+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dan - BB10

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Dan - BB10

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3184056;
    I don't watch this show anymore except in small bits and pieces, so I may be way off base, but this is what I think Dan is doing. I think he is thinking way beyond the end of the "game" and into the long term since he knows winning the game is a crapshoot at best. I think he is showing the tv producers and network that the audience likes him, that he is articulate and can be funny, and that they may want to consider making a place for him in television.

Yes, he can be funny, but when I've heard him use a sentence like, "It's me verse them"....and it has been more than once this season, I just cringed and wanted to slap him. Mr. Schoolteacher doesn't know the difference between "verse" and "versus"??? That is right up there with people using the word "conversate"; it is like fingernails on a chalkboard! As ridiculous as it may be, at least we have found "conversate" in dictionaries.....but you'll never find "verse" in the dictionary in the context in which Mr. Schoolteacher uses it. IDIOT.

Open a book other than a playbook, Dan.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He knows it's "versus," he's used it a dozen times before -- I would chalk that up to his speaking cadence, or a momentary lazy pronunciation, not ignorance.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

For some idiotic reason, I hold teachers to a higher standard. Silly me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3185540;
    He knows it's "versus," he's used it a dozen times before -- I would chalk that up to his speaking cadence, or a momentary lazy pronunciation, not ignorance.
    i have a similar thing with the word "didn't" ... try as i might, i can't get that 2nd "d" sound out ... it ends up sounding like "dint". used to irritate the hell out of my husband.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3185470;
    Yes, he can be funny, but when I've heard him use a sentence like, "It's me verse them"....and it has been more than once this season, I just cringed and wanted to slap him. Mr. Schoolteacher doesn't know the difference between "verse" and "versus"??? That is right up there with people using the word "conversate"; it is like fingernails on a chalkboard! As ridiculous as it may be, at least we have found "conversate" in dictionaries.....but you'll never find "verse" in the dictionary in the context in which Mr. Schoolteacher uses it. IDIOT.

Open a book other than a playbook, Dan.
    As I mentioned, I don't watch this show very often and wouldn't have heard Dan make these errors. I was making a guess as to what might he might be thinking of for his future.

That said, I completely agree with you about correct use of language and not only for teachers. Broadcasters, journalists, and politicians make me cringe on a regular basis. Few people today know the correct use of personal pronouns, know the difference between "anxious" and "eager", or "between" and "among" or say "different than" instead of "different from." Sadly, sloppy speech is the norm these days. Like most people, I sometimes make these kinds of errors, but I try hard not to make them too often.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

OMG! I can't believe it. The person I liked from the beginning is actually in the final two!? Am I dreaming? Is this really happening? I wished and hoped and it actually happened. Go all the way Dan. Go all the way!

School Is In Session! Passepartout's Avatar

Despite him being a jerk and not one of my favorites.
    He is playing a good game, plus is a very smart and really smooth talker.
    Wouldn't surprise me if he won the game!
    Can't Wait for NFL!

I just don't see him as a jerk, but that is my opinion.

I could really see being friends with him IRL .

I don't see him as a jerk at all. To me, it seems like he played an incredible level headed and smart game. He never let stuff get under his skin and I think the way he handled himself was with a lot of class. When Jerry was going through the whole Judas thing, Dan stayed cool as a cucumber. Playing smart, with his head and not his emotions.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Dan was actually one of the nicest people in the house.

+ Reply to Thread