+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 10 still scheduled for summer

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Big Brother 10 still scheduled for summer

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;2958084;
    Dick said on his Real Player chat with Janelle that he was told BB10 will be a more mature and diverse cast. I hope so......
    Well, it would be hard to be less mature...and diverse....

Just watch everyone... because of all the complaints that BB has gotten about not being very diverse enough in the age department, the producers will throw a very new twist the game: having every housemate be a senior citizen. Every viewer will be bored to tears since stereotypically, seniors like to sleep in a lot, and the producers will just show us that older people are not what the show needs.

No, just kidding. I doubt that they would do that, just for the reason I stated: people would be bored to tears if they watched a house full of seniors.

I'm seriously one of the only people that doesn't care about how there are barely any housemates over 30. It would be nice to have some mature people in there, but it would be way too boring if every housemate was like that. Some wild, crazy, and young housemates are great to me since they do create some entertainment.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Aw, now, CG...over 30 doesn't have to mean a bunch of senior citizens shuffling about with their walkers. Dick, Sheila, Jack, and Chicken George were all old and decrepit by BB's casting standards (not mine ), and they were all fun to watch. Well, maybe not for everyone, but...at least those of us over 30 had someone to identify with.

I just hope they cast some good personalities this time. Ryan and Sharon, and Allison bored me to tears.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Indeed. The more they cast BB as if it's The Real World, the show suffers. Throw in a couple of hot bods of both genders for the one-handed live feeders, but fill the rest of the house with semi-intelligent, noncriminal people that I can relate to in some way.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3033830;
    Indeed. The more they cast BB as if it's The Real World, the show suffers. Throw in a couple of hot bods of both genders for the one-handed live feeders, but fill the rest of the house with semi-intelligent, noncriminal people that I can relate to in some way.
    Exactly

Wild and crazies are fine but that only goes so far.
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3033498;
    Aw, now, CG...over 30 doesn't have to mean a bunch of senior citizens shuffling about with their walkers. Dick, Sheila, Jack, and Chicken George were all old and decrepit by BB's casting standards (not mine ), and they were all fun to watch. Well, maybe not for everyone, but...at least those of us over 30 had someone to identify with.

I just hope they cast some good personalities this time. Ryan and Sharon, and Allison bored me to tears.
    I didn't want the last paragraph to come off as me only talking about senior citizens. The first paragraph was just a joke, and the second paragraph even clarified that.

In the third paragraph, I was responding to everyone's complaints about how the show never has diversity in the age factor, which I understand. But for me, if Allison G. decided to cast too many mature, over-the-age-of-30 people, then I would be bored to tears. It's nice to have someone to relate to, but just think if the whole house was filled with those kind of people. Who would entertain us? Who would we love to hate and hate to love? So I think it's fine if Allison and co. decide to throw in some mature, relatable, over-the-age-of-30 housemates (actually, I would be very happy with that). But just don't go overboard with them because I need my entertainment.

Hope that clears it up.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The thing about casting is anymore they seem to only want to cast young hot single twenty somethings that are going to hook up rather than cast anyone that's interested in playing the game (or heck, even interesting at all). There's been many contestants over the years that didn't fall into that category, love them or hate them, that made the show interesting. waywyrd touched on 2 of my favorites, George and Jack, and then there was Marvin, Danielle, Dr. Will (okay, he hooked up both seasons but it wasn't his main priority), Bunky, Nicole, Hardy, Sheryl, Adria...I think they could find a good mix like BB2-5. That had a little bit of an age range to it and not everyone cared about seeing who could get laid the most or who could be the most vile, disgusting, obnoxious human being to their fellow HG. Of course everyone has their own preferences as to who they like and don't like, because I know some of the people I listed definitely fall into the do not like category.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by princessKIM
    Get a boob job and a lobotomy and you're in Tapper!

Quote Originally Posted by Scout406;2933188;
    SO TRUE!!!
    You also need some sort of rash or smell.
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3035020;
    The thing about casting is anymore they seem to only want to cast young hot single twenty somethings that are going to hook up rather than cast anyone that's interested in playing the game (or heck, even interesting at all). There's been many contestants over the years that didn't fall into that category, love them or hate them, that made the show interesting. waywyrd touched on 2 of my favorites, George and Jack, and then there was Marvin, Danielle, Dr. Will (okay, he hooked up both seasons but it wasn't his main priority), Bunky, Nicole, Hardy, Sheryl, Adria...I think they could find a good mix like BB2-5. That had a little bit of an age range to it and not everyone cared about seeing who could get laid the most or who could be the most vile, disgusting, obnoxious human being to their fellow HG. Of course everyone has their own preferences as to who they like and don't like, because I know some of the people I listed definitely fall into the do not like category.

That was one of things that I noticed the most about the BB9 houseguests.

IMO some of the things they did were ridiculous, like Sheila and Alison making up the lie about being a commited gay couple raising a kid... how in the world was that going to help their game?
    Couldn't they figure out that "couples" were being targeted?

Natalie making such a big deal out of her obsession with Matt, how was that supposed to help?

and Jen immediately running around spilling the beans about her and Ryan the very first time someone even suggests putting him on the block...

Couldnt Jen think of ANY other way of turning the spotlight away from Ryan and suggesting someone else without blabbing that they were a real life couple?

IMO most of them just didn't have a good grasp of how BB works or how to play the game.
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

That was one of my huge complaints about the BB9 cast (besides the over the top sleaze) - those people had no game. None! The whole season was pathetic, game-wise.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread