+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ollie - BB10

Re: Ollie - BB10

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3118537;
    well geez I can see Ollie and Steven the gay cowboy will be great friends
    You never know. Rudy and Rich from Survivor got along pretty well considering Rudy's feelings about gay people.

I think I will like him as long as he doesn't pull the "God wants me to win because I am a good person" card, like some of the other 'religious' people have. (I'm looking at you Amber) Also, as long as he practices what he preaches.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

To this day, Ollie does not drink, smoke or curse; staying true to the values he was raised with as a child.
    this is going to be interesting to see how he handles being in the pressure cooker that we know this game is. will he continue to say true to his values or will he melt down and show his dark side like jameka did? only time will tell ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3118597;
    That wouldn't taint my opinion of him at all if they asked him the question and he answered truthfully. What else would you expect someone that's religious and takes the bible literally to say? Now if he just volunteered that response without being asked the question that would throw up red flags about him to me. I highly doubt though that they didn't set up the question just to get the response they wanted from him.
    It does seem like they asked him questions about gay people.

But, he still contradicted himself. The words "I have nothing against gay people" did come out of his mouth. Then he said, "I don't think they're going to heaven." Even the interviewers asked him something like, "Do you think gay people will go to heaven," and he just answered the question truthfully, he still said it.

Ollie just shouldn't have said that he has nothing against gay people, because he obviously does. I don't have a problem with him saying, "I don't think they'll go to heaven," because I'm afraid to say, but it's typical with religious people. I just have a problem that he contradicted himself.

But whatever, it's one commercial. We still have the rest of the season left!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3118985;
    this is going to be interesting to see how he handles being in the pressure cooker that we know this game is. will he continue to say true to his values or will he melt down and show his dark side like jameka did? only time will tell ...
    i know, i know, i'm quoting myself, but i just finished watching the little interview clips on cbs.com and i notice that julie mentions that until recently, ollie was a virgin and that he is now making up for lost time.

i guess his values have just flown out the window, eh?

I haven't watched any clips yet. At first glance I like this guy. Nice face and smile.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3118985;
    That is the first thing I thought after reading this part of his bio as well....we know what the BB house does to people, and I have to say I will probably have a new found respect for him if he does stick to his values as he says above throughout the show...although I am not sure he will last long either so it may not be too hard for him

Quote Originally Posted by kbcatch25;3119347;
    That is the first thing I thought after reading this part of his bio as well....we know what the BB house does to people, and I have to say I will probably have a new found respect for him if he does stick to his values as he says above throughout the show...although I am not sure he will last long either so it may not be too hard for him
    the only one that i can remember that actually stuck to their values and behaved as such was jason in season 3. and he aligned himself with the devil!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3119107;
    But, he still contradicted himself. The words "I have nothing against gay people" did come out of his mouth. Then he said, "I don't think they're going to heaven." Even the interviewers asked him something like, "Do you think gay people will go to heaven," and he just answered the question truthfully, he still said it.

Ollie just shouldn't have said that he has nothing against gay people, because he obviously does. I don't have a problem with him saying, "I don't think they'll go to heaven," because I'm afraid to say, but it's typical with religious people. I just have a problem that he contradicted himself.

But whatever, it's one commercial. We still have the rest of the season left!

I don't think that these 2 statements are, necessarily, contradictory.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3119446;
    I don't think that these 2 statements are, necessarily, contradictory.
    Well he was talking about gay people as a whole. Ollie must have thought that gay people have sinned or done something wrong for him to say that he doesn't think they'll go to heaven.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

The thinking is love the sinner, hate the sin. That's not just for people who are gay though. It is for all people and all sins. So, I'm guessing that is what he means maybe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast