+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 8: Interview with Jen - "They did what they did out of fear."

Big Brother 8: Interview with Jen - "They did what they did out of fear."

After an explosive week, Jen Johnson, the 23-year-old nanny-slash-bikini-model from Beverly Hills, was expelled in a decisive 6-0 vote. Even Big Brother itself voted against her, since she garnered a penalty vote for violating her agreement to complete 30 days on slop. Although she told the other houseguests she wouldn’t put up with being in sequester, she answered our email from the sequester house. Maybe plunging Dick into icy cold water at the end of Thursday’s live show made it all better.

If you’re reading this, Jen, it means you were evicted from the house. What tipped the scales in your direction – why did your fellow houseguests vote you out?

My houseguests were convinced that backdooring me was the only way to get me out, so they did what they did out of fear of me winning until the end.

Early on, you said that you and Nick had kissed, but he says that never happened. What really happened between you and Nick?

Well, at the beginning Nick and I had gotten a little close, we were in the circle bed together and an actual kiss never occurred. Nick kissed my hand and I shook my head no....Joe was actually the one to change the story, Nick and I had always had the same claim.

Were you a fan of previous seasons of the show?

I watched season 7 before going into the house, and I found it entertaining, and compelling to watch more.

What was your strategy going into the house?

My strategy was to be myself, to be sure to uphold my values, and to come out either myself or a better person. I also had wanted to have an adjusting strategy based on the people that were in the house.

You gave up half the prize money in a competition – if you're not there to win the half million dollars, why are you on Big Brother? What is your personal motivation?

I am a very competitive person, and I am always up for trying new things, I really feel that I wanted to be on the show because I got the opportunity and I figured why not, seems like a unique experience.

Did you throw any competitions besides the POV that Jameka won?
    I am not sure if I could have won the Bat HOH but I got down before I absolutely had to knowing that it was the 5th week and that I didn't want to win that HOH. As far as the throwing of the POV, Jameka told me before the competition that she would help me get the power of veto any way that I wanted, and that she just wanted me to tell her how.....At the end of the art POV, Jameka was winning, and there was 1 question left, so I knew that If I answered it and got it right or wrong I got the POV...seems like the smartest thing to do to me. Had Jameka answered it and gotten it wrong or anyone else answered and gotten it right then I would have lost. [sad-faced smiley]

How much of a schemer would you say you are?

I may use the word schemer if it means, able to figure things out honestly and still in my favor as a word to describe me.

Did you tell any lies in the house?

I did not tell lies in the house...the only things that I could see as lies are when I was confused, unsure, or when my mind would change on my behalf or because of others. I will say that I do not think that I ever straight up lied.

When you cried over your memory wall picture, was that for show or strategy, or were you honestly just upset?

LOL..I was honestly really upset...it was horrible, and I really couldn't believe that that was the picture everyone was going to have to look at everyday in the house as well as on the internet. I still need to have a serious talk with whoever chose that picture.

Who was your closest ally in the house?

I was obviously close with Kail, I always tried to help her, with her game, with her mood, and really just in life. I really think that even outside of this Kail and I will be able to be friends. I was also close with Eric since the very beginning, but he then became very close with others and that kind of seemed fake, so I kind of told him a lot but didn't know what to expect.

How did you end up being the target of so much verbal abuse from Dick? Why do you think he went after you so much?

Dick was very upset that he couldn't get to me like he could with everyone else and he just continued to yell, and abuse, and well you saw. He also was upset that I would always give him crap for his smoking, and that I would talk badly about Daniele for being a cheat.

For a while, it looked like you and the Donatos were going to work together and had declared a truce. What went wrong?

I was only ever going to work with Daniele, I think that I only agreed to work with them, because they were both on the block and we knew he was going home, I always told everyone including Daniele that I could not work with Dick. I could have been aligned with Dick and Daniele if I was willing, but I just wasn't, I couldn't put myself through that and it really just wouldn't be me to work with such a poor excuse for a human being.

Do you regret evicting Dustin last week?

YES. If I had evicted Dick instead of Dustin I would be in a much better position in this game, I would obviously be closer with Daniele, and I would have not had all of the issues with Dick.

Why did you decide to destroy Dick's cigarettes?

I had decided to destroy Dick's cigarettes before even coming on the show, this is because I do not like to be around smoke and living in the Big Brother house we are all confined to a very small area to all share.

Was there any strategy at play – were you trying to get a penalty nomination so that you would seem less of a threat than Jameka?

No, I was not trying to get a penalty nomination, I would have been able to stay had I not had all those last minute problems.

Did you read the BB rule book section on Food, as some of the other houseguests were claiming?

I read the BB rule book on everything, if you haven't noticed it gets really boring in the house and when I get bored I tended to read the BB rules.

What did you think of Jameka giving up five HOH competitions?

I don’t think that was a very smart move on her part at all...I mean I was on the block and I wasn't even willing to give them up.

What is your impression of Zach?

