asked for it. 4-2 vote. Dustin evicted. AP definitely had influence but even if AP didn't keep Dick the vote would have been a tie.

Week 7 - Daniele HOH. Amber and Jameka nominated. Dani won POV. Took Amber off. Jen replaced. Jen evicted.

Week 8 - Jessica HOH. Amber and Zach nominated. Eric wins POV. Amber evicted. (Some AP influence here)

Week 9 - Zach HOH. Jessica and Jameka nominated. Dani won POV. Jessica evicted.

Fast Forward - Dick won HOH. Jameka and Eric nominated. Zach won POV. Eric evicted.....America's Player...who also had help from BB. He could have been out week 5.

Week 10 - Zach HOH. Dick and Dani nominated. Dani won POV, took Dick off the block. Jameka nominated and evicted.

Week 11 - Dick won Final HOH. Zach evicted. Dick and Dani final 2. Dick wins.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3198896;
    I
    Week 4 - Dustin HOH. Nominated Jen and Kail. Jameka won POV and took Jen off. Nick nominated. AP turned on America...tried to get Nick nominated. Nick evicted. [/B]
    You bring up some interesting points that I hadn't though of about Dick/Dani winning the comps. They did luck out there. In regards to AP, I still believe if it wasn't for that Eric would have done something to get himself evicted early on and that would have meant a whole different ball game. Him turning on America obviously he felt the wrath after getting Nick ousted. But there still may have been an alliance with the Donatos even without AP. Eric didn't really get that chance to play his own game, or do what he really felt, aside from getting Nick booted.

Eric agreeing to be AP coming in meant that what we wanted WAS HIS GAME. IMO, he wouldn't have lasted long anyhow as he had to lay low as AP and couldn't be the true weasel he was while he was playing for us.

but that is my opinion, because I didn't like him AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3198896;
    I know that AP helped the Donatos some. But I'm just going to post this because I think people don't realize HOW little AP helped.

Week 6 - Jessica HOH. Dani and Dick nominated. Dick won POV took Dani off. Dustin nominated....he volunteered and America asked for it. 4-2 vote. Dustin evicted. AP definitely had influence but even if AP didn't keep Dick the vote would have been a tie

Dick and Dani final 2. Dick wins.
    But thats the key point there, it would of been a tie and Jessica WOULD evicted Dick ( also Dustin would of never volunteer if Eric wasn't AP, he tried to "hint" to him it wasn't a good idea ) With Dick gone Dani would of quit just like she did everytime things didn't go her way. She doesn't win HOH or POV next and no ones likes her so she is next voted off. totally differant F-2.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast