+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Libra - BB10

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Libra - BB10

Isn't her name something like "Callibra"? I want to say that I heard that somewhere. And I am probably wrong!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3118358;
    I would think the black/white twins thing would not be so rare when the dad is white.... There's such a wide range of what can be called "black".
    Exactly. One light-skinned twin and one dark-skinned twin is not nearly a "medical rarity" when the mother is black and the father is white, especially since the twins are fraternal. That would be no different than most families with mixed race children from single pregnancies, the children almost always look incredibly different.
    I think Libra is confused. It would be rare to have twins that are entirely different races because the mother was sleeping with two men at the same time. If that is the case with these twins, I do not think that is anything to brag about!

this is in no way meant to be mean, but I find it rare that a black woman is married to a white man. In my city, I see mixed race marriages a lot, usually it is the woman that is white and the man that is black. Maybe it is just rare in my circle of life

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3129949;
    this is in no way meant to be mean, but I find it rare that a black woman is married to a white man. In my city, I see mixed race marriages a lot, usually it is the woman that is white and the man that is black. Maybe it is just rare in my circle of life
    It's quite common where I live, including my delightful neighbours across the street.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by LocaCola;3129942;
    Exactly. One light-skinned twin and one dark-skinned twin is not nearly a "medical rarity" when the mother is black and the father is white, especially since the twins are fraternal. That would be no different than most families with mixed race children from single pregnancies, the children almost always look incredibly different.
    I think Libra is confused.
    I hear what you're saying, except that Libra did say one of the children had blue eyes. I would think a bi-racial child with naturally blue eyes would be kinda rare, since the gene for blue eyes is a recessive gene. (at least, I think it is...)

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3129989;
    It's quite common where I live, including my delightful neighbours across the street.
    Thats cool. Like I said, maybe it is just my circle of life. I am a teacher and I see mixed marriages a LOT but to my thinking, I can not remember seeing this type of mix. I live in a city of over 300,000 and there are 12 middle schools, so maybe I have just not met the right people.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3129989;
    It's quite common where I live
    Not uncommon here in Vegas either.

I rather like Libra, but there's something gnawing at me. Something that makes me think my attitude will change.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3130000;
    I hear what you're saying, except that Libra did say one of the children had blue eyes. I would think a bi-racial child with naturally blue eyes would be kinda rare, since the gene for blue eyes is a recessive gene. (at least, I think it is...)
    Almost all babies are born with blue eyes. Their eyes normally change at 6mos-1yr. My daughter's eyes were blue until she was 6 mos old, and they are very dark brown now. I have a friend who had three black and white children, and all but one had blue eyes as a baby. One of her kids is still a blonde, actually, and two have green eyes. The blonde is very light-skinned, the kid with brown eyes is pretty dark, and the other boy with green eyes is sort of in between.

I don't know how many have watched Y&R. Victoria Rowell has a daughter who I always thought was adopted because she is white. I found out a few years ago it is a child she gave birth to. It does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3131225;
    I don't know how many have watched Y&R. Victoria Rowell has a daughter who I always thought was adopted because she is white. I found out a few years ago it is a child she gave birth to. It does happen.

I remember that MsDiva. Her husband was white, the baby was really white with blue eyes too. In fact, one time they were on an airplane and the flight attendant thought VR was the baby's nanny!

One of my neighbors is a full-blooded Italian...dark hair, tans easily, etc. She has the most amazing blue eyes. Her husband, who is Czechoslovakian, also has blue eyes. Their two daughters are dark haired with those blue eyes. One of the daughters married a black guy. Her two daughters are now 3 and 5 and still have those amazing blue eyes!

I am liking Libra so far, although we didn't really see too much of her on the first show. Angie either! Renny...way too much air time! And I wanted to like her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast