+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Memphis - BB10

FORT Fanatic

Re: Memphis - BB10

I completely thought from the name Memphis, he would be a she...
    I suppose you can't help what your parents name you, but if it's just a nickname, I think I've already lost all respect for him.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There is something familiar about this guy's face, but I can't put my finger on what it is.

OK, I'm thinking he resembles the guy, Michael, on Design Star, who cried and called for his mommy when he got eliminated from the show! Any other ideas?
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-09-2008 at 01:19 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He looks like he could be Pat Sajak's son.

Looks like he and the cowboy are going to get along....

I just don't think Memphis is his real name. He is originally from Collierville, an affluent suburb just east of Memphis, TN. People who live in Collierville are not the sort who would name their son Memphis. Even as a middle name. His real name is something like Chad or Justin, I guarantee it.

I was thinking about that yesterday. What parent would name their child after a city in the state they are from?? I find myself at this whole name thing this season. Memphis, Libra....
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3123850;
    I was thinking about that yesterday. What parent would name their child after a city in the state they are from?? I find myself at this whole name thing this season. Memphis, Libra....
    Welllll, some people name their children after the place they were conceived... Just sayin'.
    Or maybe these people are using fake names the better to be able to deny it was them later! And to keep people from looking up their history on the internet and posting it far and wide....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3123887;
    Welllll, some people name their children after the place they were conceived... Just sayin'.
    Or maybe these people are using fake names the better to be able to deny it was them later! And to keep people from looking up their history on the internet and posting it far and wide....
    PWS. I know there are some people named after cities, cars, candy, days of the week, etc. I just think he does not look like a Memphis.
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It's interesting that the city of Memphis sounds like a female name to so many people, whereas no one had trouble with Boston as a boy's name (son of one of the Survivors a season or two ago). So it's not that all cities sound like women.

I assumed that Memphis was a boy's name. I really liked this guy until I watched the end of his interview with Diane and he stated that he didn't think that America was ready for a female of black president. I wonder how one defines "being ready." So he has to do a bit of damage control when he gets in the house for me.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

+ Reply to Thread