+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Winter edition

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Possible Winter edition

I'm with those that do not want a celeb edition, but I'm ready to erase last season from my mind completely. Though considering all this show seems to do is recruit contestants anyway why not put a regular edition together. They could certainly find a bunch of aspiring models/actors out there in Hollywood that would have 3 months to give up (or however long a winter edition would end up lasting).

But I hope this means there won't be a summer BB. Usually I can only take one BB a year, since it's so long, but it's my summer time staple. I won't know what to do with my time.

If there is a summer edition after the winter edition, they would be back-to-back, wouldn't they? Well, kind of. BB lasts a little more than 2 months, so if they started in February, it would end in April. Then if there would be a summer edition afer that, it would start right at the beginning of July. So there would only be two months inbetween each edition. Boy, that's a lot of Big Brother.

Yeah, I hope they don't do a summer edition if they do a winter edition. Thinking about it, I would prefer BB in the summer because I don't watch anything else much other than SYTYCD (if there is some other show I watch during the summer, it's not coming to mind). But any BB is good. There is such a thing as too much BB with me. I get so into the show, and I always find myself disappointed in the end (with all the seasons I have watched, I have never had a winner with which I liked). I wouldn't like being disappointed twice.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

the futon critic - the web's best primetime television resource

[11.15.07 - 08:31 AM]

CBS ANNOUNCES NATIONWIDE CASTING CALL FOR "BIG BROTHER 9" BEGINNING SATURDAY, NOV. 17
    Released by CBS
    [NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS ANNOUNCES NATIONWIDE CASTING CALL FOR "BIG BROTHER 9" BEGINNING SATURDAY, NOV. 17

THE NINTH INSTALLMENT, HOSTED BY JULIE CHEN, TO BE BROADCAST IN 2008 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Emmy Award Winner Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan Return as Executive Producers

CBS has announced that nationwide casting for BIG BROTHER 9 will take place at locations around the country between Saturday, Nov. 17 and Saturday, Dec. 8 (see below for locations). In addition, applications are now being accepted online at CBS.com for the ninth installment of the reality series which will be broadcast in 2008 on dates to be announced. Julie Chen will return as host for Big Brother 9 and the series will once again be executive produced by Emmy Award winner Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan, in association with Endemol U.S.A.

BIG BROTHER 9 will follow a group of strangers living together in a house outfitted with dozens of cameras and microphones recording their every move 24 hours a day, seven days a week. One by one, the houseguests will vote each other out of the house until at the end of three months, the last remaining houseguest will win the grand prize.

BIG BROTHER 9 CASTING CALL - Dates/Cities/Locations and Local Times:

Nov. 17 Los Angeles - Exclusive Casting Studios, 7700 Sunset Blvd., (12 Noon-3 PM)

Nov. 17 Columbia, S.C. - WLTX-TV, 6027 Garners Ferry Road, (10 AM-2 PM)

Nov. 18 New York - NY Castings, 243 West 30th Street, 3rd. Floor, (12 Noon-8 PM)

Nov. 23 Houston - Meridien, 1503 Chartres St., (7PM-10PM)

Dec. 1 Houston - Moes Grill & Bar, 5000 Katy Mills Circle, (2PM-5PM)

Dec. 1 Schaumburg, IL- Woodfield Mall, "Cool Waves" Nordstrom lower level, (12PM-3PM)

Dec. 1 Atlanta -America's Mart, 240 Peachtree Street 1st Fl. Rm. A, (12 PM-3 PM)

Dec. 1 Brooklyn, NY - Duff's Brooklyn, N. 3rd Street & Kent Avenue, (7 PM-10 PM)

Dec. 1 Charlotte, N.C. - Cans, 500 West 5th Street, (12 PM-3 PM)

Dec. 1 Chicago - Ontourage, 157 W. Ontario Street, (10 PM-12:00 AM)

Dec. 1 Hillsboro, Ore. - The Streets of Tanasbourne, 19350 NW Emma Way, (12 PM-3 PM)

Dec. 1 Kansas City, MO -Screenlands Crossroads Theater, 1656 Washington St., (1 PM-4 PM)

Dec. 7 Columbus, Ohio - Spice Bar, 491 N. Park Street, (10 PM-12:00 AM)

Dec. 7 Scottsdale, Ariz. - Suede Lounge, 7333 E. Indian Plaza, (12 PM-3 PM)

Dec. 8 Boston - Felt, 533 Washington Street 3rd & 4th Floor, (12:00 Noon -3 PM)

Dec. 8 Broomfield, Colo. - FlatIron Crossing, 1 West FlatIron Crossing Drive In the Dillard's Court, (10 AM-1 PM)

Dec. 8 Columbus, Ohio - Park Street Patio, 533 Park Street, (2 PM - 5 PM)

Dec. 8 Tampa, Fla. - The Dubliner Irish Pub, 2307 W. Azeele Street, (12 PM- 3PM)

The BIG BROTHER 9 application and instructions can be found exclusively on the CBS website, CBS.com Big Brother 8.
    So, it doesn't sound like it's an all-star edition.

Chris

I just got that in my inbox and came here to post it, mrpayroll. I guess they are pushing this through. It's funny, I wouldn't have thought it would take three months to get a BB going. Not that I'm dismissing how much they have to do, but with the house all set up and ready to go it seems like it's casting and hiring crew, that's it. Redecorating too, I guess.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

This would make sense with regards to a prolonged strike. This would fill 3 hours out of approx 18 to 20 hours of original programming that CBS usually has during this time of the year.

I would guesstimate that this would start sometime in late February and run through the May sweeps.

A friend at work made an interesting observation that with the possibility of rain during this edition, that it would make for an interesting change of pace. I know though, we hardly get any rain out here.

Chris

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Oh Lordy....I'm about to make a big move and I just don't think I'll be able to devote myself to the live feeds like I did during the summer...but naturally, I'm sure I will be sucked in here at the FORT and depend on my fellow FORTers........

And bring back Dick for one of the challenges........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Just saw a casting call commercial for BB during tonight's Survivor. I must admit as long as it's not a celebrity edition, I'm pretty stoked for a winter BB.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I love me some BB, but really I'm kind of bummed about a winter edition. Or more bummed that BB may no longer be a summer time treat I'm glad it sounds like there's no AS or celeb edition (would have skipped it all together if I had to see Dick, Daniele, or a bunch of D-list celebs). If BB9 ends in May I'd find it really unlikely that they'd air one just a month and a half later in July. Sometimes I think a once a year airing for these shows is a good thing.

I believe that we will still see a summer edition of Big Brother. The only reason we are getting one in winter is because of the writers strike.

Chris

Oh, gawd!! BB again? They're really not allowing enough recovery time between seasons anymore. It usually takes me a full 12 months...
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread