+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Adam - BB9

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Re: Adam - BB9

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;2794425;
    If his "retards" statement doesn't generate as much anger and backlash as Amber's racist statements last year there is just something seriously wrong with the world. Here is a man (and I use that term loosely) who is suppossed to work to make the worlds of these kids a little better and he goes on national television and takes a poop on everything the disabled fight for. He's a coward who takes shots at the weakest amongst us. While it was demonstrated last season how some comments generate outrage (Amber's) while others are allowed to slide (Dustin's) I really hope this man comes home to find out he doesn't have a job anymore. To show no respect for the very population that you serve means that you're in the wrong line of business. I just hope none of these "retards" were watching this guy when he made that statement. He should be informed, just for the record, that not all autistic people are retarded. Some are probably light years ahead of where this tool will ever be.
    BRAVO! Couldn't have said it better myself!

He's definitely not PC.

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur;2794949;
    He's definitely not PC.
    Tat's the way I see it. He is definitely dense and not PC, however, the termed was mental retardation used for generations.

It's an unfortunate statement, but I don't think it compares to Amber's statements.

Autism has nothing to do with mental retardation. Some sources are looking into his claim of being a PR person for a foundation, and it is looking rather shady. I sincerely hope he gets busted.

I finally got round to watching the first episode.
    After hearing about his partner's reaction expected to feel she'd grossly overexaggerated how horrible it was to have him as a partner, but I'm not sure she did.
    He's heinous.
    I think from a gameplay standpoint her reaction was foolish, but I can see why she'd be less than thrilled to be paired with him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveNS;2795021;
    Tat's the way I see it. He is definitely dense and not PC, however, the termed was mental retardation used for generations.

It's an unfortunate statement, but I don't think it compares to Amber's statements.
    Yes, but there have only been two shows. It took Amber awhile to loosen up and let her dribble pour out. Adam is batting a thousand so far. Episode one, calling her ma and getting pissed off, episode two, claiming he has the right to call the kids he "helps" retards. Geez, just typing it makes me feel uncomfortable. It will be interesting to see what other disparaging remarks he has to show us what a quality catch he is.

The statements were both ignorant ramblings that are insensitive and perpetuate negative sterotypes about a certain population.All predjudices are equally harmful to those who are being targeted. Amber used the lousy excuse that she had never been in any real contact with jewish people and was simply spewing back negativity she had heard elsewhere. Adam won't be able to use that excuse. I'm glad people are looking into whether this guy is a fraud or not. While you know that there are people out there like him who may be employed by these organizations, you just never think they'd be stupid enough to let their employers hear it directly from their mouths. I wonder why cbs even chose to broadcast it. Did they broadcast Amber's insensitive comments? As I recall they decided against it.

you can that this bonehead won't be working with autistic kids much longer...

He's a complete idiot! I hope he goes soon, though I feel sorry for his partner. How he got that job in the first place baffles me. I can't stand him and I'm sure there are many others. I couldn't believe it when he said that. Like just because he worked with those kids he had the right to call them that. Very cold and uncaring.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

I finally figured out who this guy looks like.... "Haywire" from Prison Break!

+ Reply to Thread