+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: 8/5 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 8/5 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I'd love to see Jessie get booted tonight, but they'll probably boot the other guy. The only savng grace about Jessie is that he "ups" the drama factor.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin;3158427;
    You are right, I seriously doubt any of us here would want millions of people scrutinizing our every move, but that is probably why most of us are not on reality television.

When she chooses to go on national television to win money, prizes and fame, it becomes the viewing audience's right to judge and criticize her as a person and character, as well as the decisions she makes while on the show, IMO. That is pretty much what this entire board is about... discussing the shows and contestants and what we think of them and their decisions.
    With all due respect, I do not feel it is our RIGHT, I think we just do it because we can. In fact we have no right to do so but as humans, and being in the nature of humans we can't help ourselves. It is in us to pass judgement, even if we have no right to do so.

I am not saying I am above this, we all have seen how i feel about April, but in her case, I have hard facts to base my opinion on. My knowing her or not doesnt matter, they DO speak for themselves. She puts them out there for everyone to see.

In Libras case, and in my case being a parent, I make my judgements based on what I would have done and I am not as harsh as others or Michelle has been. IMO, Michelle was harsh because it was her that was 'wronged' she had NO problem saying to Jessie that she should have taken HIS letter and not HER trip. That to me was more selfish then Libra taking the trip over the letter.

At this point I am willing to agree to disagree because we can debate this topic back and forth till the end of time, but no one is right or wrong.. Libra did what she felt was right, she has to live with it. I for one just dont see it as all THAT bad.. and i say that as a parent who loves her child more than life it self and has been with out her for 2 months now while she is away with my mom for her summer break.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 08-07-2008 at 04:53 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3158435;
    With all due respect, I do not feel it is our RIGHT, I think we just do it because we can. In fact we have no right to do so but as humans, and being in the nature of humans we can't help ourselves. It is in us to pass judgement, even if we have no right to do so.

I am not saying I am above this, we all have seen how i feel about April, but in her case, I have hard facts to base my opinion on. My knowing her or not doesnt matter, they DO speak for themselves. She puts them out there for everyone to see.

In Libras case, and in my case being a parent, I make my judgements based on what I would have done and I am not as harsh as others or Michelle has been. IMO, Michelle was harsh because it was her that was 'wronged' she had NO problem saying to Jessie that she should have taken HIS letter and not HER trip. That to me was more selfish then Libra taking the trip over the letter.

At this point I am willing to agree to disagree because we can debate this topic back and forth till the end of time, but no one is right or wrong.. Libra did what she felt was right, she has to live with it. I for one just dont see it as all THAT bad.. and i say that as a parent who loves her child more than life it self and has been with out her for 2 months now while she is away with my mom for her summer break.
    OK.. the word "right" may not have been the correct term, but by going on television, she absolutely subjects herself to be judged, no matter how "fair" she feels those judgements are.

Yes, Michelle was out of line saying her kids should be taken away from her. Michelle was angry because the other team won POV, her trip got taken away, she got stuck with the "worst prize of all", and Libra - her worst enemy - won the biggest of them all, and she took every bit of that anger out on Libra in her DR rant.

My judgments/comments on Libra have less to do with her taking a trip that, according to her, she can already afford ten times over, and more to do with the person I see on the feeds day in and day out. I don't relate to her has a person, or as a mother, because I just don't "get" her (as I have stated... I just cannot imagine being able to leave my infants behind for a game show, but that is her decision, not mine).

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3158426;
    ...but again as i have said many times before, if it is an issue of being away from her kids.. for 1 week, 1 month, or 3.. why should she have bothered to go. Everyone is up in arms about the fact she took the Trip over a letter and is all "OMG how can she leave her babies" No one made noise about it till the lettergate issue.
    That is exactly the point those of who aren't up in arms about the letter are trying to make, thank you! If she is the type of person who can leave her babies for up to three months for a game show (not saying that is wrong, just stating the facts in this specific case), then would it really be such a big surprise that that same person would take a letter over a trip (again, not saying that is a bad thing)?? As I've said, who knows if they already worked this kind of thing out ahead of time.

