+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amber talking yet?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Amber talking yet?

Re Amber never having met any Jews (before Eric)--she works in Vegas remember...in terms of religion a pretty cosmopolitan city in both the visitors and management. I'm sure she's met Jews before Eric. Now did she know they were Jewish? Maybe not.

Vegas is adventurous and full of opportunity, but I wouldn't call it cosmopolitan in the least. Once you step outside the mega resorts, you are back in desert frontier town. The locals (as in people who were born there) are leathery Nevadans, not moguls and collagen-filled show people.

When I visit there and look for the "gay scene", there still is none. There are a handful of bars, half of which have cowboy/western themes. And the owner of the one gay bookstore there talked about how "the town elders" are still far from tolerant about gay issues.

Vegas is where you can pick your fun, but it's still a desert town too.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2582369;
    Re Amber never having met any Jews (before Eric)--she works in Vegas remember...in terms of religion a pretty cosmopolitan city in both the visitors and management. I'm sure she's met Jews before Eric. Now did she know they were Jewish? Maybe not.
    Vegas was virtually "founded" by Jews (not literally--it was actually incorporated in 1905 by a railroad company, but the opening of Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo Hotel in 1946 is what "made" Vegas what it is today). And Jews pretty much still run large parts of it. Maybe Amber resents that most of the bosses she's had to work for were Jewish...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

PWS
    FORT Fogey

MFWalkoff and Krom...yeah, that's why I specified visitors and management, when I said she had to have many encounters with Jews before Eric. I had a roommate once from there, and she said it was pretty staid and traditional once you got off the Strip.

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2583345;
    MFWalkoff and Krom...yeah, that's why I specified visitors and management, when I said she had to have many encounters with Jews before Eric. I had a roommate once from there, and she said it was pretty staid and traditional once you got off the Strip.
    Yes, that is what I meant by "met". I didn't mean work for. That is totally different.

FORT Newbie

I'm sorry, but I can not believe all the sympathy Amber is getting. First of all, what other people said has nothing to do with her. She made some horrible comments about ALL Jewish people. It started off about Eric, but turned into whenever she meets a bad person it turns out they are Jewish. That has nothing to do with Eric or being mad at him. If someone of another race made me mad, I would never dream of attacking their ethnicity. Amber is a grown woman and should be held accountable, as the rest of society would be. And in her interview, for her to continue to insist she was just mad at Eric and is not prejudiced, just shows how she need to be held accountable. Going on and on about how Jewish people are not good people is prejudice in the worst form. And I also don't care if it's what she was taught at home. Lots of people grow up in bad situation with bad parents. Some take responsibility as adults to lead better lives, and reap the benefits. Others don't and dwell in their problems and reap the consequences of that, as Amber will.

Quote Originally Posted by toshncali;2579853;
    I was just wondering if Amber or her family has said anything yet about her rant against the Jews. I was quite suprised to begin with (ok not that suprised) that BB didn't air it. Plus I think Jameka got off lightly for not walking away or being angry. I thought after the show aired, Amber would immediatly be a big topic. But so far have not seen anything. Has there been any news either about a backlash against her family? I would think they must be in hiding somewhere.
    I am also just wondering if anyone saw Amber's boyfriend in wrap party pics, or anything, I just now thought of this, not remembering seeing Ambers boyfriend. Does anyone know about this?
    Last edited by dagwood; 09-24-2007 at 03:40 PM.

She probably told him she was having an abortion while she snuck off to the party.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2584008;
    She probably told him she was having an abortion while she snuck off to the party.
    not cool.........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2584032;
    not cool.........
    But c'mon, the first time you read it you chuckled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast