+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Libra - BB10

Re: Libra - BB10

I don't see how Libra is an "angry black woman", how come every black woman on tv that's outspoken is regarded as the Angry Black Woman or the Black Bitch. Yet white women that are equally as outspoken are never regarded as the white bitch or the Angry White Woman.

She's no worse than Keesha, April, Michelle or Renny who is extremely loud.

Jerry goes around damning people to hell and getting into fights with people and he was never labeled the angry white man. I wonder why.
    Last edited by Truce; 08-11-2008 at 02:42 PM.
    Will talking about James "Looks to me like Janelle WHOPPED HIS ASS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Truce;3162827;
    I don't see how Libra is an "angry black woman", how come every black woman on tv that's outspoken is regarded as the Angry Black Woman or the Black Bitch.
    Libra apparently used the phrase herself, as a soi distant "not an angry black woman".

Jerry goes around damning people to hell and getting into fights with people and he was never labeled the angry white man. I wonder why.
    Why? Because he's being described as an angry old man, instead.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

I don't see how Libra is an "angry black woman", how come every black woman on tv that's outspoken is regarded as the Angry Black Woman or the Black Bitch. Yet white women that are equally as outspoken are never regarded as the white bitch or the Angry White Woman.

That was Libra's terminology. That was a type-cast that Libra was concerned with avoiding. If Jerry had said the one thing he didn't want to do was go in the house and be the grumpy old white man, then people would most likely be quoting that.

I agree, she is no worse than Michelle, Keesha and April (I disagree about Renny). But, I was just quoting that one of the things she was concerned about avoiding going in to the house was squashed within days of being there.

Jerry just proved to everyone that he is an angry white old man who still thinks he's "hot" to young women.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I hope they show the look on Libra's face when April walks into the jury house. That would be priceless!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3172913;
    I hope they show the look on Libra's face when April walks into the jury house. That would be priceless!
    Scary for April, but priceless for Libra. I bet April wouldn't get a wink a sleep

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm guessing they will bond.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree with you 100%!

I was sorry to see Libra go and actually thought she made the house fun ,played the game well and kept things interesting.

The two peas in a pod are together again in the jury house.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678