+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Memphis - BB10

Re: Memphis - BB10

For some reason I am just not too impressed with him. Dunno, he almost strikes me as "young and dumb." I do think I will like him better than the body building train conductor guy whose name I forgot already, though.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3123917;
    I assumed that Memphis was a boy's name. I really liked this guy until I watched the end of his interview with Diane and he stated that he didn't think that America was ready for a female of black president. I wonder how one defines "being ready." So he has to do a bit of damage control when he gets in the house for me.
    Well, he and Dan should make a Dandy team.
    Re the name question---see the thread on Jen's interview. His real name is Bobby, he just likes to be called Memphis, no explanation why.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3124257;
    His real name is Bobby, he just likes to be called Memphis, no explanation why.
    Calls himself a "mixologist". Not ready for a black or female president. I have to assume that the explanation for his name is that he's a moron.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm guessing his name is a self-appointed nickname because not many people have heard of the town where he is from. He has spent a lot of time trying to get people to understand where Collierville is....and who wants the nickname "Collierville"? He cuts to the chase and says, "Call me Memphis!" He sounds like a small town idiot.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Hey! I'm from a small town! But you're right.....he sounds like a idiot!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, how about small town, small minded idiot?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't see Memphis lasting very long.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Ugh, I really don't like him after watching the first episode. I know he wasn't shown much, but he irked me with the few seconds he was on my TV.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Occasional FORT Poster lizzybird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3124588;
    Calls himself a "mixologist". Not ready for a black or female president. I have to assume that the explanation for his name is that he's a moron.
    (I cannot believe I am defending Memphis...but...)

I thought Nakomis was a complete idiot when I first saw her on BB: she was covered in tats and piercings, and used the phrase "cool beans." Oh, and she had a stupid, self-appointed name. She ended up being one of my favorite house guests of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybird;3132021;
    (I cannot believe I am defending Memphis...but...)

I thought Nakomis was a complete idiot when I first saw her on BB: she was covered in tats and piercings, and used the phrase "cool beans." Oh, and she had a stupid, self-appointed name. She ended up being one of my favorite house guests of all time!
    I was rooting for Nakomis right from the start, mainly because I almost always root for people who suffer contempt because of their appearance, though I grew to love her for herself. Which is why I don't have a whole lot of respect for someone who isn't ready for a black or female president. I'm sorry, but I really can't be convinced that someone who holds views like that has a whole lot going on upstairs.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread