+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dan - BB10

Re: Dan - BB10

Dan is great and is doing well so far. I just want to say that being a coach you have a certain skill set that lends itself to this game. He has to motivate, encourage, and support his team all the way. He has to strategize his defense and offense based on the teams they play. I don't think anyone else has that set of skills and in some respects he has an unfair advantage.

Topped off with a great personality he should go all the way to the end, but it is going to get tough when it is down to four. The rest of the game could be luck.

Drove past the school on my way home today, saw the football team practicing and thought of Dan. What a surprise he turned out to be. I never would have expected to like him after his preshow video and his first week.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Re: 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

What on earth was all that crap that Dan pulled at the veto meeting?
    It made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. He could just as easily have put Michelle on the block without all the rigmarole that went before it.
    It seemed ridiculous to me and he came off as majorly arrogant.
    I don't have the feeds and know that those who do seem to love him, but the whole thing seemed utterly pointless to me

If there was some great plan behind his actions I'd love to know what it was.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3179073;
    It made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. He could just as easily have put Michelle on the block without all the rigmarole that went before it.
    I don't have the feeds and know that those who do seem to love him, but the whole thing seemed utterly pointless to me

In the HoH comp deal, he swore to Ollie on his loved ones that Ollie was safe this week. But for the rest of the deal, he merely agreed to it without swearing on something sacred to him. So, Ollie could never go up. Dan (like so many before him in this game) was not going to put up one of his own alliance if the POV was used, and he also wanted to avoid the fights that would result as long as possible, so he kept Ollie, Michelle and Jerry in the dark until the POV ceremony. Ollie didn't get Dan to "swear" to the rest of the deal, so Michelle lost out as a result. And the roulette game was his way of deflecting attention away from himself once the fireworks started; people would hopefully point fingers at each other and not just him. That part was a little over the top, but it made for an entertaining POV meeting, anyway.

It was kind of cold the way he did it, but I think he was making up for all the time he has layed low in the game. He could have done things more upfront and less crafty, but I think he's enjoying himself now that he's finally making some big moves in the game for himself, and the way he is including the audience in the process is very Dr. Will-like. So far it has made for some good TV, which is always welcome for me.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 08-27-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

In the HoH comp deal, he swore to Ollie on his loved ones that Ollie was safe this week. But for the rest of the deal, he merely agreed to it without swearing on something sacred to him. So, Ollie could never go up. Dan (like so many before him in this game) was not going to put up one of his own alliance if the POV was used, and he also wanted to avoid the fights that would result as long as possible, so he kept Ollie, Michelle and Jerry in the dark until the POV ceremony. Ollie didn't get Dan to "swear" to the rest of the deal, so Michelle lost out as a result. And the roulette game was his way of deflecting attention away from himself once the fireworks started; people would hopefully point fingers at each other and not just him. That part was a little over the top, but it made for an entertaining POV meeting, anyway.
    I get all that, but it just seemed so pointless.
    The majority of the house knows that the calling out was staged, everyone got one vote, so he can't even say he put her up because that was the concensus.
    It just seemed like stupid show-boating to me.
    If that process deflects attention from him then good on him, still seemed stupid to me.
    The fireworks will come from Oliie and would have done no matter how he handled the PV ceremony.
    I have found him entertaining, but last night's display made no sense to me.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-27-2008 at 12:59 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree that all this plotting is probably going to guarantee that he won't win the big money if he makes final 2; he'll have too many enemies with grudges in the jury house. I wonder how Michelle will spin everything when she brings the DVD to the jury house to show Libra and April the highlights...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

That was my issue really, MFW.
    He seemed to be doing a really good job of appearing weak. That was a strategy employed by Will too to great effect in his first go around.
    I felt like he blew it last night. He might still win out against most of the remaining HG's in a final two battle, but last night's performance seemed to ruin the perception of his gameplay that he'd taken so much time to establish.
    I guess it all really depends on how the HG's received it.
    They don't always vote logically as we know.
    Time will tell.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I think part of the reason for the "voting" was to try to show Renny that Ollie doesn't have her back as much as she thinks. Renny has been pretty defensive (and somewhat protective) of Ollie, and no amount of persuasion from Dan, Keesha or Memphis has really been able to budge that. That is why he insisted that Ollie say Renny's name, and not Michelle, and vice versa with Keesha saying Michelle's name.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Personally, I think if he makes it to final 2, he will win. I like a little showboating every now and then....especially from somebody who usually doesn't do it. I don't know how, if he's still there at F-2, anybody can watch his game play and not honestly agree that he outplayed all of them! Last night, he really rolled the dice...and from his past chances he's taken, it has worked out to his favor. I'm impressed!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3179073;

I thought the same thing!! I was wondering what the #$@!. Didn`t know what he meant by Ollie losing the bet??????... I was like : "What the #$%@!!

+ Reply to Thread