+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: 9/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2558780;
    To begin with, they made a pact with him to take he and Jessica to the final 4. And if that isn't enough, Danielle lied to his face when he begged her to let him know if Jessica was going so he could spend some quality time with her. (Read: trying to let her know how he feels about her, as opposed to just hanging out being boring. Of course this is Eric we're talking about so it really wouldn't matter either way, but he doesn't know that. )

There is a big difference between 'not being nice' and 'being cruel'. Dick has been downright cruel to those he feels slights him.

If I saw any man treating a woman as he has treated the women on this show I would step in a stop him. No man or woman should be subjected to the kind of abuse he regularly hurls at all around him. What a great example he is to America's youth.

I would never allow my children to watch this season in particular. Maybe it's a product of my age, but I do not believe his behavior is appropriate on any level.

The Dick is there because he was saved by "America", not by his brilliant game play.
    Yup, I still wonder if there is some kind of rigging going on with the voting, because I cannot believe a full third of "America" would actually tolerate his hate speech. BB should never have tolerated Dick's hate speech any more than they should have tolerated the physical "assaults" of dumping iced drinks on Jen's head and trying to burn her with a cigarette (no matter how much she may have tried to provoke him into burning her.) Jen was able to handle that abuse with superhuman grace. I would have been calling for legal remedies and a restraining order.

As for Daniele lying, she lies to everyone all the time, so it gets me when they become so offended about possibly being lied to. She keeps saying she swears and promises things, like when she swore to Kail she wouldn't put her up only to immediately go back on her word. So they know Daniele is a lying snake, and if they decide to deal with her anyway, they should not be surprised to be betrayed.
    Last edited by Harvest; 09-06-2007 at 02:04 PM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

If it doesn’t inconvenience anyone, I’d like to ‘prattle’ on one more time…

My problem is I’m a 20th century square peg in a 21st century round world. I was raised to believe there is no excuse for a man to physically, verbally or emotionally abuse women. Even when TPTB ‘allow’ it.

I know that in this ‘new’ world people regularly stand back and say ‘it’s not my business’. They do that until something really terrible happens, and then everyone wonders why someone didn’t step forward to stop it. Well, I refuse to be a part of that ‘new’ world. When I see a mother/father abuse a child in the supermarket and call it discipline, I step forward. When I see a woman verbally abused in public and they say she asked for it, I step forward. And, when I see a man physically, verbally and emotionally abuse women on a television show and they call it gamesmanship/entertainment, you can be absolutely certain I will step forward then too.

And that is my personal preference.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2559379;

There's no credit to give. Dick was gone. Dick was campaigning to be voted out. The ONLY thing that kept him in the game was "America" telling Eric to save him. This isn't conjecture or what-if. This is fact. Dick is not there because of his game play, he's there because "America" saved his a$$.

I have to disagree. I think it's quite possible that if D/D were to hold up their end of the bargain in this critical week they would earn enough of Jessica's trust to keep her loyal to the F4. Of course, we'll never know. D/D have made the decision to go back on their word. End of story.
    On another note, thought...the game could have gone many different ways if BB would have let us get rid of Eric when we wanted to. Instead, they called everyone into the DR and swayed them to vote out Kail instead because BB didn't want to lose their 'twist'. of course that didn't make it to the actual show and happened weeks ago when Kail and Eric were on block. So...CBS has interfered so much that it's really hard to predict who would have won this season fair and square.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2559827;
    On another note, thought...the game could have gone many different ways if BB would have let us get rid of Eric when we wanted to. Instead, they called everyone into the DR and swayed them to vote out Kail instead because BB didn't want to lose their 'twist'. of course that didn't make it to the actual show and happened weeks ago when Kail and Eric were on block. So...CBS has interfered so much that it's really hard to predict who would have won this season fair and square.
    Absolutely Kat. But I was talking about what 'did' happen not what could have happened. Hell, if they'd evicted Jessica in the first week like I wanted them to it would be a very different game right now.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I haven't liked Jessica since she opened her mouth on the show, drives me nuts. I also don't like the America's Player angle at all. It is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2559830;
    Absolutely Kat. But I was talking about what 'did' happen not what could have happened. Hell, if they'd evicted Jessica in the first week like I wanted them to it would be a very different game right now.

I know! I remember hating her so much! I still don't really care for her. She does seem like a fun person and her, though, but I'm not really digging her.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2559764;
    Yup, I still wonder if there is some kind of rigging going on with the voting, because I cannot believe a full third of "America" would actually tolerate his hate speech. BB should never have tolerated Dick's hate speech any more than they should have tolerated the physical "assaults" of dumping iced drinks on Jen's head and trying to burn her with a cigarette (no matter how much she may have tried to provoke him into burning her.) Jen was able to handle that abuse with superhuman grace. I would have been calling for legal remedies and a restraining order.
    There's no rigging of votes by the producers. But many fans, mostly D&D fans do use autovoters. It automatically votes for the person that they want evicted/nominated and they also use it to vote on the love em or leave em poll. There was an article posted a while back claiming that Dick's son uses it too.

I think that's why yesterday's votes were for Dani (Dick probably got the votes but he was HOH) because many of the autovoter users weren't able to participate since everything happened within an hour. It was more reflective of what most people I know feel in real life feel, they hate/dislike D&D.
    Will talking about James "Looks to me like Janelle WHOPPED HIS ASS!"

+ Reply to Thread