+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63

Thread: Ollie - BB10

  1. #11
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    19,121

    Re: Ollie - BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3118537;
    well geez I can see Ollie and Steven the gay cowboy will be great friends
    You never know. Rudy and Rich from Survivor got along pretty well considering Rudy's feelings about gay people.


    I think I will like him as long as he doesn't pull the "God wants me to win because I am a good person" card, like some of the other 'religious' people have. (I'm looking at you Amber) Also, as long as he practices what he preaches.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

    #oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

  2. #12
    shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,746

    Re: Ollie - BB10

    To this day, Ollie does not drink, smoke or curse; staying true to the values he was raised with as a child.
    this is going to be interesting to see how he handles being in the pressure cooker that we know this game is. will he continue to say true to his values or will he melt down and show his dark side like jameka did? only time will tell ...

  3. #13
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: Ollie - BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3118597;
    That wouldn't taint my opinion of him at all if they asked him the question and he answered truthfully. What else would you expect someone that's religious and takes the bible literally to say? Now if he just volunteered that response without being asked the question that would throw up red flags about him to me. I highly doubt though that they didn't set up the question just to get the response they wanted from him.
    It does seem like they asked him questions about gay people.

    But, he still contradicted himself. The words "I have nothing against gay people" did come out of his mouth. Then he said, "I don't think they're going to heaven." Even the interviewers asked him something like, "Do you think gay people will go to heaven," and he just answered the question truthfully, he still said it.

    Ollie just shouldn't have said that he has nothing against gay people, because he obviously does. I don't have a problem with him saying, "I don't think they'll go to heaven," because I'm afraid to say, but it's typical with religious people. I just have a problem that he contradicted himself.

    But whatever, it's one commercial. We still have the rest of the season left!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  4. #14
    shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,746

    Re: Ollie - BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3118985;
    this is going to be interesting to see how he handles being in the pressure cooker that we know this game is. will he continue to say true to his values or will he melt down and show his dark side like jameka did? only time will tell ...
    i know, i know, i'm quoting myself, but i just finished watching the little interview clips on cbs.com and i notice that julie mentions that until recently, ollie was a virgin and that he is now making up for lost time.

    i guess his values have just flown out the window, eh?

  5. #15
    FORT Fogey livin4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence KS
    Posts
    2,588

    Re: Ollie - BB10

    I haven't watched any clips yet. At first glance I like this guy. Nice face and smile.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

    Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

  6. #16
    FORT Newbie kbcatch25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Misery...Uh, Missouri
    Posts
    27

    Re: Ollie - BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3118985;
    this is going to be interesting to see how he handles being in the pressure cooker that we know this game is. will he continue to say true to his values or will he melt down and show his dark side like jameka did? only time will tell ...
    That is the first thing I thought after reading this part of his bio as well....we know what the BB house does to people, and I have to say I will probably have a new found respect for him if he does stick to his values as he says above throughout the show...although I am not sure he will last long either so it may not be too hard for him

  7. #17
    shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,746

    Re: Ollie - BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by kbcatch25;3119347;
    That is the first thing I thought after reading this part of his bio as well....we know what the BB house does to people, and I have to say I will probably have a new found respect for him if he does stick to his values as he says above throughout the show...although I am not sure he will last long either so it may not be too hard for him
    the only one that i can remember that actually stuck to their values and behaved as such was jason in season 3. and he aligned himself with the devil!!!

  8. #18
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,379

    Re: Ollie - BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3119107;
    But, he still contradicted himself. The words "I have nothing against gay people" did come out of his mouth. Then he said, "I don't think they're going to heaven." Even the interviewers asked him something like, "Do you think gay people will go to heaven," and he just answered the question truthfully, he still said it.

    Ollie just shouldn't have said that he has nothing against gay people, because he obviously does. I don't have a problem with him saying, "I don't think they'll go to heaven," because I'm afraid to say, but it's typical with religious people. I just have a problem that he contradicted himself.

    But whatever, it's one commercial. We still have the rest of the season left!

    I don't think that these 2 statements are, necessarily, contradictory.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #19
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: Ollie - BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3119446;
    I don't think that these 2 statements are, necessarily, contradictory.
    Well he was talking about gay people as a whole. Ollie must have thought that gay people have sinned or done something wrong for him to say that he doesn't think they'll go to heaven.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  10. #20
    FORT Fan missycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    258

    Re: Ollie - BB10

    The thinking is love the sinner, hate the sin. That's not just for people who are gay though. It is for all people and all sins. So, I'm guessing that is what he means maybe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.