+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Announcement regarding Big Brother interviews

Re: Announcement regarding Big Brother interviews

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2553884;
    No HouseCalls, either... Gretchen read a statement from BigBrother...
    What did the statement say? Was it basically what Hepcat said about interviewing the evicted HGs?

I'm gonna miss your interviews, Hep!

Pretty much...

My thoughts on it, based on the few actual facts available

AP refused to accept the terms for interviewing the evictees that CBS laid down, (IE NO discussion of Amber's anti-semitic remarks to Jameka) so apparently in retaliation, a fit of pique, or to minimize the fall out, CBS just decided that no one would be interviewed, or be on HouseCalls, or anywhere else to prevent the "tainting of the jury"... (Their words..)

They will give the media full access to all the houseguests when the show ends... Probably hoping the furor will have died down a lot by then, and the media will have moved on to newer targets...

I can see if they grilled Amber, and she was confused and upset by it all and "cried" (And that is a given), she would have taken that information back to the jury house and it "might" have created problems - for Amber... Though I don't know how it would have changed anyone's point of view regarding the final vote...

Another poster mentioned that perhaps Amber, once she was aware of the media uproar, would try to NOT appear anti-semitic and might throw her vote to Eric, should he be in the final two...

I think CBS just was tired of the media harping on it, and wasn't taking any chances of Amber flipping out... They couldn't cut off access to Amber only, so they cut off access to everyone left in the game...

The statement read on HouseCalls was a lot of doubletalk spinning... Even after listening to it twice, It still made little sense...

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2556445;
    Pretty much...

The statement read on HouseCalls was a lot of doubletalk spinning... Even after listening to it twice, It still made little sense...
    I too listened to the statement and explanation on House Calls several times. I don't care for the regular host (I don't even know her name) and have a tendancy to tune her out. This week, I came to the understanding of why my brain tunes her out. She makes absolutely NO sense.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Allison Grodner is doing an horrible job with her first year and the main producers, she's not making any friends with the media. This season went down the toilet fast.
    Should Big Brother survive to season 9 (and its ratings aren't bad at all, so I think that's a strong possibility) I'd be surprised to see Allison back as the executive producer or whatever it is that she does. Before BB8 started, I had read a couple of bits that said this was kind of a make or break season for BB's future and the future of Allison at CBS. I think CBS would be a fool to let her stay on because she's done the absolute worst job, but then again I don't think CBS has done much better with this season's fiascos.

I have to wonder what the hamsters will think when they emerge from the house and are told they won't be giving any interviews. I only hope CBS prepares them for some of the backlash this season has taken. I think it'd serve CBS and Big Brother right if they lifted their press restiction and the press still refused to do any interviews. That'd send the message. And I think that's the bright side, is that hopefully they know this season has been a crapfest and that they've handled some of the controversies poorly. High ratings can come at a price.

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;2553491;
    Tonights show was weird, no mention of amber on GMA, No showing sequester house, and the show only ran until 8:50 p.m. They cut 10 mins. Hep have enjoyed the interviews, thanks for doing them.
    I was wondering about the lack of sequester videos. But, where I am they didn't cut any time. I got the full hour. CBS has made the decision to avoid the controversy that is sure to come about when interviews begin to ask Amber about all the antisemitism comments. They will wait until they are no longer associated with her in any way & then turn her over like a lamb to the slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2553659;
    What a bunch of cowards.

I always looked forward to the interviews, hep - you did an excellent job with them.
    I love your avatar!

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar

Too bad, really. Gretchen doesn't hold back on her show, and I think she does a great job of interviews.

Come on, BB. You don't even trust Julie Chen to do a benign Early Show interview?

What a negative lot this group has been. Amber needs to be held accountable. Also, Eric, Dick, and to a lesser extent, most of the others, need to be confronted with the unwarranted, completely untrue, disgusting filth they have said, and even to this day continue to say, about Jen. You can't even call it gameplay anymore. These people have serious issues.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy;2561464;
    Too bad, really. Gretchen doesn't hold back on her show, and I think she does a great job of interviews.

Come on, BB. You don't even trust Julie Chen to do a benign Early Show interview?

What a negative lot this group has been. Amber needs to be held accountable. Also, Eric, Dick, and to a lesser extent, most of the others, need to be confronted with the unwarranted, completely untrue, disgusting filth they have said, and even to this day continue to say, about Jen. You can't even call it gameplay anymore. These people have serious issues.
    Considering how easy the Chenbot slips up, I guess I can understand why they wouldn't trust even her. I think Amber will get her fair share should she choose to do interviews once out of sequester (and maybe even get the worst of it) but I don't think the majority of them are going to have it easy in the interview round (I think Jessica and Zach may be the only ones to get an easy pass). Nor should they.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123