+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 9 - **Spoiler and Speculation Thread**

Re: Big Brother 9 - **Spoiler and Speculation Thread**

Did you see the lame secret they held up during the commercial? Something like I AM AN HBO ADDICT. I hope that isn't really someone's dirty little secret.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Especially since CBS is partnered with Showtime!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Kikora;2762995;
    Seems perhaps there will be some sort of "dirty little secret" theme/"twist" each player will come in with based on the commercial and song?
    I wish they'd just do a normal, non-lame twist free season of BB. The second and third seasons were just great, but then came the X-factor, Project DNA, Summer of Secrets, All-Stars, and whatever the heck last season was supposed to be. Those twists never amount to anything

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i agree COMPLETELY ... leave the stupid twists out of the 'game'. and the problem is, now they EXPECT a twist.

Now now, what would BB be without a dumbass twist? You'd think they would read some of the boards and figure out that we're tired of their lame "twists."

I've read several things that make it sound like the secrets thing may be true...cheating couples, transsexuals, etc. I really hope not. It'll be like an incredibly long episode of Jerry Springer.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I still don't understand why people want their dirty laundry aired on national tv and internet for all to judge? It amazes me.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2764815;
    Now now, what would BB be without a dumbass twist? You'd think they would read some of the boards and figure out that we're tired of their lame "twists."

I've read several things that make it sound like the secrets thing may be true...cheating couples, transsexuals, etc. I really hope not. It'll be like an incredibly long episode of Jerry Springer.
    What exactly is the point of this secrets theme, if it's true? A couple goes on the show, one is a cheater, the other doesn't know it and they reveal it? Of course, what was the point of any of those twists they had. The twin thing was the only twist that seemed to be an actual twist that impacted the game somewhat. I just wish they had kept that up all season rather than have Natalie move in mid-way through the game. Where do they go next? They seem to have exhausted all the possibilites you'd think they'd use, so I don't like to think about what pairing might be around the corner.

They need to go back to basics. Just throw a bunch of strangers from all over the country into a house and see how they interract. No more production involvement I say.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2764922;
    They need to go back to basics. Just throw a bunch of strangers from all over the country into a house and see how they interract. No more production involvement I say.
    Sounds good to me. As if these twists weren't bad and stupid enough, what I hate is when they put people in the house who already know each other. That could really screw up a person's game plan and puts people at a disadvantage. Put together strangers and let them form their own relationships and create new drama, not hold onto some stupid grudge from their past or ally with someone while compromising their own game. That's what made the second and third seasons the best, imo. And the only twists we saw come out of those 2 seasons was the completely revamped game of BB during season 2, which included HOH and America's Choice, and the introduction of the POV during season 3 (oh yeah, and a HG being voted back in). If production wants to tinker with anything, come up with some decent challenges and maybe some more things to do for the HG in the house. I also loved during BB2 when they had the 4 contestants from Survivor come and spend the night and compete in a challenge against the 4 remaining HG. Now those are the types of twists and stunts I like.
    Last edited by karalott; 01-22-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I hope there aren't any people in the house that already know each other. The fact that Dick and Daniele were father and daughter gave them a completely unfair advantage. Even if they were "estranged" or whatever, they are still blood relatives. Not fair. Put a bunch of strangers in the house with no twist and see what happens. I want old school BB back.
    Wake up and be awesome

+ Reply to Thread