+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 10 BB Players of all-time according to the posters

Re: Top 10 BB Players of all-time according to the posters

I liked Eric, and he deserves distinction for how he handled being AP without a net, BUT, if he hadn't been AP I don't think he would have been that memorable. His one independent move was getting rid of Nick. America didn't like it and we let him know it, but beyond that, it was a dumb strategic move motivated by jealousy. Players who do that usually spend the season with a target on their backs and don't last.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3199237;
    But thats the key point there, it would of been a tie and Jessica WOULD evicted Dick ( also Dustin would of never volunteer if Eric wasn't AP, he tried to "hint" to him it wasn't a good idea ) With Dick gone Dani would of quit just like she did everytime things didn't go her way. She doesn't win HOH or POV next and no ones likes her so she is next voted off. totally differant F-2.
    Thats why I said there was some AP influence through out the season. But that people tend to forget...there really wasn't THAT much. Imo, Eric would have been gone the week before if something hadn't influenced people not to vote him out. But really....we can't say how it would have turned out. Maybe Jess could have been convinced to keep Dick. We have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3198896;
    Week 6 - Jessica HOH. Dani and Dick nominated. Dick won POV took Dani off. Dustin nominated....he volunteered and America asked for it. 4-2 vote. Dustin evicted. AP definitely had influence but even if AP didn't keep Dick the vote would have been a tie.
    This is my point, just like pawpaw said. JustJuls, you said it yourself that AP had some influence on the game. And week 6 came the time when AP had some major influence on the game. If you look at Jessica's nominations, she was definitely targeting the Donatos. They weren't pawns. She wasn't planning to backdoor Dustin. She was targeting Dick and Daniele.

But then she got in a relationship with Eric. Eric was AP. He has been AP for 6 weeks at this point, and he has continuously gotten orders to target people who weren't the Donatos. And with these orders, Eric was able to figure out that if he wanted to make his job easier, he had to make an alliance with the Donatos.

This causes Jessica to save Dick. IIRC, Dick was ready to get evicted. I don't remember him campaigning all that much. It wasn't until Eric came to them with a new alliance that Dick had some hope.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3199999;
    This is my point, just like pawpaw said. JustJuls, you said it yourself that AP had some influence on the game. And week 6 came the time when AP had some major influence on the game. If you look at Jessica's nominations, she was definitely targeting the Donatos. They weren't pawns. She wasn't planning to backdoor Dustin. She was targeting Dick and Daniele.

But then she got in a relationship with Eric. Eric was AP. He has been AP for 6 weeks at this point, and he has continuously gotten orders to target people who weren't the Donatos. And with these orders, Eric was able to figure out that if he wanted to make his job easier, he had to make an alliance with the Donatos.

This causes Jessica to save Dick. IIRC, Dick was ready to get evicted. I don't remember him campaigning all that much. It wasn't until Eric came to them with a new alliance that Dick had some hope.
    Also if you recall, Eric was going to rebel and target Dick anyway. Then, he got called into the DR for over 3 hours. When he came out he was PISSED OFF and and kicking things and throwing a HUGE temper tantrum. Then, after he calmed down he went to work on the alliance with the Donatos. To me, it was VERY OBVIOUS that the DR manipulated the outcome. Eric could have and was planning to forgo the AP money that week like he did the week he wanted Nick out (I personally couldn't stand Nick and was cheering Eric on for that little rebellion. Also, Eric happens to be my favorite BB player of all time. He was a great player and VERY sexy IMO) and then cast one wonky vote for Dick because he had no choice. Dani would have given up and gone out the next week. Then Eric and Jess would most likely have been the F2 unless America decided to throw Eric under the bus some other way like they (I say they because I always voted in ways to benefit Eric) did by forcing him to keep Dick in the first place. Anyway, that's my 2 cents FWIW.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3200215;
    Also if you recall, Eric was going to rebel and target Dick anyway. Then, he got called into the DR for over 3 hours. When he came out he was PISSED OFF and and kicking things and throwing a HUGE temper tantrum. Then, after he calmed down he went to work on the alliance with the Donatos. To me, it was VERY OBVIOUS that the DR manipulated the outcome. Eric could have and was planning to forgo the AP money that week like he did the week he wanted Nick out (I personally couldn't stand Nick and was cheering Eric on for that little rebellion. Also, Eric happens to be my favorite BB player of all time. He was a great player and VERY sexy IMO) and then cast one wonky vote for Dick because he had no choice. Dani would have given up and gone out the next week. Then Eric and Jess would most likely have been the F2 unless America decided to throw Eric under the bus some other way like they (I say they because I always voted in ways to benefit Eric) did by forcing him to keep Dick in the first place. Anyway, that's my 2 cents FWIW.
    Also Eric was in an alliance with Jen who was a monster at challenges but when he saw that America was targeting Jen he jumped ship. I honestly believe that the final 3 could have very well been Jen, Jessica and Eric if it wasn't for that stupid America's Player.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nik;3198881;
    I'm going to post my thoughts on past seasons, choosing a "Star of the Season", a "Best Player", a "Worst Player", a "Most Loathesome Houseguest", a "Hottest Guy" and a "Hottest Girl" for each season.

Please note that "Star of the Season" is the person I consistently rooted for, the person who dominated the season in my eyes. It is a separate distinction from "Best Player" (where I name the person I think played the best overall game of social strategy) and only a few times are the two titles held by the same person. "Star of the Season" matters slightly more to me only because it's a trashy reality show, and ultimately who made the season watchable is the most important thing for me. Janelle for example never had much game but man was she ever a Star! And I think it's important to rank her above say Maggie, who played a great game, but who I never really wanted to see on my screen, on my feeds, or really ever see again in the future.

The "Star of the Season" has to be someone I can root for, someone with a sense of humor and wit, someone who gave me great DR moments, someone I always wanted to follow on the live feeds. A fun personality and a charismatic presence matters most. Finally, every season must have a "Best Player", "Worst Player", "Most Loathesome Houseguest", and "Hottest Guy/Hottest Girl" because these are relative terms ("best", "worst", "most" and "hottest") Meaning, even if a season had all wonderful people (yeah right) or all atrocious (more likely), someone still has to be the best/worst/most/hottest in comparison to the others. You see? That means I may not necessarily say LIKE the "hottest guy" in a season, but that means all the others were far less attractive. However, "Star of the Season" is completely subjective and if I don't think any one season produced a personality that met that criteria, I simply won't choose one.

So...without further geeky ado:
    Since Nik didn't do BB1 let me dredge up my memories--although I agree it was a very different show with America having so much input.

Star: Chicken George
    Best Player: Eddie (see above, he was the only one focused on the prize)
    Hottest Guy: Curtis (I know several of us still fondly recall Curtis in his tux)
    Hottest Girl: Tough one... Brittaney was sort of cute; maybe Jordan? Jamie?
    Worst Player: either Jordan (for outing herself as an exotic dancer to that crowd and then being abrasive) or Will-Mega (for using the show to advance his politics, and dissing nice rational Cassandra)--both did things that alienated the others
    Most Loathesome: Will-Mega

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3200249;
    Since Nik didn't do BB1 let me dredge up my memories--although I agree it was a very different show with America having so much input.

Star: Chicken George
    Best Player: Eddie (see above, he was the only one focused on the prize)
    Hottest Guy: Curtis (I know several of us still fondly recall Curtis in his tux)
    Hottest Girl: Tough one... Brittaney was sort of cute; maybe Jordan? Jamie?
    Worst Player: either Jordan (for outing herself as an exotic dancer to that crowd and then being abrasive) or Will-Mega (for using the show to advance his politics, and dissing nice rational Cassandra)--both did things that alienated the others
    Most Loathesome: Will-Mega
    I think everyone but Eddie, and to an extent Will and Jordan, were the worst players of the game. A nice bunch, but too afraid of upsetting America. It always make me wonder if there had been more Eddie's in the bunch and America didn't evict the drama queens if BB would have every changed it's voting format. I think Jordan was interested in playing the game and taking things to a personal level (meaning getting to know everyone) but she got screwed that everyone was too nice and camera aware. She and Will both seemed to realize they were screwed and likely wondered what the heck they were doing there.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

But see....I wasn't trying to argue the fact that there was NO AP influence. I KNOW that there was. I was trying to show just HOW LITTLE there was. Yes, Dick probably would have been gone week 6. But we can't say that for sure since it didn't happen.....just like I can't say for sure that Eric would have been out week 5. AP definitely played a factor in BB8....absolutely. BUT....he didn't win all the competitions for Dick and Dani....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3200321;
    But see....I wasn't trying to argue the fact that there was NO AP influence. I KNOW that there was. I was trying to show just HOW LITTLE there was. Yes, Dick probably would have been gone week 6. But we can't say that for sure since it didn't happen.....just like I can't say for sure that Eric would have been out week 5. AP definitely played a factor in BB8....absolutely. BUT....he didn't win all the competitions for Dick and Dani....
    I see what you're saying JustJuls. I'm still convinced Eric wouldn't have made it past week 3 if he wasn't AP. Which would have meant a whole new game, and who knows where that would have left Jessica. She may have decided all on her own, without Eric or America's influence, to keep Dick over Dustin if it came down to it. I still think without AP Dick would have outlasted Eric. Really reading what you wrote, the only time Eric seemed to help the Donatos was the week Dustin was evicted. But without AP we may have never had that match up. Of course we'll never really know what might have been.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12