Don't get me wrong, I too wouldn't leave my little babies to be on a show, unless my financial situation was so dire that I felt it was my last hope. Clearly that's not the case for Libra. She just made a choice most of us wouldn't make or can't even see making. I'll agree she very well could be materialistic. However that doesn't mean she's not a loving mother.

The fact is, if anyone is going to scold her for not taking the letter, then it really boils down to being upset with her for being on the show to begin with. She left her children to be on the show...anything she does on the show beyond that has no matter because she already established the type of person she is (in the eyes of the viewer) from day one when it was known she left her twin babies to be on the show. Nothing she does from that decision forward should come as a surprise. Can we not like her decisions and bash her for them? Absolutely . But we shouldn't be shocked by them at this point.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 08-07-2008 at 05:47 PM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin;3158450;
    ... I just cannot imagine being able to leave my infants behind for a game show, but that is her decision, not mine).
    In some cases you just have to

this last 2 months have sucked for me.. but my daughter has had a blast in Oklahoma with my Mom, and done things that shouldnt have been able to do here.

One way i look at the whole Libra thing.. the bonding their father has with them while she is gone.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3158464;
    That is exactly the point those of who aren't up in arms about the letter are trying to make, thank you! If she is the type of person who can leave her babies for up to three months for a game show (not saying that is wrong, just stating the facts in this specific case), then would it really be such a big surprise that that same person would take a letter over a trip (again, not saying that is a bad thing)?? As I've said, who knows if they already worked this kind of thing out ahead of time.

Don't get me wrong, I too wouldn't leave my little babies to be on a show, unless my financial situation was so dire that I felt it was my last hope. Clearly that's not the case for Libra. She just made a choice most of us wouldn't make or can't even see making. I'll agree she very well could be materialistic. However that doesn't mean she's not a loving mother.

The fact is, if anyone is going to scold her for not taking the letter, then it really boils down to being upset with her for being on the show to begin with. She left her children to be on the show...anything she does on the show beyond that has no matter because she already established the type of person she is (in the eyes of the viewer) from day one when it was known she left her twin babies to be on the show. Nothing she does from that decision forward should come as a surprise. Can we not like her decisions and bash her for them? Absolutely . But we shouldn't be shocked by them at this point.
    I'm not upset that she's on the show in the first place, that didn't bother me but the not taking the letter just seemed stoic and unemotional sort of robotic to me but hey that could be just me, hehe.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

Dear mom,

Hope you are having fun on Big Brother. we miss you. Today I pooped. Sissy pooped too. Then we drank a baba, and we pooped. Daddy thought we were smiling at him and that made him very happy, but really we just had to poop. We cried, had more baba, played, and then guess what, we pooped.

Big sis, she adores us. She watched dora the explorer and learned how to say "watermelon" in spanish. Then she played with us until we pooped. Then she went to bed.

Daddy is very busy. he misses you. He misses you more during feeding time and diaper changes. He realizes why you thought the Big brother house would be a bit of a (hopefully paid) vacation. At least there they know how to clean their own poop.

I'm glad we had the chance to write, but if you gave up anything that would earn you money, which is what you are there to do, to get this letter, you are an idiot. An idiot who deserves to be stuck in the red unitard.

Love always,
    The family

P.S. Any letter you get from us will pretty much be the same, but every sunset in Hawaii is an adventure. Aloha!

YEAH, SHE REALLY SHOULD HAVE GIVEN UP A TRIP FOR THAT BIT OF NEWS (tounge planted firmly in cheek) Trust me, if I found the strength to get myself onto that plane and leave my family, I'd make sure I'm coming home with my pockets as full as possible.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 08-07-2008 at 07:22 PM.

Heh what a diversity of people we have on this forum with different points of view and feelings, makes me feel so good inside, hehe.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3158465;
    One way i look at the whole Libra thing.. the bonding their father has with them while she is gone.
    And That Is A Great Thing That Will Be With Him Forever!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread