+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 8/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: 8/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Ok what type of teacher is Dan.. Renny is not Recluse.. shes reckless (matter of opinion).. and I still think that Ollie could have used reiterate better.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3175877;
    Ok what type of teacher is Dan.. Renny is not Recluse.. shes reckless (matter of opinion).. and I still think that Ollie could have used reiterate better.
    I still hate sports (especially when they pre-empt one of my shows!), but I have more respect for coaches now, based on the examples I've seen this season. I think Dan just had a slip of the tongue and does know the difference between "recluse" and "reckless." Ollie, on the other hand, is just one of the dum dums in the house. He meant repeat, but was too stupid to use the right word.

Before this season I probably would have stereotyped coaches as non-intellectual and not interested in teaching, because their ambition is to coach, and teaching is just a means to an end. However, the winner of this season's The Mole was a coach, and he always answered the questions in their challenges faster and with more accuracy than the so-called super smart players.

And then there is Dan, who is playing a brilliant game, and has all the house and apparently a lot of people on this forum fooled into thinking he is a fool, which of course means his plan is working! His only (potentially huge) mistake was picking the dense, angry Memphis as his main ally. Dan tried to explain what was going on, but Memphis would not and could not shut up and listen. Memphis exhibits many shades of rage, but nothing else. I can't fault Rennie for wanting him gone.

Didn't Dan's letter say "Keep playing smart," or words to that effect? That should have been enough to clue someone in that he has been playing smart and isn't as weak as he appears, but no... If Dan can pull off his plan and blindside them, then they get what they deserve for not being observant enough.
    Last edited by Harvest; 08-25-2008 at 02:02 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Memphis' comments about Dan's Taken T-shirt from Monica really show his view of male-female relationships. What a jerk. And yet because he's teamed with Dan I'm rooting for him to stay in a while.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If Dan lets Memphis go and keeps his word to Ollie, wouldn't that allow him to get an alliance with Ollie (yuck!), Michelle (yuck!), and Renny? Now, I've never been the best at math, but wouldn't those numbers serve him better than just having an alliance with Memphis?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011