+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Adam - BB9

Re: Adam - BB9

I am filled with horror that he lives a mere half hour from me.I find him repellent and offensive......and I feel bad for Sheila(she is going to have to pretend to like him a little if she wants to win...and that is going to take some seriously good acting on her part)
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Like I said previously....creepers.
    Forever a Word Nerd

I meant to post this here, not on live feeds.

"Retards," says Adam "I can call them anything I want," says Adam who is now unemployed and will never work in the public or social services sector again. Foundations will not touch him with a 10' pole, hehas made himself into a pariah with his classless remarks. Adam also will find that many viewers either are related to a person on the spectrum, or know someone who is. I wonder if any of them are employers? Ya think? Do you think employers do a Google search on everyone they might employ? I am sure Adam will be delighted to find that his name will bring up lots of hits, he must be famous! He was on Big Brother! I am certain he will be even happier to find that these remarks will be his most frequent Google hits.

Adam will also find there is an absolute 0 tolerance in the work place for these sort of reprehensible and totally gratuitous remarks. Even Dick from last season, would have probably held Adam's head under the water in the pool for making such an ugly remark.

nex
    FORT Newbie

Something doesn't quite click with this guy. At first I thought he was a plant too, maybe some little known comedian, but after that comment, I think he's just off his meds or something. Really surprised he made it through the casting directors.

"Retards" Remark Evokes Outrage.

Advocates for disabled people in South Florida called on Attorney General Bill McCollum to investigate a Miami Beach autism charity linked to a man who referred to children with autism as ''retards'' on the CBS reality TV show Big Brother.

At a small protest outside the Broward County Courthouse Friday morning, Evelyn Ain, the president of New York-based Autism United, blasted CBS and Big Brother for airing a show in which a South Florida man, Adam Jasinski, is heard using the derogatory word -- and then defending its use to cast members.

''Don Imus was fired for less,'' Ain said, referring to the former host of MSNBC's Imus in the Morning show, who referred to members of the Rutgers University's women's basketball team , as ''nappy headed hos.'' Several players were African-American.

Jasinski, who is identified on the show as a public relations manager for a charity group, the United Autism Foundation, told other members of the Big Brother house that he planned someday to open a beauty salon for disabled people ``so the retards can get it together and get their hair done.''

One of the house members is heard saying, ''Don't call them that,'' as others look visibly upset. ''I can call them whatever I want,'' Jasinski, 29, replied. ``I work with them all day long, OK?''

Ain and Gary Greaves, a Boca Raton man who works in public relations and has an autistic child, said they wanted the attorney general's office to investigate Jasinski and the charitable foundation. ''We see red flags,'' said Greaves.

TAKING ADVANTAGE

Ain said she was concerned about the possibility that the foundation, which encourages donations at a Web site that also promotes itself as a ''fan'' site for Jasinski, was ``taking advantage of the autism epidemic to make money.''

CBS's decision to air Jasinski's slur on the Feb. 13 broadcast has stirred so much controversy that Lowe's, the national home improvement chain, decided this week it would cease advertising on the show, according to AdWeek, a trade publication.

Though the man who heads the United Autism Foundation, Olaf Hampel, has issued an apology for Jasinski's comments, neither CBS nor Jasinski has issued any statement.

Charity officials could not be reached Friday. Contact information has been deleted from the group's Web site. A call to a phone number associated with the charity went unanswered.

In December, Jasinski issued a press release to South Florida media promoting ''Autism Sunday,'' an event to raise money for ''health foods'' that, he said, could help ''reverse'' autism. The event included a bowl-athon and a go-cart race. In the release, Jasinski, who's from Miami Beach, identified himself as the charity's public relations manager.

''We are supporting many families and their special-needs children to ensure they have an unforgettable 2007 holiday season,'' the press release said.

A spokeswoman for the attorney general's office said Friday afternoon that the agency has spoken with John Gilmore, an Autism United official, who said he had mailed a letter requesting an investigation. The agency has not yet received the complaint.

The attorney general also has received two separate complaints about Jasinski's comments along with concerns about the legitimacy of the charity for which he raised money.

The agency is ''reviewing'' the complaints, the spokeswoman said, but has not initiated a ''formal'' investigation yet.

'Retards' remark evokes outrage - 02/23/2008 - MiamiHerald.com
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

he is really nasty looking lol

oops.
    Last edited by FireStorm; 02-25-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Adam canned while in the cage!

Found this article today, from the NY Post.

Post staff writer
    YOUR FIRED: Adam Jasinski calls autistic children "retards," on "Big Brother".
    February 27, 2008 -- THE "Big Brother" contestant who stirred up a controversy when he called autistic children "retards," has been fired from his job.

But Adam Jasinski, who worked for the United Autism Foundation, doesn't know he's been canned.

He is sequestered in the "Big Brother" house in LA, cut off from contact with the outside world, in keeping with the show's rules.

The foundation announced his firing on its Web site yesterday.

At least one advertiser pulled out of the show following the public outcry over the crude remark and several autism groups even called for CBS to cancel the reality series because producers chose to air the remark in an edited version of the program.

Jasinski was heard on the program saying that he could call children with autism whatever he liked because he worked with them.

"Mr. Jasinski will no longer work for or represent the United Autism Foundation since he caused tremendous damage to UNIAF," the announcement read.
    'BIG BROTHER' STAR FIRED FOR 'RETARD' COMMENT - New York Post

Justice Served.

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar

Re: Adam canned while in the cage!

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2815801;
    Found this article today, from the NY Post.

'BIG BROTHER' STAR FIRED FOR 'RETARD' COMMENT - New York Post

Justice Served.
    I agree!
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatieKat;2800398;
    I finally figured out who this guy looks like.... "Haywire" from Prison Break!
    Except Haywire has more sense than Adam.
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

+ Reply to Thread