+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where is the sequester house and family footage this season???

Boston (but a Chicagoan at heart forever!)

Where is the sequester house and family footage this season???

So my husband and I were just talking about tonight's show and realizing that 1) we haven't seen the sequester house yet and 2) it feels like there are significantly fewer interviews with family members. Any ideas why????

We're not quite sure about the first one, other than perhaps they are trying to keep the location a total secret and showing it on tv would allow others to guess where it is and try to put out more banner signs, etc. I'm quite certain that it was shown by this point in the season in previous years. Might they be having problems with keeping the HGs in sequester??? :nono

As for the second one, I'm wondering if it has to do with the backlash from some of the comments HGs have made this year. For instance, Amber has been on the block two weeks in a row and yet there have been no family interviews for her. Do you think her family is afraid to make their faces public and become the target of discontent over Amber's comments? We found it very odd that they higlighted Jameka's family tonight...she had no big stake in tonight's show. I think something must be up, given Hepcat's very recent post that CBS is revoking interviews with evicted HGs for the rest of the season....
    Once again, I will hate whoever wins this season of BB. Why do I even bother watching?

FORT Fogey

Re: Where is the sequester house and family footage this season???

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyJoyz;2553341;
    So my husband and I were just talking about tonight's show and realizing that 1) we haven't seen the sequester house yet and 2) it feels like there are significantly fewer interviews with family members. Any ideas why????

We're not quite sure about the first one, other than perhaps they are trying to keep the location a total secret and showing it on tv would allow others to guess where it is and try to put out more banner signs, etc. I'm quite certain that it was shown by this point in the season in previous years. Might they be having problems with keeping the HGs in sequester??? :nono

As for the second one, I'm wondering if it has to do with the backlash from some of the comments HGs have made this year. For instance, Amber has been on the block two weeks in a row and yet there have been no family interviews for her. Do you think her family is afraid to make their faces public and become the target of discontent over Amber's comments? We found it very odd that they higlighted Jameka's family tonight...she had no big stake in tonight's show. I think something must be up, given Hepcat's very recent post that CBS is revoking interviews with evicted HGs for the rest of the season....
    I think the answer to your sequester question is that I don't think Jen is in sequester and they don't want us to know that. Evicted HGs heading to sequester are not typically allowed to do in person interviews. Jen did an in person interview with Extra and it was obvious she was at the Extra studios. This makes me think she is no where near the sequester house. Notice that tonight they didn't show us Jen's arrival at the sequester house with her tape which is something that they always do. So it will be interesting if they show us something next week but I doubt they will.

CBS is most likely revoking the interviews because they don't want WAHmber and Jameka Christ Superstar to know that everyone in the world heard that convo and everyone sees that WAHmber has racist tendencies.

So we will have to wait until the final night and see how this dust settles. It should be very, very interesting.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by DCDiva;2553424;
    I think the answer to your sequester question is that I don't think Jen is in sequester and they don't want us to know that. Evicted HGs heading to sequester are not typically allowed to do in person interviews. Jen did an in person interview with Extra and it was obvious she was at the Extra studios. This makes me think she is no where near the sequester house. Notice that tonight they didn't show us Jen's arrival at the sequester house with her tape which is something that they always do. So it will be interesting if they show us something next week but I doubt they will.

CBS is most likely revoking the interviews because they don't want Waaaamber and Jameka Christ Superstar to know that everyone in the world heard that convo and everyone sees that Waaaamber has racist tendencies.

So we will have to wait until the final night and see how this dust settles. It should be very, very interesting.
    Right away I thought it odd they didn't show Dustin's arrival at the sequester house. Don't they usually have the first HG show us around whatever great pad they have? To me the importance of the sequester house coverage was to give us a glimpse at what the HGs are like when they are no longer in the pressure cooker of the house and have had a little time to decompress. It was about the only opportunity the evicted HGs had to repair their image a bit. Was it last year that they ended up stuck in some boring house in the mountains in New Mexico or something, instead of a beach house in Mexico? That HAD to disappoint. I think the reason they aren't showing us the sequester house and arrival of the newest evictee has little to do with whether Jen is there or not. After all, they didn't kick it off by showing us Dustin there. I suspect it is a security/game integrity issue of some sort.

For all of Waaaamber's self-righteous blubbering, she turned out to be an absolutely vile person. She really is too dimwitted to see any of it though. Seeing the show when she gets out of sequester is going to be a huge shock, and hopefully a wakeup call for her. The question in my mind is, did Waaaamber's family decline the opportunity to be interviewed and try to repair her horrid public image, or did BB decide to pass them by? I expect they are just as relieved that Waaaamber was evicted and no longer in front of the camera as they are sad she didn't bring home enough cabbage for a new double wide.

Boston (but a Chicagoan at heart forever!)

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;2553566;
    I think the reason they aren't showing us the sequester house and arrival of the newest evictee has little to do with whether Jen is there or not. After all, they didn't kick it off by showing us Dustin there. I suspect it is a security/game integrity issue of some sort.
    Yeah...I'm torn on this. I'm thinking that in previous years, they haven't shown the sequester house until a few days after two people WERE voted out...which I would have thought would have been by last night's show. For some reason, I'm remembering Will (nurse Will, not Dr. Will...BB5 maybe...I start to confuse them) showing us the house and in that same episode seeing who came after him for eviction into the sequester house. But maybe my memory is completely making that up. ANYWAYS, I feel like we would have heard about Jen being out and about by now if she isn't in sequester. I'm sure that Extra or any of the other tabloid-like news programs would be all over the fact that she wasn't in sequester and that they would report any sightings of her. It's been a week now since she was voted out. Plus, wouldn't their BB contracts have some clause about being sued or whatever for not abiding by the game rules? Heck, if Kid Nation is going to sue parents and their kids for talking about the show without permission, I'm sure CBS has to have some irontight clause forcing them into sequester, with the alternative = facing a lawsuit. Which brings me back to my original thought that they are perhaps not showing it so that they can keep the HGs "safe" from being tainted by outsider influence (I say that tongue in cheek of course ).
    Once again, I will hate whoever wins this season of BB. Why do I even bother watching?

I think they didn't show it the first week because that coincided with Jen going nuts and breaking her slop restriction. I think that just provided enough extra footage that they didn't want to spare the air time.

But I don't know why they didn't do it after then. Maybe Jen is out of sequester, but it seems like someone on the internet would have seen her at a coffee shop or something.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;2553825;
    I think they didn't show it the first week because that coincided with Jen going nuts and breaking her slop restriction. I think that just provided enough extra footage that they didn't want to spare the air time.

But I don't know why they didn't do it after then. Maybe Jen is out of sequester, but it seems like someone on the internet would have seen her at a coffee shop or something.
    It's possible that they (CBS) have Jen holed up in a hotel because she refused to go and they really don't want people to know. I know the rules have a clause about America getting the HG's vote if they don't go to sequester so this mystery is getting very very good. I just really think she isn't in the house because of the clip I saw of her on Extra's website of her being outside their TV studios and BB not letting evicted HG's do press that isn't controlled. Heck, they don't even let them go on Housecalls. They have to call in. I hope someone does a good investigative move on this mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;2553825;

I have to agree but then again there are coffee shops on every corner these days and it would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack. And absolutely, Hepcat, the scene where Jen went crazy took precedence in air time.

I didn't know why either, but if Jen isn't there, I really don't see the big deal of not showing us.

I thought they would at least show something on it finale night.

+ Reply to Thread