+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big Brother 4 casting call

Big Brother 4 casting call

March 24, 2003

CBS ANNOUNCES NATIONWIDE CASTING CALL FOR "BIG BROTHER 4"

FOURTH INSTALLMENT OF "BIG BROTHER" TO BE BROADCAST
    IN THE SUMMER OF 2003 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Oscar and Emmy Award Winner Arnold Shapiro and Partner Allison Grodner To Serve as Executive Producers

CBS announced that applications are now being accepted for the fourth installment of the reality series BIG BROTHER, which will be broadcast during the summer of 2003. The series will again be produced by Oscar and Emmy Award winner Arnold Shapiro and his Emmy Award-winning partner Allison Grodner.

BIG BROTHER 4 will follow a group of strangers living together in a house outfitted with dozens of cameras and microphones recording their every move 24 hours a day. One by one, the houseguests will vote each other out of the house. At the end of three months, the last remaining houseguest will receive the grand prize.

The BIG BROTHER 4 application and instructions can be found exclusively on the CBS Web site, www.cbs.com. A two-minute videotape demonstrating why the applicant believes he or she will make the ultimate houseguest and two color photographs must accompany the completed forms. The deadline for applications is April 18.

"Allison and I are excited to reprise our role as executive producers of BIG BROTHER 4, says Shapiro. "We promise more surprises, new twists and turns and the most memorable group of houseguests yet." Adds Grodner, "We look forward to continuing our successful relationship with CBS, and promise BIG BROTHER 4 will be full of surprises as new House Guests move in and face off to win $500,000."

Arnold Shapiro has produced 15 television series, five television movies and more than 50 primetime reality specials, including "Rescue 911" and "Break the Silence: Kids Against Child Abuse," both on the Network, "Flipped," "Scared Straight!," the "Teen Files" series and the current series "The Family." Among the 150 awards he has received are an Academy Award (for the documentary "Scared Straight!"), 16 Emmys, a Peabody and three Humanitas Prizes.

Allison Grodner has worked in documentary and reality-based programming for the past 15 years, starting as part of the original producing and directing team with Shapiro on "Rescue 911." Her other credits include "Family Business," "Flipped," "Small Town Ecstasy," "Dear Santa," the "Teen Files" series, for which she and Shapiro have won three Emmy Awards, "Real Romance," "A Wedding Story" and "Animal Stories." Currently, she is the executive producer of two reality projects with Arnold Shapiro: "The Family" and "DNA: Guilty or Innocent?," the last of which is being produced for the Network.

BIG BROTHER 4, which was created by John de Mol, is an Arnold Shapiro and Allison Grodner Production, in association with Endemol U.S.A.

FORT Fanatic
    Can't wait! Already gearing up for BB4!!!!!
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

"Allison and I are excited to reprise our role as executive producers of BIG BROTHER 4, says Shapiro. "We promise more surprises, new twists and turns and the most memorable group of houseguests yet."
    Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but can they really promise the "Most memorable group" if they just started casting

Twists and turns eh? I'll believe it when I see it.

I wonder if Julie will be back...
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fanatic
    I dunno if anyone here followed/watched BB3 UK, but in that, they divided the house in two half-way through the season. I've heard that BB4's all over the world have adopted the same thing for their BB4. I wonder if Arnie will follow this or not. Of course they'd need to add another toilet and shower.
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

did they then have to compete for tribal immunity? I'm sure they wouldn't call it that of course

FORT Fanatic
    lol nope! But there was a poor and rich side. The rich had all the good food and an indoor bathroom and the opposite for teh poor side. And every week there was a challenge to decide who was on each side.
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

oh my, that could be funny.

FORT Fanatic
    Oh, and if our BB4 does this, I hope that our houseguests are more intelligent that their's. When the "jail bars" were up, the UK houseguests covered themselves in black sheets hoping the cameras wouldn't pick them up... and they crossed over to the rich side and stole alcohol.
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

+ Reply to Thread