He's goofy, always trying really hard to be on the show more, and he thinks he's a lot smarter then he is.

Do you agree with Daniele when she said that the house was blaming her unfairly for her father's actions?

No, I got to see first hand of her telling him things to go yell at people about, and we even had a conversation about how it helped to point out everyone’s negative aspects.

What is your impression of Eric?

Eric is a bit of a Two Faced guy, he is really playing this game hard, it means a lot to him, and at the end of the day who knows if he'll be friends with his former houseguests.

From this point forward, who would you like to see in the final 2?

Myself and No one.

How much of this game is playing competitions, and how much is the personal interaction that happens in the house?

Really it could be both. In all actuality you could never win one competition and win the whole game so personal interaction is more important then the competitions, I just enjoy them more.

Is there anything you would have done differently in the game?

I am actually fine just how I was I was me, I had a bad day last week, but other then that I’m fine with how I played and if it wasn’t for that day I could have talked my way into staying....but what are you going to do about it now.

Is there anything you want to say about any of your fellow houseguests?

I feel that I have said so much, I just hope that they are not like this in the outside world, and really even if they are not, the amount of fakeness that goes around the house is still ridiculous.

Is there anything you would like the viewers to know about you or your experience on the show?

I really am glad that I got to have this experience it taught me that even if I am trapped in a house and have a bunch of money dangling in my face I am still me and I am still not going to be tempted by anything...I am not saying I didn't already know that, just that now it’s a proven fact.

Was she a Chilltown plant? CBS wouldn’t let me ask the question, so it will remain an internet urban legend.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Re: Big Brother 8: Interview with Jen - "They did what they did out of fear."

Hmmm, interesting interview, hepcat.
    I find it funny that on the question about lying, she adamantly denies every telling lies, but then if you scroll up to earlier questions in the interview, she finally admits, there was no kiss with Nick...one lie, then she admits that she did answer the question in the POV to secure Jameka winning it, another lie she told in the house. She always denied she threw that question. For talking about how much she didn't change and how she is who she is, I truly think this girl is completely oblivious to who she really is, because she is always playing a character, which is sad.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;2544258;
    What is your impression of Zach?

He's goofy, always trying really hard to be on the show more, and he thinks he's a lot smarter then he is.
    I agree with this.
    Do you agree with Daniele when she said that the house was blaming her unfairly for her father's actions?

No, I got to see first hand of her telling him things to go yell at people about, and we even had a conversation about how it helped to point out everyone’s negative aspects.
    And this, Dani thinks she's sooo sneaky.

Go Jen. You went from being on my dislike list to my favorite HG.
    Will talking about James "Looks to me like Janelle WHOPPED HIS ASS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Namaste;2544268;
    Hmmm, interesting interview, hepcat.
    I find it funny that on the question about lying, she adamantly denies every telling lies, but then if you scroll up to earlier questions in the interview, she finally admits, there was no kiss with Nick...one lie, then she admits that she did answer the question in the POV to secure Jameka winning it, another lie she told in the house. She always denied she threw that question. For talking about how much she didn't change and how she is who she is, I truly think this girl is completely oblivious to who she really is, because she is always playing a character, which is sad.
    Jen has never said Nick kissed her on the lips. She said he kissed her, and he did but it was on the hands.

As for the HOH comp, she said she figured that if she got the answer right she'll win and if she got it wrong Jameka would win. At least that's what I got out of it.
    Will talking about James "Looks to me like Janelle WHOPPED HIS ASS!"

Excellent interview, Hep!

I think that the fact that CBS wouldn't even allow you to ask the question about Chilltown speaks volumes.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Myself and no one.

Anyone else find it odd that she had decided to destroy Dick's cigs before even entering the house? I mean, how did she know anything about him beforehand?

Ah, well. Enjoy the sequester house before it gets too crowded, Jen.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

She meant cigarettes in general. She asked before she went into the house if she could destroy them and she was told that she could.

Anyway, great interview. Too bad you couldn't talk to her on the phone. I loved the myself & no one answer.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2544353;
    Anyone else find it odd that she had decided to destroy Dick's cigs before even entering the house? I mean, how did she know anything about him beforehand?
    That's what I was wondering. I didn't think they knew anything about each other before entering the house.

Great interview, hep! Thanks.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I agree completely---the fact the the Chilltown question was off limits is an answer in and of itself in my book.
    "Well-behaved Women Seldom Make History" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"Always shoot for the moon. That way, even if you fall short you are still among the stars!"
    (Don't remember who said this, I just like it )

Would you like an egg? stolenxSOLACE's Avatar

Great interview! Although Jen was never my number one favorite, I will still miss her pretty badly. She caused a lot of drama in the house which I absolutely thrive on.

Also, if I may ask, what's the deal with her being a Chilltown plant? I hadn't heard anything about that.
    Last edited by stolenxSOLACE; 08-24-2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: This is definitely not a recap.
    BB8 = love.

Are you inspiRED?
    Click here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast