+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Libra - BB10

Re: Libra - BB10

interesting indeed ^

i'll be watching... that and her political views should spark lots of conversation in the house

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by workn2hard2day;3121565;
    snipped for space Are we sure the husband is African American? I watched a documentary program with a African American couple that had 1 of each.
    Sorry, guess I was unclear. I meant that the husband looked white to me (although I'm just looking a murky TV ad), so therefore having a kid who looked white wouldn't be all that surprising--after all most African Americans (of the kind whose families have been here since slavery days, not recent immigrants from Africa) are of mixed ancestry, usually for painful reasons initially. Nor would having a kid who looked black be that unusual---since that can mean anything from "tan" skin to really dark. What would be least likely would be a child who was very dark I would guess. Of course the fact that they are twins makes it very cute, but the same odds would exist for the family in their random sons and daughters.

Maybe she and her husband couldn't conceive and had help? It's not impossible for the donors to have been different I suppose. I'm not really sure how that all works but if they are fraternal, it would make sense.
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Someone posted a website here, on one of the early threads, before we knew who the contestants were but had heard about the "rare" twins, that dealt with whole "black appearing" and "white appearing" twins thing. Apparently there are more than half a dozen genes involved in just skin color along (forget hair, etc.), so it's quite possible for the same two people to have very different looking children, depending what genes randomly land in each egg/sperm.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, too late to edit, but waywyrd had posted a link to Wikipedia under superfecundation as a topic. If you scroll down enough you get to the black/white twin thing.

I guess my post has been overshadowed.

I posted a while ago that she said that she comes from a multiracial marriage. She never said that her husband was white specificially, but I think it's safe to assume that he is.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

It will be interesting to watch Libra. Her hometown, Spring is just down the road from me.

I just hope they don't get into a lot of political conversations. I don't know that I could stomach a lot of politics on my favorite reality show. I want entertainment....not a political debate.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;3118671;
    Just an oddity...why name her Libra if she's a Leo?
    Good question...I am not too much into astrology - maybe there are nine months between Libra and Leo? Haha. Maybe mom and pop had great aspirations for their child with equality, fairness, and justice for all...and all that other happy horse crap. But I am a Libra (for real) and so far she is my favorite....but since I have only read two bios at this time, there is the possibility that can change!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

Leo is the end of July to end of August. Then comes Virgo, end of August to end of Sept. Then comes Libra, end of Sept. to end of Aug.

(I have a daughter who is a Leo, a son who is a Virgo and I am a Libra!)

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Maybe they just like the name.......lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast